The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxw4UJ-CYAIztw_.jpg:large

Bitter Together supporters, nazi saluting in front of the cenotaph at George square. I hope they were the ones thinking about leaving our country come a yes vote. Scum to the core.

There are four people in that picture - so far as I can see - with their arms raised. They could be waving at their pals across the road, or they could be conducting a vote for all we know from that picture. Perhaps they are making an attempt at some sort of salute but if it is supposed to be a Nazi salute they're getting it horribly wrong. You see, when you perform a Nazi salute your right arm is supposed to be extended at roughly 45° and your hand should be at roughly just above eye level. The guy at the back of the photo has his arm straight in the air which would be a very strange version of a Nazi salute indeed. It is difficult to make out in the image but it even looks like one of those arms that is raised is a left arm. Lets face it though, it wouldn't be the first time that the Natsi campaign has attempted to misrepresent events with a photo.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I would laugh if you weren't so f'in stupid, try youtube and see all the videos. Oops forgot you don't know how that works.

So here's a few http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=george+square+nazi

Just remember to not slam the border door behind you when you leave tomorrow night.

I was commenting on the photo. The back two certainly don't look like they are doing a Nazi salute. I can't watch you tube at work so I'll have to take your word on it. After all you Natsis would be the experts on that particular salute

I would laugh if you weren't so f'in stupid, try youtube and see all the videos. Oops forgot you don't know how that works.

So here's a few http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=george+square+nazi

Just remember to not slam the border door behind you when you leave tomorrow night.

I was commenting on the photo. The back two certainly don't look like they are doing a Nazi salute. I can't watch you tube at work so I'll have to take your word on it. After all you Natsis would be the experts on that particular salute

Myself, my wife and my son, leaving now to vote (3 yeses) - A once in a lifetime chance to make the world a better place. C'mon Scotland.

I've enjoyed this thread and the highlight for me was Stu asking me to remember what Thatcher did for me - I remember well, thats the problem

Guest TPAFKATS

We, the voters of Scotland, hold our own sovereignty until 10pm tonight. After that, it resorts back to Westminster. If we vote no it stays there. Vote YES, the people are sovereign for the first time ever.

I'm sorry guys and gals, as an exile I should be watching quietly, but I can't even though my opinion is of no relevance. Having watched that video from George square it's a wonder any of them managed to hold their " No" cards the right way up. For the no campaign to say if you are in doubt just vote no is an insult to the intelligence of the people of Scotland. If people are undecided throughout the vociferous campaigning then that to me shows real reflection and consideration, people searching their conscience to do the right thing as they see it, which might still mean the won't vote which is their choice. Observing closely both campaigns it's only natural that the yes campaign is more strident in their methods as any group pushing for change usually is. Humans by nature find change difficult if it is foisted on them by someone else and the tendency is to grip tighter to what one knows, even if it is proving to be dysfunctional.