Inverness Ct V St Mirren... 3/8/13

Lex

The 0-0 at Hamilton was in the midweek between the 0-7 at Raith and the 4-0 over Dumbarton.

The pre-match warm up at Hamilton was best, with the players jogging from touchline to touchline as a group. Every time they got to the side where the Saints fans were standing, all hell broke loose, with Lex Baillie and co getting both barrels.

Just seen the goals.

Marking when we are defending is very poor.

We`re giving the opposition too much time and space and don't

close down well enough. Defenders getting in each others way.

Van Zanten penalty bit harsh but shouldn't have been in that position in

the first place. Cheesy should have attacked the ball as it was coming in to

the area. Is there no shouting going on!! Cornell too slow coming for

the pass back but was there a call, did he want it. Clear yur f--kin lines.

Anyway I`m not at the game maybe I`m wrong. We need a couple of strong

powerful kick ass defenders. Anyway early days!

Just seen the goals.

Marking when we are defending is very poor.

We`re giving the opposition too much time and space and don't

close down well enough. Defenders getting in each others way.

Van Zanten penalty bit harsh but shouldn't have been in that position in

the first place. Cheesy should have attacked the ball as it was coming in to

the area. Is there no shouting going on!! Cornell too slow coming for

the pass back but was there a call, did he want it. Clear yur f--kin lines.

Anyway I`m not at the game maybe I`m wrong. We need a couple of strong

powerful kick ass defenders. Anyway early days!

A bit sore on the eyeballs that, but that's one point i do agree with....

Two Plus points

Our weaknesses have been well and truly highlighted , and we now have two weeks to bring a couple of players in and sort them out.

Danny Grainger may prove to be an excellent signing , he is capable of putting a throw in onto the penalty spot , which hopefuly we will start to use effectively

Who give about hearts. Do you want to watch more of yesterday's crap or do you want your team to sign some good players to excite the fans and start winning games . When did we last thump a team like caley did to us

Were you there yesterday Norrie82?

Watched the highlights from yesterday, and to be honest, we were unlucky.

Played very well in the first half - although we look very weak down the wings.

Second half - Penalty was a joke. There was no way vanzy could of got out the way of it. Second goal was one massive f**k up - not keen on Grainger atm - he doesn't look interested at all. Can't blame Cornell, he should've never been put in that position in the first place. Third goal was slack defending - Cheesey should've got there.

If we hadn't lost the first goal - which appeared to demoralise the team - I think we would've been on for at least a point.

We need some sort of bounce-back-ability. Everyone's head seemed to drop after the first goal.

Ach well, in the past - need to move on and prepare for the next game. Onwards, and hopefully upwards!

Watched the highlights from yesterday, and to be honest, we were unlucky.

Played very well in the first half - although we look very weak down the wings.

Second half - Penalty was a joke. There was no way vanzy could of got out the way of it. Second goal was one massive f**k up - not keen on Grainger atm - he doesn't look interested at all. Can't blame Cornell, he should've never been put in that position in the first place. Third goal was slack defending - Cheesey should've got there.

If we hadn't lost the first goal - which appeared to demoralise the team - I think we would've been on for at least a point.

We need some sort of bounce-back-ability. Everyone's head seemed to drop after the first goal.

Ach well, in the past - need to move on and prepare for the next game. Onwards, and hopefully upwards!

I'm genuinely not having a go at you mate because I understand the points you're making, but personally, I'm sick of the 'if only' stories to explain away our defeats. If this, if that, if the other...the ref, a dodgy offside, a deflection, a keeper slipping, a short pass back... if, if, if!

We won 9 league games last season, before that we were the UKs lowest scoring senior side, we go on long runs at home without a win... This season, as things stand, the shortcomings of the squad are so clear that Stevie bleedin' Wonder can see the issues. The League Cup win showed what we CAN do, and it certainly showed that Danny CAN get it right. Tactically superb in the semi final, perfect substitutions in the latter stages of the final to settle it down.

Danny rightfully has a tank full of goodwill following the cup win. There's time to show us he isn't losing his grip, I do wonder though, and make no apologies for voicing my concern. Fingers crossed!

Edited by pozbaird

Two Plus points

Our weaknesses have been well and truly highlighted , and we now have two weeks to bring a couple of players in and sort them out.

Danny Grainger may prove to be an excellent signing , he is capable of putting a throw in onto the penalty spot , which hopefuly we will start to use effectively

Carey could also do the long throw but Danny never utilised it.

I'd rather not have to "celebrate" results every week where Heart of Midlothian F.C. has been beaten to be honest.

Me neither, but let's be honest and realistic, it's going to happen. We support St Mirren and whoever's playing Hearts this season. Sad, but true.

Just seen the highlights there. I thought the penalty was one at the time, but not as convinced after seeing the replay. It's one of those decisions that sometimes you get and sometimes you don't.

Can't really argue with the result though. Second half ICT were simply far better than us. They were better organised, better motivated and better technically. We fully deserved to lose the match and 3-0 was a fair scoreline.

Penalty? Clearly what Vanzy should have done was a two footed lunge - both feet off the ground and studs showing mind - then handballed it. Then it wouldn't have been a penalty, going by the Partick v Utd game. Absolute joke of a decision.

Don't care what anyone says, these decisions change games. Without the 1st goal, the 2nd straight from kick off wouldn't have happened and then the team wouldn't have thrown in the towel.

Anti-Lennon posters won't agree (and I'm slowly coming round to that position myself) but without that penalty decision, we could have gone on to win.

Edited by JP87

Without the 1st goal, the 2nd straight from kick off wouldn't have happened and then the team wouldn't have thrown in the towel.

Anti-Lennon posters won't agree (and I'm slowly coming round to that position myself) but without that penalty decision, we could have gone on to win.

Is this the most desperate post of the thread? lol.gif

Didn't you hear? It wasn't the penalty decision that cost us. It was the length of the pitch!

Is this the most desperate post of the thread? Posted Image

Didn't you hear? It wasn't the penalty decision that cost us. It was the length of the pitch!

Desperate why?

Going by radio commentary we had the best of the 1st half and hit the post shortly before half time.

We were hit by a terrible decision within a minute of the re-start which clearly affected how the rest of the game went.

Clearly DL was talking pish about grass and wind but the game was there for the taking until a terrible refereeing decision.

What followed from St Mirren players and management wad very poor but had it's roots in that penalty award.

Like everyone else I am gutted about yesterday but its over now. We apparently played ok in the first half and could have been ahead away from home in a fixture that doesnt usually give us a lot of joy. Thats a positive.

I honestly think we have some very good players in our first eleven that other clubs would be delighted to have. Another positive.

Our squad is light but with a few new faces and ironing out a formation that suits who we have I reckon we can push on this year.

We may not be happy with the way things are at the moment but Pat Fenlon was booed off the pitch by his home support today. I reckon Hibs supporters are more unhappy than we are with some justification. 4 Clubs got beat weekend so its not just us. We can get better as we have something solid to build on unlike Hearts for example. Its not all doom and gloom.

Hopefully the next two weeks will bring in the reinforcements we require :) KTF

Desperate why?

Going by radio commentary we had the best of the 1st half and hit the post shortly before half time.

We were hit by a terrible decision within a minute of the re-start which clearly affected how the rest of the game went.

Clearly DL was talking pish about grass and wind but the game was there for the taking until a terrible refereeing decision.

What followed from St Mirren players and management wad very poor but had it's roots in that penalty award.

What radio commentator says we had the best of the 1st half? I'd love to know what game he was watching. ICT had more possession and territory without creating a clear cut chance. We also failed to create a clear cut chance, but hit the outside of the post with a long range free kick.

So your logic is... If we hadn't conceded the first goal, we wouldn't have conceded the second, and if we hadn't conceded the second we definitely wouldn't have conceded the third, and if we hadn't conceded the third we might have created a chance, and if we had created a chance we might have scored, and if we scored we could have won the game.

You're seriously saying that's not desperate logic? We could go every loss since time immemorial using that logic and claiming we could have won!

The fact is we were well beaten by a team who were better organised and better motivated. If anything 3-0 flatters us.