Saturday. Kelly Or Grainger ?

div

Who should play left back v Hearts ?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm pretty sure Hearts didn't let him go. Did he not opt to leave, in order to try out his luck dahn saaf (that went well)? He's also English, is he not (certainly sounds it) so unlikely to be a massive Hearts fan.

Kelly to keep the spot for me. He has earned it, and Grainger needs a boot in the arse so he ups his game.

just quoting what I read here, posted in January on this very forum, must be true

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21207271

Ps I never said he was a fan just that he has a soft spot for them.

Edited by Hambud

just quoting what I read here, posted in January on this very forum, must be true

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21207271

Ps I never said he was a fan just that he has a soft spot for them.

It seems that the article you've posted suggests that he wasn't offered a new deal, though Sportsound interviewed him and it seemed that he declined a new deal. I then referred to the Hearts fan claim as someone else made it elsewhere, IIRC. It wasn't my intention to misrepresent what you were saying.

Edited by Drew

I always thought Granny Danger was a good player when he played against us but since arriving in Paisley, he hasn't impressed the same. Sean Kelly should most certainly get the start because the lad deserves it and it should also help to motivate Granny Danger, also Sean has the same name as one of the greatest cyclists that has ever lived. .

Sean Kelly had a great game on Monday night I thought, really looked the part and most buds I have spoken to agree that he put in a better performance than any we have seen from Grainger since he arrived at the club.

That said Grainger is obviously vastly more experienced and has shown in the past that he is a very good player.

He is also a big Jambos fan. Not sure if that counts for or against the idea of him playing on Saturday.

Anyway, it's a massive game, it's going to be a big call for the manager. Who would you go with, Kelly or Grainger ?

Cast your vote using the poll and post up your thoughts.

Div, don't you think you should show a third vote for those who didn't have a preference (ie those show made the click to see the voting)?

If Kelly is so good why did Lennon sign Grainger on a 2 year contract?

Dundee United have a 17 year at left back this season and he's just been called into the Scotland U21 side.

Why didn't Lennon save the cash on Grainger to sign a player for a different position which is more important, eg striker, centre half or even a right back?

Yet another example that highlights that he doesn't know what he's doing!

Yup, he's Engish and a Carlisle Utd fan, however he did post a pic of his son wearing a Hearts t-shirt on Twitter recently. Maybe reading into it too much right enough. I don't believe he would deliberately do anything to sabotage us but in this particular game, I thnk we need to minimise every risk. That, coupled with the fact that Kelly doesn't deserve to be dropped...

Grainger con firmed via radio and twitter that he is a Man Utd fan.

Kelly, Kelly, and if in doubt Kelly. Grainger has been terrible since he joined and seems to think he's too good to be here. A spell on the pine would do him good, automatically giving him his place back will merely reinforce his sense of entitlement.

Make him work to get back in the team.

Yup, he's Engish and a Carlisle Utd fan, however he did post a pic of his son wearing a Hearts t-shirt on Twitter recently. Maybe reading into it too much right enough. I don't believe he would deliberately do anything to sabotage us but in this particular game, I thnk we need to minimise every risk. That, coupled with the fact that Kelly doesn't deserve to be dropped...

He didn't post the picture mate, it was his wife and the picture wasn't a recent one.

I'd have no problem with playing him but I would select Kelly after his performance on Monday night.

Dundee United have a 17 year at left back this season and he's just been called into the Scotland U21 side.

Why didn't Lennon save the cash on Grainger to sign a player for a different position which is more important, eg striker, centre half or even a right back?

Really dont know if thats a troll bait or not. But ill bite. Got a highly experienced left back, only on a one year deal. Doesnt seem to be performing at the level we all know he can. A youth player gets a chance to prove himself and did that. Now suddenly danny should be psychic. We now have 2 decent players at left back, fantastic position to be in.

Really dont know if thats a troll bait or not. But ill bite. Got a highly experienced left back, only on a one year deal. Doesnt seem to be performing at the level we all know he can. A youth player gets a chance to prove himself and did that. Now suddenly danny should be psychic. We now have 2 decent players at left back, fantastic position to be in.

I agree.

Also. It may just be that Danny Grainger will "up his game" now that he has competition from young Sean. Fantastic position right enough.thumbup2.gif

I don't quite go with this Granger is shite thing. Clearly there is a player there but like all our players this season things just don't seem to be working for him and he's been involved in a good few errors that have lead to goals, If it had been cheesy or Vanzy making these errors the forum would have been going mental, We cut his some slack because he's new, not quite fit blah blah blah, but nothing has changed, A few reserve games did Vanzy no harm, now it's grangers turn,

One possible solution is to play him wide left where his more of a natural left footer than any one else in the club and should give a bit of dig

I don't quite go with this Granger is shite thing. Clearly there is a player there but like all our players this season things just don't seem to be working for him and he's been involved in a good few errors that have lead to goals, If it had been cheesy or Vanzy making these errors the forum would have been going mental, We cut his some slack because he's new, not quite fit blah blah blah, but nothing has changed, A few reserve games did Vanzy no harm, now it's grangers turn,

One possible solution is to play him wide left where his more of a natural left footer than any one else in the club and should give a bit of dig

Wouldn't say he's shite, but he's shown nothing for us.

So he shouldn't have gone for a left back, and should have instead went with a young player who hadn't played a game for us?

Are you drunk?

Any excuse to have a go at Danny it seems for some. It's really boring.

If Grainger is such a big Hearts fan, would he REALLY want to relegate them?

I know some will say " he's a professional etc. etc... but... would you help to get Saints relegated?

Anyway, Kelly played well and deserves to keep his place.

Make no mistake, if we win the game, hearts will go on down on an even bigger spiral than they are on now...

COYS!

Grainger would have to be mental to put some allegiance to Hearts ahead of the team he currently plays for.

He's English and a Man Utd. fan or something like that. I think has only played for Hearts for a couple of years so I just can't imagine he would let that affect his performance.

IIRC he was released by Hearts due to his injury and their impending financial meltdown. He decided to try his luck down South which is why we didn't go after him earlier but after they all realised he was rubbish he was forced to come back up here.

That being said, Kelly played well enough on Monday he should keep his place.

Can't see why he wouldn't start with Kelly, the lad played exceptionally well on Monday night against an experienced SPL winger. Changing it would be madness....cue a Danny tinkering moment.

That 'tinkering' potential is my concern.

Leave well alone, Danny, would be my thoughts on ths matter.

The only change that should be considered (and only considered, mind), is on the right side of the team. Bringing Teale back in from the start is clearly an option.