Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

Danny Lennon will be forever a part of St.Mirren History. He historically won us the League Cup - and for that, I thank him.

But enough is enough.

His first season with us was disastrous. Stayed up by the skin of our teeth. The following season was the best I have seen in the top flight as a St.Mirren fan - as sad as it may be. He brought in the big guns and strengthened our extremely weak team. That season was only good for us, because we played players in their natural position, and had a spine of experience in the team - Samson - Mair - Goodwin - Thompson. IIRC, we went on a downwards slide from about february that year, and it feels like it we've been in it ever since!

1 League win in 2013 is shocking, and our League campaign last year was woeful - he could've been sacked on that alone. Messing around with players positions, and following that campaign, releasing players with out adequate cover is unforgivable. It's seriously costing us this yea - and he's the man who made that decision to release certain players.

The League Cup win has kept him in the job tbh, and he has been running on it since we won it.

Time to go Danny - thanks for everything - but your time is up.

Danny Lennon will be forever a part of St.Mirren History. He historically won us the League Cup - and for that, I thank him.

But enough is enough.

His first season with us was disastrous. Stayed up by the skin of our teeth. The following season was the best I have seen in the top flight as a St.Mirren fan - as sad as it may be. He brought in the big guns and strengthened our extremely weak team. That season was only good for us, because we played players in their natural position, and had a spine of experience in the team - Samson - Mair - Goodwin - Thompson. IIRC, we went on a downwards slide from about february that year, and it feels like it we've been in it ever since!

1 League win in 2013 is shocking, and our League campaign last year was woeful - he could've been sacked on that alone. Messing around with players positions, and following that campaign, releasing players with out adequate cover is unforgivable. It's seriously costing us this yea - and he's the man who made that decision to release certain players.

The League Cup win has kept him in the job tbh, and he has been running on it since we won it.

You could also argue that we've lost 5 of our last 15 league games. Hardly a sackable offence for a perennial bottom six side.

Danny Lennon is not the only person to blame for our recent results.

But enough is enough.

Maybe your board told him to release players before he could spend?

Ask them.

But enough is enough.

Agree with every word of that - a concise assessment of where we are.

No he wasn't and no he isn't.

Thanks for your hard work Danny, but its time this arrangement ended.

He absolutely, undoubtedly is.

In 50 years time, when we're all either gone or so old we don't know what day of the week it is, people, including ourselves, won't give two hoots about one league win in 2013, they will however, forever know and be able to fondly recall the manager's name who led us to our first major trophy in 26 years.

Regardless of what transpires in the coming days and weeks, Danny Lennon is, and forever will be a St. Mirren legend. The fact that any St. Mirren fan is attempting to dispute that is both ridiculous and slightly cringeworthy that they are so blinded by their disregard for the man.

All the people who go on (some even MOANING, FFS) about the cup win saving his job, you're f**king right it did. He won a national trophy, if anything deserved (and perhaps still does) a stay of execution, it was that.

This season's mediocrity, in years to come will blend into next season, the season after that etc, just as most of the early 2000s did and the mid-late 90s before that. 2012/13 will stay with us forever though. That doesn't happen very often.

Sometimes, things come to an end, and I think Danny's time with us is coming to an end just now. Perhaps it's not a bad thing not to stay too long and tarnish a reputation, I don't know. What I do know is though, that I salute the guy, regardless of what happens in the near future. He'll always be a legend in my eyes.

He should be a legend in EVERY Bud's eyes. Every single one of us.

He absolutely, undoubtedly is.

In 50 years time, when we're all either gone or so old we don't know what day of the week it is, people, including ourselves, won't give two hoots about one league win in 2013, they will however, forever know and be able to fondly recall the manager's name who led us to our first major trophy in 26 years.

Regardless of what transpires in the coming days and weeks, Danny Lennon is, and forever will be a St. Mirren legend. The fact that any St. Mirren fan is attempting to dispute that is both ridiculous and slightly cringeworthy that they are so blinded by their disregard for the man.

All the people who go on (some even MOANING, FFS) about the cup win saving his job, you're f**king right it did. He won a national trophy, if anything deserved (and perhaps still does) a stay of execution, it was that.

This season's mediocrity, in years to come will blend into next season, the season after that etc, just as most of the early 2000s did and the mid-late 90s before that. 2012/13 will stay with us forever though. That doesn't happen very often.

Sometimes, things come to an end, and I think Danny's time with us is coming to an end just now. Perhaps it's not a bad thing not to stay too long and tarnish a reputation, I don't know. What I do know is though, that I salute the guy, regardless of what happens in the near future. He'll always be a legend in my eyes.

He should be a legend in EVERY Bud's eyes. Every single one of us.

Legend police?

This is just another example of the term being overused.

Just in from Dumfries and although saints should have had this wrapped up in the second half they never took their chances. We scored then went to sleep. Cheesy sorry son you have improved but its been really poor from you this season. Kenny McLean I simply don't think merits a place in the team. Will play 3/4 excellent games a season but is a passenger at min. We can blame the manager all day and I am confused with his signings but the players let him down tonight. I can honestly say that we look so easy to beat. If you get ahead of us we seem to chuck it. Where's the spirit of Hamden v hearts where's the hunger to do well? Danny I actually feel sorry for tonight as I think there appears to be some problems behind the scenes. Why else would a manager be left with one striker? Is my point from early July true? Maybe the board are getting set to axe him? I would let him have September and see if he can turn this around. He at least deserves the chance after winning the cup last year. If we haven't improved by tynecastle on oct 5 th then maybe it is time

Some people seem to think Danny hasn't been backed with funds, this isn't true.

There's room for more players and he knows it.

If this is the case then he only has himself to blame. Football's a funny old game but at this point you just don't see us getting the result we need against Thistle.

But enough is enough.

1 League win in 2013 is shocking, and our League campaign last year was woeful - he could've been sacked on that alone. Messing around with players positions, and following that campaign, releasing players with out adequate cover is unforgivable. It's seriously costing us this yea - and he's the man who

made that decision to release certain players.

We won more than 1 league game!

Legend police?

This is just another example of the term being overused.

You need to catch a grip here, bud.

I explained exactly why he's a club legend. St. Mirren fans who aren't even born yet and wont be for a long time will recall his name in conjunction with the club. If that doesn't define a club legend, then I'd love to know what does.

Correct Danny deserves praise for winning the cup, without a doubt.

It doesn't excuse the work in this year's transfer market which has been awful in my view and he has failed to plug noticeable gaps, particularly up front and in left midfield. Even Grainger came in after pre-season had started. I also think releasing Guy before we had replacement strikers was a mistake.

I hope we get things sorted sooner rather than later.

Not much point in sacking Danny now. New person wouldn't be able to alter team til January anyway.

We'd be as well sticking with him until at least November and then re-assess the situation.

why wouldn't a new person be able to alter the team? The transfer window closing would affect our chances of loaning players but if we were going to sign anyone permanently they would be a free agent now as we wouldn't pay for anyone from another club. If they are free on Monday we'll still be able to sign them anyway would we not? similar to us signing Paddy Cregg that wee McClusky guy etc. There are often players released just before the window shuts to accommodate this, like the boy Mcquade we let go. I know none of these names fill anyone with confidence but I am just using them as examples of players moving outwith transfer window.

1 League win in 2013 is shocking, and our League campaign last year was woeful - he could've been sacked on that alone. M

We have won 3 league games in 2013.

In all competitions in 2013 we have played 25 games, winning 6, drawing 9 and losing 10.

We have won 3 league games in 2013.

In all competitions in 2013 we have played 25 games, winning 6, drawing 9 and losing 10.

Less than a 25% win record.

Since 9th feb we've had:

Won 3 drawn 8 lost 9, a 15% win ratio.

I don't want to jump on the 'sack danny' bandwagon, but that record is a long way from good enough.

I take it you're Mr Gilmour and have an inside knowledge of the workings of our club?

I remember the statement that DL had a larger budget for this season, if that was true why have all his targets refused to sign?

Does DL give out contracts?

No he does not.

Does the board sanction contracts/players demands?

Yes they do.

I can't quite put my finger on whose to blame for the lack of signings - can you?

... and then go out the cup at the first hurdle to part timers.

When did Queen of the South go part time? They were the only full time team in SFL 2 last season when they won the league and got promoted andIdon't think they went part-time over the summer. Last year in the cups Queen of the South beat Hibs, Rangers and Partick Thistle, that's 2 other teams in this year's SPL as well as the team with the 2nd biggest budget in Scottish football.

All of you people saying our league form isn't good enough.. Serious question, compared to what? Previous st mirren teams? If so, when? Because we've been pish for years and no swapping of the management is going to change that.

At least DL is bringing through youth and every so often we get a barca-ish performance, you cats need to realise when it's good

I just don't see the connection between these two statements. The first suggests that DL has in fact been backed with funds, but nowhere in the remainder of the post is that statement backed up with fact.

As for the second statement, there is indeed room for more players and I am positive that DL does indeed know that. However, since the first statement is, until further justified, pure conjecture, we don't know why DL hasn't signed the players we all want to see brought in.

As someone already said, on another thread, that there is something strange going on at the club. The BoD don't seem to be making any public statements - not even the usual, "the manager has our full support", which usually signifies an imminent demise - and DL is hardly likely to make open criticism of the Board while still in a job. We might never get to the bottom of this, but I do find it odd that we have made such minimalistic progress in bringing in players to augment the currently depleted squad. Especially given that DL has always brought far more players in during past season breaks.