Inverness Ct V St Mirren... 3/8/13

Lex

It has nothing to do with the Board. We've still got our club (end of the argument on that point).

Manager - I'm on the happy clapper side and one game does not make a season. However the whole lot comes down to two things for me: 5-6 games of the same and well that's life, time for a change but with a great deal of thanks for what has been done and only if there isn't a strong longterm plan for youth development in the background. Or if there is a longterm plan and the manager has been integral in that then weather the storm and let us all know that that is the case.

You,my good man,are a sad deluded joke .As much as Danny Lennon is not my cup of tea,as long as he is the manager then he deserves the full support and the financial backing of the board,it speaks volumes that as you say "5-6 games of the same and well thats life,time for a change" It is harsh in the extreme to call for a managers head while absolving the board of any blame,especially when the manager doesnt have a squad to compete in the first place

invested in the infrastructure of the club rather than the playing staff.

???? What the heck have we invested in at the expense of the main thing which is a team ?

Our wage bill is about 5 players down on last season and our income last year was boosted by hundreds of thousands of pounds thanks to an unbudgetted for Cup win.

Ach that's 3 down but look at our infrastructure....Jesus

You,my good man,are a sad deluded joke .As much as Danny Lennon is not my cup of tea,as long as he is the manager then he deserves the full support and the financial backing of the board,it speaks volumes that as you say "5-6 games of the same and well thats life,time for a change" It is harsh in the extreme to call for a managers head while absolving the board of any blame,especially when the manager doesnt have a squad to compete in the first place

I appreciate trying to give a balanced opinion is difficult on this forum, but selective use of what I've said is a bit low. I actually am a fan of Danny Lennon and as I've said he was a breath of fresh air when he took over. The crux of debate is as to why things have apparently gone stale?

For me if Danny has a master plan for 5-10 years as manager of St.Mirren with the youth academy, training facilities and improved community links to nurture young talent for the first team then I don't care if we scrape through this season by goal difference and a penalty shoot out in the playoffs if we come back stronger in a more sustainable fashion.

One game doesn't make a season, but are you honestly telling me that you and others for whom Danny isn't their 'cup of tea' that after 5-6 3-0 defeats there will not be calls for his replacement?

Even I concede that I there isn't a master plan in the background then this should be in the board's mind. As for them withholding cash from Danny? I don't know if that is true or not but spending beyond our means and a return to the reckless spending of the late 80s and early 90s is a non-starter.

My understanding is that the Board are running our club in a sustainable manner and as a result I find it hard to criticise them. I also find it hard to criticise Danny Lennon for what he has done at the club over the past few years. Your selective quote was a comment about a hypothetical position that I don't think we'll be in.

In summary thank you for your constructive comments.

???? What the heck have we invested in at the expense of the main thing which is a team ?

Our wage bill is about 5 players down on last season and our income last year was boosted by hundreds of thousands of pounds thanks to an unbudgetted for Cup win.

Ach that's 3 down but look at our infrastructure....Jesus

I don't profess to be an expert on all things St.Mirren. I am not privy to the club's

finances and what is spent on what, but compared to pre-Gilmour look at the changes at our club.

As for the reasons for downsizing the squad despite cup success...your guess is as good as mine.

I appreciate trying to give a balanced opinion is difficult on this forum, but selective use of what I've said is a bit low. I actually am a fan of Danny Lennon and as I've said he was a breath of fresh air when he took over. The crux of debate is as to why things have apparently gone stale?

For me if Danny has a master plan for 5-10 years as manager of St.Mirren with the youth academy, training facilities and improved community links to nurture young talent for the first team then I don't care if we scrape through this season by goal difference and a penalty shoot out in the playoffs if we come back stronger in a more sustainable fashion.

One game doesn't make a season, but are you honestly telling me that you and others for whom Danny isn't their 'cup of tea' that after 5-6 3-0 defeats there will not be calls for his replacement?

Even I concede that I there isn't a master plan in the background then this should be in the board's mind. As for them withholding cash from Danny? I don't know if that is true or not but spending beyond our means and a return to the reckless spending of the late 80s and early 90s is a non-starter.

My understanding is that the Board are running our club in a sustainable manner and as a result I find it hard to criticise them. I also find it hard to criticise Danny Lennon for what he has done at the club over the past few years. Your selective quote was a comment about a hypothetical position that I don't think we'll be in.

In summary thank you for your constructive comments.

Very well put if i may say.I was screaming blue murder all close season regarding our disgraceful lack of activity despite the added income of 600k give or take,all i am saying is people should take a deep breath before jumping on the lennon out bandwagon,he has NOTHING to work with