Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Gow's a strange one, maybe I'm missing something.

As far as I can see, he was signed in February as a free agent because there was no one else available & No other Club in the whole of the UK wanted him . The free agent market in February really is bottom of the barrel stuff, and that's what Gow was and is.

His signing was met with almost universal derision and condemnation. Since then he's played plenty of minutes in a forward role without either scoring or making an assist.

Yet people want him given a new deal...? I must be missing something...

Yes , the bit in bold .

I think his injury in the final game has overshadowed a bit of how ineffective he was.

I wouldn't be offering him anything. We need people on the way up, wanting to improve. He is definitely not in that category.

Not at all convinced about Gow for all manner of reasons.

Poor decision if he is to be retained.

Sort of agree, however sometimes a new manager comes in and transforms a player. Tom Hendrie done this with Junior and Tommy Turner. Time will tell if it's a poor decision. However on the evidence so far it doesn't look good but we need to give him a chance under the new regime.

Sort of agree, however sometimes a new manager comes in and transforms a player. Tom Hendrie done this with Junior and Tommy Turner. Time will tell if it's a poor decision. However on the evidence so far it doesn't look good but we need to give him a chance under the new regime.

Perhaps so.

I'm still for a clear out, to be honest, and if that is to include the likes of Teale and Goodwin, then I can't defend keeping Gow on our books.

If Gow is Murray's first signing its all down hill from here on in. Check his stats, the guy was gash for us, and the injury story is bollocks. Are we destined to become a Sevco reject club..?

Why, have we ever signed one from them.

I wonder is there anything that has happened with any manager we have had or any player that has played for st mirren that you Lord......... Has ever liked or agreed with

I only ever read negative remarks and comments yes it's an opinion based forum but I'm struggling to see why you bother following what has and will always be a roller-coaster ride that is st mirren

I wonder is there anything that has happened with any manager we have had or any player that has played for st mirren that you Lord......... Has ever liked or agreed with

I only ever read negative remarks and comments yes it's an opinion based forum but I'm struggling to see why you bother following what has and will always be a roller-coaster ride that is st mirren

Then you haven't read very much!

If there is anyone that thinks re-signing Gow is a good decision i would like to hear what they base that thought on?

Why, have we ever signed one from them.

Good question.

Obviously we have never signed anyone from Sevco (who have since changed their name to The Rangers) as they were only formed in 2012.

I suspect that Pityme is getting mixed up with Rangers... an entirely different club that is now in liquidation..

We've signed a few players in the past who were Rangers rejects.

Steven Thompson being a famous current example. Iain Munro, Stuart Munro and Brian McGinty are examples from the past.

Steve Watson is the only one I can remember being signed directly from Rangers.

Anyone think of some others?

Edited by nosferatu

Thought of some more.

We got Dougie Bell on loan from Rangers for a brief spell under Alex Miller.

Davie Provan played a couple of games for us when he was assistant.

Gus Macpherson & Ricky Robb were Rangers youths.

More recent we had Charlie Adam on loan.