Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Completely agree.

He has had a wasted year which was a very important one especially at his age. He must be playing regular football next season but can't see that being with us. Unfortunately I just don't Thomas has what it takes for this level. Will be delighted if I'm proved wrong but I doubt it.

He spent game time on the bench experiencing top league football at close quarters, it is only a wasted year if this young man did not spend extra time adressing his physical development and skills development. if he has the skills that people say he has then he can as easily develop them at St Mirren as he would at Ayr, Clyde or any other league club

People seem to forget, it is as much down to the player as it is to the manager how far and how quickly he progresses, it is the ones who put in the extra work and develop the edge who move on to a bigger stage. DL put him in the mix and he failed to step up to the challenge in the way that other youngsters did. He either learns from that and applies himself or he is added to the long list of promising & unfulfilled potential stars. he might have been born good but nobody is born competitive

Edited by beyond our ken

According to sky sports news:

"Another line from Scotland and we're hearing that Kenny McLean is set to sign a new contract at St Mirren. The midfielder has been attracting interest from English clubs, but he looks set to stay in the Scottish Premiership."

thumbup2.gif

Edited by tuurner

According to sky sports news:

"Another line from Scotland and we're hearing that Kenny McLean is set to sign a new contract at St Mirren. The midfielder has been attracting interest from English clubs, but he looks set to stay in the Scottish Premiership."

thumbup2.gif

Kenny has signed a new 2 year deal!!

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=34176

Honestly have no idea, but would assume that it's another loan deal from England.

Maybe , but a hold up on 2 loan deals is my understanding.

They should be concluded soon but perhaps not this week more like next week and beyond for the loan deals.

However a contracted deal is on the cards you may ? hear of this before a loan.

One more this week?

Maybe , but a hold up on 2 loan deals is my understanding.

They should be concluded soon but perhaps not this week more like next week and beyond for the loan deals.

However a contracted deal is on the cards you may ? hear of this before a loan.

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

As I said elsewhere , none of us can be certain of what we hear.My comments on players coming / going have been very accurate so far from what info I have gleamed :)

I have a family member ' loosely connected to the club' that's where I get my tittle tattle stuff.

As I said elsewhere , none of us can be certain of what we hear.My comments on players coming / going have been very accurate so far from what info I have gleamed smile.png

I have a family member ' loosely connected to the club' that's where I get my tittle tattle stuff.

You are a shining example of forum users at their best.

He spent game time on the bench experiencing top league football at close quarters, it is only a wasted year if this young man did not spend extra time adressing his physical development and skills development. if he has the skills that people say he has then he can as easily develop them at St Mirren as he would at Ayr, Clyde or any other league club

People seem to forget, it is as much down to the player as it is to the manager how far and how quickly he progresses, it is the ones who put in the extra work and develop the edge who move on to a bigger stage. DL put him in the mix and he failed to step up to the challenge in the way that other youngsters did. He either learns from that and applies himself or he is added to the long list of promising & unfulfilled potential stars. he might have been born good but nobody is born competitive

I think it's quite clear to see that's he's not progressed physically. He's far too lightweight and that's the main reason why I don't think he'll make it.

Would disagree that sitting on a bench every week is helping his progression. I would like to see him been loaned out this season to see if he can cut it in the lower leagues...sadly I think that answer will be no also.

As I said elsewhere , none of us can be certain of what we hear.My comments on players coming / going have been very accurate so far from what info I have gleamed :)

Is that, that auld goat TC shagging the fans missus's again..?