Inverness Ct V St Mirren... 3/8/13

Lex

Reilly was poor.

McGowan anonymous.

Thompson too isolated.

Harkins too deep.

Grainger still looks off the boil.

Keeper had nothing to do all 1st half, then had a howler out of nowhere.

Best player Jim Goodwin.

2 weeks to get it sorted. Hope there is transfer activity very early next week.

Edited by NeilPar72

I don't profess to be an expert on all things St.Mirren. I am not privy to the club's

finances and what is spent on what, but compared to pre-Gilmour look at the changes at our club.

As for the reasons for downsizing the squad despite cup success...your guess is as good as mine.

....and that's the key point. Not only is the squad smaller, but its weaker too. All by design as opposed to mis fortune. Our squad didn't jump ship, they were pushed over board. It's this self destruction that's hard to take. (Especially watching those pushed performing successfully elsewhere)

DL is public facing and ultimately has to take responsibility. However I doubt he gone cap in hand asking for a reduced budget and smaller squad. He doesn't work alone.

Edited by Jumbo Whiffy

Really feel sorry for the guys heading back its a long journey with a result like that. We can't expect to win anything when you trim your squad 2 seasons in a row and not replace with quality. No one i speak to can believe we have started the season with 1 natural forward. We have a few weeks to the next game put Danny out his misery and get rid as with this squad and management we're going straight down.

Edited by stevenw05

Caley fans also said it was never a penalty or booking.

So Lennon should come out and say that and slate the refs performance, if this had happened to Inverness Butcher would be shouting his mouth off, as would most other managers. Referees know this and that's why we don't get any 50/50 decisions and they don't really care if they are giving bad decisions against us in my opinion.

So Lennon should come out and say that and slate the refs performance, if this had happened to Inverness Butcher would be shouting his mouth off, as would most other managers. Referees know this and that's why we don't get any 50/50 decisions and they don't really care if they are giving bad decisions against us in my opinion.

total bollocks.......we were rotten by all accounts

Sounds like we were beaten by more than a dodgy penalty. Well done to those who went today- long road back. Surely BoD will see now that we need to get players in quickly or this will be the story every week. What's worrying is the players didn't seem to be up for it.

Well that result was predicable wasn't it. Very depressing day for all bud. We had a poor pre-season and our summer transfer business didn't look good enough and so it proves on day 1. A defeat to Inverness in the Highlands isn't a disaster but the manner of the defeat and the way our squad looks is worrying.

Big month coming up, improvements needed and that is now clear for all to see.

So why has he nothing? Either were gubbed financially or he isn't trusted to spend it

If he isnt trusted to spend it,then dont let him limp on like a lame duck ,it would be public humiliation and we are better than that,but back the new manager otherwise sacking Lennon is pointless

Sounds like we were beaten by more than a dodgy penalty. Well done to those who went today- long road back. Surely BoD will see now that we need to get players in quickly or this will be the story every week. What's worrying is the players didn't seem to be up for it.

They arent up for it because they dont believe in danny, they think he is a stoater.

What's worrying is the players didn't seem to be up for it.

Very concerning..since we had the quote asking the players to give "every ounce of effort" we have had a hungrier Morton side and hungrier Queen of the South hit 4 against us and now a more up for it Inverness over running us...and they had to do the same kind of rebuilding job as us on a very similar budget.

Are too many happy to rest on their laurels as we saw last season when half of them chucked it after producing one of our games of a lifetime against Celtic in the Cup semi-final ?

Very concerning..since we had the quote asking the players to give "every ounce of effort" we have had a hungrier Morton side and hungrier Queen of the South hit 4 against us and now a more up for it Inverness over running us...and they had to do the same kind of rebuilding job as us on a very similar budget.

Are too many happy to rest on their laurels as we saw last season when half of them chucked it after producing one of our games of a lifetime against Celtic in the Cup semi-final ?

Or do they not have faith in the management and are demoralised after pre-season hammerings by D1 opposition.... All ifs and buts, only those closest to the club know but the rumours aren't good.

Lets have a look at this- first day of the season and we're speculating on the management and the squad strength. Says it all after a poor summer.

Well done to everyone who travelled north today, i wasn't one of them. This fixture looked like an accident waiting to happen.

I don't want us to be drawn into a debate about a dodgy refereeing decision when the problem is surely elsewhere and much more deep seated.

Today was the team's performance up to scratch ?

What is needed to fix it?

Will 1 or 2 loanees from Newcastle be enough to transform what we already have into the team we deserve ?

Would 2 loanees PLUS 1 or 2 experienced players added to the squad make it right ?

If not, the answer is that we require major surgery. Maybe SPS has been the voice of reason all along. The root of the problem may be more fundamental. Maybe Wee Clueless has to go now before the damage becomes too serious.

3-0 may turn out to be the result that turned our season round and set us on the right road.

I think everyone can see where our glaring deficiencies lie.

They should have been sorted by now, but they're not. I can't be arsed apportioning the blame for this to anyone. I can't even be arsed moaning about it either.

The manager has a couple of weeks to get it sorted. He will have to make a couple of key signings. I'm not convinced he'll make the right signings, but up until the end of the transfer window, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he doesn't, at some point over the next couple of months he will be sacked.