Super Saints V Maryhill Magyars League 31/8/13

shull

It is important to beat the teams considered to be your rivals at home. Thistle will be our rivals so I assume we really can't afford to let them win and go 7clear

Norrie, I do understand the importance of winning home games and even at this time of the season this is a big game but don't you see that the terms you uses are, erm, bollox? lol.gif

Don't you see that post is nonsense?

Sure, we could do with the points, sure a draw isn't great, sure a loss is piss poor but it's not, at this stage of the season, a MUST WIN game, FFS. Posted Image

surely all games are a must win if you're to win the competition, I know a bit far fetched but we really should want our players going into every game thinking they must win it.

surely all games are a must win if you're to win the competition, I know a bit far fetched but we really should want our players going into every game thinking they must win it.

Sorry, I see your point on our players having the attitude they SHOULD win every game but the term MUST WIN would suggest if we don't there is an immediate effect, which after four games is far from the reality.

I suppose OF supporters see every game as must win, then they get all upset when they don't.

We are not the OF and, as such, reality is we need to win as many games as possible to stay in the top league.

Sorry, I see your point on our players having the attitude they SHOULD win every game but the term MUST WIN would suggest if we don't there is an immediate effect, which after four games is far from the reality.

I suppose OF supporters see every game as must win, then they get all upset when they don't.

We are not the OF and, as such, reality is we need to win as many games as possible to stay in the top league.

Who the fcuk posts at this time ?.....Only idiots I say

Edited by reborn saint

Really hard to call this game, however I think that the atmosphere should be good and I do expect the fans to get right behind the team as they fully understand how important it is. However if Thistle start well and get an early goal I can see our fans starting to get on the backs of the players. It is vital that the fans get behind the team and stay behind them if we are to get anything out the game.

We can win this but our confidence must be really low.

Got to agree with Kendo, the Thistle support will be well up for this and will be very noisy, so that should rouse the St Mirren crowd at the start of the game, but if things start going badly for us on the pitch the crowd will turn and its worrying how badly they will turn against the players and management.

Sounds like a cliche (but only said because it is true!) but the first goal will be important. If we go one down, as some others like Kendo have said, I fear a lot of the fans will get on the players' backs (bear in mind that a lot of people don't read forums and won't have seen the appeals for unity, either). If Saints score first, though, it could be a massive lift (mind, we did score first the other night!).

I am going to go for a 2-1 home win IF we play with two forwards (which we really ought to, unless we have brought Bahoken here to waste his time) with goals from Thommo and Harkins (who I think will play regardless of how well the midfield fits together) and a crowd of 5,213.

What I hope to see today is every player busting a gut for every ball, fighting in every 50/50 and coming out the victor. I believe we will see that today and we will win with the added input of our wonderful supporters!

COYS