jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

7 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Other clubs are signing players right left and centre, we need to get into the market asap

Dimdee Utd are as are a few other Championship teams. As far as I can see most top clubs are not (excluding **** and Hearts). 

We have a new manager looking at our squad who have just returned to training. I would prefer we bring in the right players than a plethora of sub standard/unknown simply to satisfy impatient fans. Stubbs will have been working behind the scenes so let’s see who comes in.

Edited by nedflanders123

20 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Dimdee Utd are as are a few other Championship teams. As far as I can see most top clubs are not (excluding **** and Hearts). 

We have a new manager looking at our squad who have just returned to training. I would prefer we bring in the right players than a plethora of sub standard/unknown simply to satisfy impatient fans. Stubbs will have been working behind the scenes so let’s see who comes in.

United are hoovering up players like naeb'dy's business. They must be throwing everything at a promotion push (yet again) this season.

I really hope they bomb....yet again:booty

I agree with the above. I am sure there is work going on behind the scenes and I'll just need to get to the fact that the first time I'll hear about a new signing is on the official site when they are introduced to the public - just a different way of conducting business.
And I have no doubt we'll sign players I have never heard of before. I'd prefer that to being continually linked to some of the familiar names currently being banded about as available or talking to other clubs.

In Stubbs we trust.

Jack brought in plenty off players 

not all off them a success 

the clubs who are getting all the players are the ones whos  managers have been there 

and now need to mould there team 

give alan some time no time to rush yet 

2 hours ago, Drew said:

United are hoovering up players like naeb'dy's business. They must be throwing everything at a promotion push (yet again) this season.

I really hope they bomb....yet again:booty

That's because they have a chance this season now the Paisley Brazilians got promoted :P

17 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Craig Halkett has recently followed St Mirren on Twitter...

Looks like he's not signing on again at Livi so could be promising. Good player from what I've seen.

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Disappointing news IMO.

Miller's 'age group' isn't an area we should be exploring. Come on Stubbsy, we should be looking to build for the future rather than signing dinosaurs. This honks of short-termism !!

Might be in the minority, but I'd take him, if he's going to be player/assistant.

That'd make it feel like less of a short-term move, at least, and he can't be a disruptive influence if he's part of the management team.

Article claims even Aberdeen are offering him a package, so he must still have plenty to offer.

30 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Might be in the minority, but I'd take him, if he's going to be player/assistant.

That'd make it feel like less of a short-term move, at least, and he can't be a disruptive influence if he's part of the management team.

Article claims even Aberdeen are offering him a package, so he must still have plenty to offer.

Talks with Rice are on going so I can't see that happening. 

I'd probably still take KM as a player so long as he isn't over our budget. Can't see it happening though with the other club that are reportedly interested in him.

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

Talks with Rice are on going so I can't see that happening. 

I'd probably still take KM as a player so long as he isn't over our budget. Can't see it happening though with the other club that are reportedly interested in him.

Might want to stay in Glasgow area.   Aberdeen is a dump. :P

Edited by pod