Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There you are saying you expect 5 to 6 in, when the reality is more like three or four if everything goes to plan. Which we know never happens in January. So its likely to be around half of what you say most expect.

I would be gobsmacked if we only signed three players this window.. 

31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

There you are saying you expect 5 to 6 in, when the reality is more like three or four if everything goes to plan. Which we know never happens in January. So its likely to be around half of what you say most expect.

I can only go with that Oran Kearney himself said at the Q and A. Said we had a squad of 28 but he wanted to get that down to 20 or 21 (not including youths) but also bring 4 or 5 in. 

This was before we knew we'd be losing Hammill and possibly (probably) Ferdinand and before Samson retired. 

Had we kept Sammy, Hammill and Anton, I'd probably agree with your assessment of 3 or 4 but the fact is that we've lost or are losing 3 first choice players on top of who he already wants rid of. These guys will need replaced on top of what was originally planned to come in. 

Edited by djchapsticks

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I can only go with that Oran Kearney himself said at the Q and A. Said we had a squad of 28 but he wanted to get that down to 20 or 21 (not including youths) but also bring 4 or 5 in. 

This was before we knew we'd be losing Hammill and possibly (probably) Ferdinand and before Samson retired. 

Had we kept Sammy, Hammill and Anton, I'd probably agree with your assessment of 3 or 4 but the fact is that we've lost or are losing 3 first choice players on top of who he already wants rid of. These guys will need replaced on top of what was originally planned to come in. 

Well we read it very differently as he has shipped out majority not playing, but losing Hammil and probably anton. To get to down to 20-21 that would be three or four in. I guess you think he means 4-5 pn top of 21, which wouldnt be much of a drop in squad size from 28.

only commenting on the way i read his, and the board's big hints of much smaller squad.

33 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Why is Ryan Edwards still at our club, if OK can't see that he is dreadful then thats worrying..

The problem with Ryan Edwards is that as he's already played for Hearts u-20s in the Challenge Cup, and is not on a "development loan" he is deemed to have played for two clubs.

So, unless Hearts see him playing in their first team, they may not be particularly keen to take him back, as we're paying his wages (or at least a % of them) and he's currently under a season long loan agreement. He wouldn't be allowed to sign and play for a third club this season.

I don't necessarily think he'd be a bad guy to have on the bench but I don't see him being a regular started if we get our recruitment right this month.

4 minutes ago, div said:

The problem with Ryan Edwards is that as he's already played for Hearts u-20s in the Challenge Cup, and is not on a "development loan" he is deemed to have played for two clubs.

So, unless Hearts see him playing in their first team, they may not be particularly keen to take him back, as we're paying his wages (or at least a % of them) and he's currently under a season long loan agreement. He wouldn't be allowed to sign and play for a third club this season.

I don't necessarily think he'd be a bad guy to have on the bench but I don't see him being a regular started if we get our recruitment right this month.

The guy gives me the fear anytime he’s got the ball :ph34r:

Rumours of a signing incoming, and that it might be Logan Bailly. I just find it so hard to get excited about signing a goalie. It's like getting new tyres for your car. You know they're essential but they're so f**king dull.

Mind, if you google him, the second and third results describe him as a flop, a dud and a love rat, so there's always that :lol:

image.thumb.png.436f02dc3936d6ec28942c5e88af2d53.png

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Be prepared to be potentially gobsmacked bud.

This window will show us all, if Saints actually have the ability to move up to the promised land we have been hoping for since the 80s.

Are we a Thistle , a Pars a Falkirk, or are we an Accies, Fakes or Well.

The main diffrence I see is guidence from the top. Whilst Gilmour delivered us to a 8000 all seater stadia and Ralston and no debt, he also clearly wanted out, the GLS comes in, passionate but hardly a sugar daddy, and the fact our managers have changed more often than the weather has meant we cant get any consistency.#

So happy to support Oran but my god he needs support for those around him, and not just Fitzy saying he is the new Fergie  

Edited by DougJamie

46 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Also need a defensive midfielder, a centre half if Ferdinand goes and another goalie if Rodgers goes back to Aberdeen.

Magennis back would be as good as a new signing but don't think we can rely on that. If we signed a left back I think Erhahon could fit into that role....

Like you say, anyone we lose needs to be replaced, or we need to have someone who can cover that position

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

From a Saints unreliable source Hammill away to Scornthope.  Bloody hell sorry state when we can not compete with them. No disrespect.  

Lower crowds than us but a bigger Wage Bill. Made a loss last year. TV money in England helps perhaps.

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

From a Saints unreliable source Hammill away to Scornthope.  Bloody hell sorry state when we can not compete with them. No disrespect.  

From a source?

We confirmed it on the official site yesterday.

He went back south as it was closer to his family.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

From a source?

We confirmed it on the official site yesterday.

He went back south as it was closer to his family.

Mate I have been in travel mode to the far East for 48 hours. Just on the web so forgive me . Did not read it anywhere plus all texts just came through.