If we treat each other with respect

And more often wear a smile,

Remembering that this special dash

Might only last a little while.

So when your eulogy is being read

With your life's actions to rehash

Would you be proud of the things they say

About how you spent your dash?

Quality Ma man ! - He was a Special Person. with a special Face, someone We loved, and can never replace.sad.gif

I didn't want to post this until it was 100% and Mrs SFS approved.

The idea was respectfully ran past Derek's wife Maureen who also thinks it is a good idea.

On behalf of everyone on Blackandwhitearmy.com, my idea was to get my hands on Billy Mehmets top from the weekend and the top could be put on top of the coffin or whatever Maureen and family wish to do with it. The top Derek's fav player had on the day he passed away, the same day Billy scored a hat-trick.

I'm sure Derek would be happy with this.

Spoke to Billy today and has agreed to give his top (signed) to the family which is very touching, he was saddened by the news and asked for his condolences to be passed on.

Billy Mehmet, an absolute gentleman. notworthy.gif

Big Billy's No 9 Jersey on Derek's Work Station !

post-6979-12642730089274_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Feegie Saint

Lovely services, Great turn out, packed to the rafters, Lots of Saints fans in colours and many forum members, Goodbye SFS RIP Bud.

Agreed Gary. Fantastic turn out and a really simple and moving tribute to Derek.

Not ashamed to say I had a wee tear in my eye when they played Oh When The Saints.

RIP SFS. Gone but never forgotten.

Just in myself, agreed - it was a lovely an apt tribute to Derek, very moving and as others have said - a fantastic turnout, for a great guy. Loved both songs, a bit of Johnny Cash and I am sure everyone felt a tad emotional during, Oh when the Saints.

God bless Buddie, hope your having a good time at Love Street, in the sky :)

Just in myself, agreed - it was a lovely an apt tribute to Derek, very moving and as others have said - a fantastic turnout, for a great guy. Loved both songs, a bit of Johnny Cash and I am sure everyone felt a tad emotional during, Oh when the Saints.

God bless Buddie, hope your having a good time at Love Street, in the sky smile.gif

Everything said so far I could not agree more with, although I wish to apologise most sincerely to Maureen for accidently hitting that alarm on my scooter as I sat outside after the funeral.

May I also add my sincere thanks to Chic McLaughlin for his much needed help before,during and after the funeralwink.gif

It was indeed a fantastic turnout. Was really taken aback when leaving - didn't realise that some folk didn't even get into the building at all. Saw Tom Nicol from the PDE taking photos before the service, so I expect a feature will be in it at some point soon.

First humanist service I've been to as it happens - liked it. Couple of fitting tunes and good words as has been said.

RIP Derek - hope you've got a good view in Love St up there mate. :)

I dropped a mourner off at Woodside but unfortunatly couldn't stay.Had to be somewhere at 12:15pm.It was nice to see everybuddie gathered and loads walking up the hill as I drove down.

I hear The Crown Bar made a fortune between 11 and 11:30!!! :rolleyes: