Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Sorry but i don't agree. We need all the money we can get and like it or not Rangers are a money spinner.

As Shull put it so succinctly.... THEY ARE FECKIN' DEID! This sevco, newco bring the baggage of the deid club and if the followers of this deid club are true to their word there will be no massive influx of away supporters to boost our clubs coffers.

Given our league will include Sevco and Morton, is there anyone in it we do like? Apart from ourselves of course.

I question the last part as many a time few of us have NOT been enthralled by "ourselves". whistling.gif

Edited by stlucifer

As Shull put it so succinctly.... THEY ARE FECKIN' DEID! This sevco, newco bring the baggage of the deid club and if the followers of this deid club are true to their word there will be no massive influx of away supporters to boost our clubs coffers.

I question the last part as many a time few of us have NOT been enthralled by "ourselves". whistling.gif

As much as we'd like to believe that they are very much alive as we'll find out next season. This is our big Derby game as far as I'm concerned.

Even the jungle-jims I know say , they don't miss them one bit . .

That's what they say...

Yet their gates have fallen considerably without Rangers.

The rest of the clubs' gates have been fine.

Celtic rely on Rangers. Without Rangers there would be no meaning to Celtic and their gates would continue to fall and fall.

Before the 1960s, Celtic rarely featured in the top 3 of average gates in Scottish football. They even ranked 7th one season. Hearts & Hibs regularly had higher average gates.

I am without my stats at work but there is at least 1 season where Celtic weren't even one of the 2 best supported clubs in Glasgow...

Celtic only emerged as permanent members of the top 2 best supported clubs at the start of the 9 in a row era and when they won the European Cup. Even then, their average gates were not huge.

It was only the arrival of Fergus McCann and the big spending era that saw Celtic's gates go through the roof.

Without their rivalry with Rangers, I have no doubt that Celtic would fall back to the position they were in prior to the 9 in a row era or worse.

Edited by nosferatu

That's their fans

I'm talking about Liewell and his cohorts

Bigotry pays

Correct, Liewell knows the truth.

Celtic's business model is based on the exploitation of sectarianism.

They need Rangers totally.

Yet, as I mentioned above, Celtic fans say one thing but their reduced attendance at games tells another story...

That's what they say...

Yet their gates have fallen considerably without Rangers.

The rest of the clubs' gates have been fine.

Celtic rely on Rangers. Without Rangers there would be no meaning to Celtic and their gates would continue to fall and fall.

Before the 1960s, Celtic rarely featured in the top 3 of average gates in Scottish football. They even ranked 7th one season. Hearts & Hibs regularly had higher average gates.

I am without my stats at work but there is at least 1 season where Celtic weren't even one of the 2 best supported clubs in Glasgow...

Celtic only emerged as permanent members of the top 2 best supported clubs at the start of the 9 in a row era and when they won the European Cup. Even then, their average gates were not huge.

It was only the arrival of Fergus McCann and the big spending era that saw Celtic's gates go through the roof.

Without their rivalry with Rangers, I have no doubt that Celtic would fall back to the position they were in prior to the 9 in a row era or worse.

I'd hate to be in Celtic's position unsure.png

I don't think any right minded individual would want to be in the position of having anything to do with an organisation which owes its success to the exploitation of sectarianism and hatred.

Absolutely.... but then you knew i was talking about the football side of things. wink.png

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

I'm officially miserable then.

The link disnae work. What was it about?

A link tae the same thing that someBuddie's just added to the laugh at sevco thread.

(Not that I'm criticising shull, threadwise, but...

...that thread's almost a complete copy of this one... rolleyes.gif )

A link tae the same thing that someBuddie's just added to the laugh at sevco thread.

Well. In that case.........

At least mine worked!lol.gifthumbup2.gif

Aye he must be worried that someone is getting close to having started a million less threads than him.