Gretna V Saints Updates

This forum is a disgrace.

Constructive criticism is a good thing but overall the forum is full of shit! Folk with no idea about football (maybe as they have never played the game at any level themselves or simply just don't get it) and folk who have nothing of any note to add but just abuse.

Some of you need a reality check... There are bigger clubs than us in lower divisions or worse situations than us.

A few folk need to take a reality check and get a grip!

Absolutely disgraceful some of the comments on here,

Indeed. I actually think DVZ links pretty well with Teale and contributes to the team. Still, this is a thread about St Mirren taking on a sub-Spartans set of students, milkmen, gas engineers and llama keepers.

Intae' thum'.

DVZ is a legend and he is in the hall of fame. We should remember that and give him some f**ken respect. This is not the way to speak about a man who has given his all for the club.

Well said Kendo, i totally agree.

I wasn't a big fan when he returned but he won me over and is a Saints Legend.

David van Zanten is a St. Mirren legend.

Yeah, at 31 he's probably not as good as he once was, but he's been a brilliant servant to the club over two spells and has certainly turned in more good performances than bad in both spells with us. He's been consistent over the piece, has never, ever been a wage thief or a mercenary (no-one really grudged him the chance of what was at the time, a step up to Hibs), has contributed greatly to numerous successful relegation battles, a league win and two cup wins, and has never shirked away or taken the huff when things aren't going his way. Through all the shite and nonsense of attitudes and mouthy f**kers who have played for us, he's never been a name which has come up as a trouble maker or a shit stirrer. I have nothing but respect for the guy.

Yeah, at 31 he's probably not as good as he once was, but he's been a brilliant servant to the club over two spells and has certainly turned in more good performances than bad in both spells with us. He's been consistent over the piece, has never, ever been a wage thief or a mercenary (no-one really grudged him the chance of what was at the time, a step up to Hibs), has contributed greatly to numerous successful relegation battles, a league win and two cup wins, and has never shirked away or taken the huff when things aren't going his way. Through all the shite and nonsense of attitudes and mouthy f**kers who have played for us, he's never been a name which has come up as a trouble maker or a shit stirrer. I have nothing but respect for the guy.

Spot on. The only point I'm making is I don't think he's good enough at this level anymore.

Superb post.

clap2.gif

Could be the making of him at right back drew, he can tackle, pass and has the stamina for it, he could suprise us.

He wont be the last player to find out that playing in another position might be the making of him, he's played right back a few times now and it would be brilliant for the lad if he became the natural successor to Vanzy.