Saturday. Kelly Or Grainger ?

div

Who should play left back v Hearts ?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sean Kelly had a great game on Monday night I thought, really looked the part and most buds I have spoken to agree that he put in a better performance than any we have seen from Grainger since he arrived at the club.

That said Grainger is obviously vastly more experienced and has shown in the past that he is a very good player.

He is also a big Jambos fan. Not sure if that counts for or against the idea of him playing on Saturday.

Anyway, it's a massive game, it's going to be a big call for the manager. Who would you go with, Kelly or Grainger ?

Cast your vote using the poll and post up your thoughts.

I'll probably be in the minority here but I would go with Grainger. This is the one game I wouldn't put Sean into. Too much riding on it. for me Grainger would be choice.

How many times does a player come back and bite his old team on the erse?

Grainger is an accomplished left back who hasn't yet shown his best. What more motivation does he need to do so than a crunch game like this?

I see the merits of playing Grainger on Saturday as after all we are returning to Daniel's former club and such an occasion often has the effect of spurring players on to perform at the peak of the footballing ability that evolutionary laws provided them with.

However I thought young Kelly equipped himself well and he deserves to be picked on Saturday.

Also It would appear that Mr Grainger may have had some recent injury woes so a break may prove more beneficial in the slightly longer term.

It is the wish of I that Sean Kelly play on Saturday.

If Grainger is such a big Hearts fan, would he REALLY want to relegate them?

I know some will say " he's a professional etc. etc... but... would you help to get Saints relegated?

Anyway, Kelly played well and deserves to keep his place.

Make no mistake, if we win the game, hearts will go on down on an even bigger spiral than they are on now...

COYS!

I know some will say " he's a professional etc. etc... but... would you help to get Saints relegated?

Make no mistake, if we win the game, hearts will go on down on an even bigger spiral than they are on now...

COYS!

This.

Its difficult to choose, I felt wee Sean Kelly played a great game on Monday night, where as I am yet to see anything frm Grainger.

On performances so far this season it would be Kelly but if Grainger has a real burning desire to prove Hearts wrong for letting him go, I'm thinking that we see a "Jack Ross v Falkirk" type performance where he is galloping down the wing, first to every ball, pinging crosses and shots in to test their keeper at every given chance.

Grainger does seem to have a real soft spot for Hearts though he has to remember they let him go.

I think Grainger will know who he is up against and have a good idea of how to handle him so go with Danny.

I don't like not giving players my full support and Grainger was for me a potentialy good signing at the start of the season. But if the truth be told he's been a huge let down in all the games he's been involved in, he might just be going through a poor run of form but in all honesty Sean Kelly did a fantastic job on monday night and fully deserves to keep his place on sat.

Play the man in form, Kelly for me.

Its difficult to choose, I felt wee Sean Kelly played a great game on Monday night, where as I am yet to see anything frm Grainger.

On performances so far this season it would be Kelly but if Grainger has a real burning desire to prove Hearts wrong for letting him go, I'm thinking that we see a "Jack Ross v Falkirk" type performance where he is galloping down the wing, first to every ball, pinging crosses and shots in to test their keeper at every given chance.

Grainger does seem to have a real soft spot for Hearts though he has to remember they let him go.

I think Grainger will know who he is up against and have a good idea of how to handle him so go with Danny.

I'm pretty sure Hearts didn't let him go. Did he not opt to leave, in order to try out his luck dahn saaf (that went well)? He's also English, is he not (certainly sounds it) so unlikely to be a massive Hearts fan.

Kelly to keep the spot for me. He has earned it, and Grainger needs a boot in the arse so he ups his game.

Edited by Drew

Kelly. No question about it. Did really well on Monday, will have taken confidence from it and deserves to keep his place. Grainger can provide experience from the bench if required. He's not performed so far and can have no complaints if left out.

I'll be disappointed if Kelly loses his place.

I'm pretty sure Hearts didn't let him go. Did he not opt to leave, in order to try out his luck dahn saaf (that went well)? He's also English, is he not (certainly sounds it) so unlikely to be a massive Hearts fan.

Kelly to keep the spot for me. He has earned it, and Grainger needs a boot in the arse so he ups his game.

Yup, he's Engish and a Carlisle Utd fan, however he did post a pic of his son wearing a Hearts t-shirt on Twitter recently. Maybe reading into it too much right enough. I don't believe he would deliberately do anything to sabotage us but in this particular game, I thnk we need to minimise every risk. That, coupled with the fact that Kelly doesn't deserve to be dropped...

Happy with either to be honest, its the other side that worries me. Young Walker tore DVZ apart in the 3-0 game at their place last season, so I would prefer Caprice at RB.

Was talking about that exactly that this morning. Big decision to make there, I'm not one for chopping and changing especially after an all round decent performance on Monday but Walker vs Vanzy part 2 gives me the heebie jeebies !

Kelly for a couple of reasons - firstly and the most important, he played well on Monday, won his tackles and tried to pass the ball. We need to find some kind of consistency to our team and in particular the defence. Graingers performances have been poor and maybe he's been taking his place in the team for granted so far.

COYS!

Grainger hails from cumbria and is a carslile united fan.

I know he played with hearts but as a professional footballer it should not matter who you play!.

He has been poor all season kelly did very well against Aberdeen and deserves another run out.

A win against hearts our season looks completely different.

I like the way we went about the Aberdeen game when all the pressure was on we said we will be ok if we got all the basics right. We did and were unlucky not to get the win. Show the same attitude against hearts pack out the away end sing your head off get behind the team manager I think we can win!.