Jump to content

Speculation Thread


jimdickloyal

Recommended Posts


21 minutes ago, div said:

Find the Scott rumour a bit hard to swallow to be honest but I’ll be delighted if we get him!

How come.? To be honest there has been rumours about Kennedy, Jones, Middleton etc. What makes this different to swallow.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ethan said:

How come.? To be honest there has been rumours about Kennedy, Jones, Middleton etc. What makes this different to swallow.?

Just find it hard to believe that Hull would write off £1m on a player they bought just 18 months ago.

The source article is quite confusing as it says they're ready to move him on then quotes the manager as saying he doesn't want him to go.

Also find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be bigger clubs up here after him.

And finally unless we are planning to play him as a winger I can't see how he fits in.

Time will tell but I'll be very surprised if we see James Scott with the scarf aloft!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, div said:

Just find it hard to believe that Hull would write off £1m on a player they bought just 18 months ago.

The source article is quite confusing as it says they're ready to move him on then quotes the manager as saying he doesn't want him to go.

Also find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be bigger clubs up here after him.

And finally unless we are planning to play him as a winger I can't see how he fits in.

Time will tell but I'll be very surprised if we see James Scott with the scarf aloft!

Could we offer Erwin as a swap .?  🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Could we offer Erwin as a swap .?  🤔

I think Erwin has something to offer. I see him and Main competing for a start whilst Dennis and Brophy fight it out for the other striking berth. He's looked sharper in the times he's played so far this season IMO.

Good to have players competing for jerseys, nobody should be garanteed a start.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, div said:

I think Erwin has something to offer. I see him and Main competing for a start whilst Dennis and Brophy fight it out for the other striking berth. He's looked sharper in the times he's played so far this season IMO.

Good to have players competing for jerseys, nobody should be garanteed a start.

 

Sorry , can’t see it .
Brophy will be first choice with either Main or Dennis as partner depending on the opposition. 
IMO ,Erwin has had a season to find his scoring boots, and a couple of pre season goals against lower opposition doesn’t do it for me 👎

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sorry , can’t see it .
Brophy will be first choice with either Main or Dennis as partner depending on the opposition. 
IMO ,Erwin has had a season to find his scoring boots, and a couple of pre season goals against lower opposition doesn’t do it for me 👎

 

I don't think Main or Erwin are going to score bundles of goals but they are the sort of foil that a Brophy or a Dennis needs IMO. You saw that with the first goal we scored on Saturday, perfect example of two strikers working well together.

Dennis is probably the most natural finisher we have (other than McGrath who seems to have ice in his veins when he's in front of goal) but Brophy is also well capable of scoring a few if he gets enough of the ball.

I do like Erwin, feel he's just one of those players that the fans just don't take to for whatever reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some opinions on Scott from actual Hull City supporters.......

Never really settled at City due to bad luck with injuries.
The few games he did play he was used as a winger.
There's a decent footballer in there somewhere 

Good afternoon, what I have seen of him has been poor , mind you he's been injured a lot . So good luck if you sign him as there is a decent player in there 😉👍 

He just not settled at city had injuries and couldn’t get a run in the team. He did well before he joined us they is a good player somewhere in him.  

When he played didn't really show much score a worldie goal in a cup game but just goes missing alot of the games and has big issue with confidence. He desperately needs a loan to get his confidence back

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, div said:

Just find it hard to believe that Hull would write off £1m on a player they bought just 18 months ago.

The source article is quite confusing as it says they're ready to move him on then quotes the manager as saying he doesn't want him to go.

Also find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be bigger clubs up here after him.

And finally unless we are planning to play him as a winger I can't see how he fits in.

Time will tell but I'll be very surprised if we see James Scott with the scarf aloft!

We where interested in him last month according to the scum, Dundee United, st johnstone and hearts also interested, so obviously he’s decided to come to the bigger club out the four 😏

Edited by mattman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

They are quoting £5M for left back josh doig then what price cool cat mcgraaaaa

You on the swally?

McGrath can sign a pre contract with someone at Christmas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Why would someone not inside Saints be in the loop? Ok i get that he is a bbc sports person so would get to know before us but if nothings been done/confirmed why should he know?

The facts is that Goodwin stated on TV that we were after an attacker who can play wide.

It would seem that the chances of that player being Scott or Middleton seem unlikely, if you believe Douglas McNeil, who has been fairly reliable in the past concerning Saints.

It just means that we can start renewed speculation on who it is.:)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I think we were priced out the move.

Hibs or Motherwell seems to be the chat for him now. 

I realise it’s all just speculation at the moment and I had no real view on the signing of this guy as I know the square root of eff all about him……BUT……It boils my pish when we are “price out of a move”, by teams like Motherwell. Hibs I can just about accept, but f**king Motherwell 😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I realise it’s all just speculation at the moment and I had no real view on the signing of this guy as I know the square root of eff all about him……BUT……It boils my pish when we are “price out of a move”, by teams like Motherwell. Hibs I can just about accept, but f**king Motherwell 😡

Motherwell have paid transfer fees for both Liam Kelly and Callum Slattery.

They have also spent £500K on ground improvements.

They've sold players, like Scott, for big transfer fees, and have plenty of money apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...