Wrong Attitude

Kendo

Lex,

What known attitude issues does Harkins have? What's your source? You seem to know him extremely well and have been on his case since the day he signed. He has been, and still is (with the exception of our club) a regular starter for every manager he's played for and all of them speak highly of him - including Mr Lennon - 'never a problem' 'great about the place'. Personally I find the list of players with 'the wrong attitude' quite worrying as most of these players continue to show their worth in other places.

He's had attitude problems throughout his career.

Fell out with Kenny Shiels at Kilmarnock, fell out with several of his clubs in England.

He's clearly a very talented player. If he had the right attitude or he could be arsed then he would have had a far better career than he has had.

As it is, he's never consistently performed at a higher level than the Scottish second tier. The reason for this is his bad attitude.

Do you know the details of the fall out with Mr Shields? Which clubs in England did he fall out with? You conveniently ignored my comments about the managers he's worked with in Scotland - Ian McCall, Jocky Scott, John Brown, Kenny Shields and Barry Smith. You would think from your posts Harkins was solely to blame for all the ills at the club. Can I remind you - although you being the oracle are unlikely to need reminding - that the team had not been winning nor playing attractive football since Christmas 2012.

Oaksoft. Good post but we are all fans with varying views. We have effectively lost six players none of whom were first picks so we are going in the right direction. We have added four if you include Kello. I await other developments.

Nobody is criticising anyone for having varying views.

Most of us are watching what has happened this season with more than a little amount of worry.

However, there's a difference between holding a view (and indeed voicing it) and posting some of the stuff we've seen on this thread and many others and also stuff heard at games.

Too many people are clearly tying in their own sense of self worth with the performance of our team and when they perform badly they feel it reflects on them personally. We also have several posters making comments about McAusland's family which is completely out of order and another couple of folk slaughtering Longmuir because he released their own sons from the U-19 squads which is also unnacceptable. That's where a lot of the vitriol comes from. Add to that, the constant barrage of negativity and criticism going back nearly a year from a handful of posters banging on about previous managers. It's that which I'm talking about - not people with different opinions - but those who think their opinion is the only game in town.

Overspending on players and wages almost crippled us and put us under once before, maybe folk would be more happy at parkhead where they spend £1m on a player or at ibrox where they certainly aren't scared to continue spending money they clearly don't have!

People talk about ambition, I remember we were one goal away from the second division still reeling from shelling out on Victor and Archibald, we had to sell our stadium to survive that, we won't be able to do that again anytime soon.

Get a grip and stop getting caught up in the sky sports-manufactured hype of deadline day, Oaksoft is right - folk are looking at clubs round about us thinking we should be copying them when it's them that should be taking a leaf out of our book.

The best signings we have made in the last couple of seasons have come from the St Mirren youth team!

I don't think anyone expects or wants us to spend money we don't have but the number of players we have payed off since last summer seems excessive and has contributed to us having a threadbare bench. What other clubs are doing is irrelevant it's really just noise to distract from the mess Lennon has made during the last two transfer windows

Oh and let's not kid ourselves when we eventually sign a replacement CH for Mair that he's the one we wanted all along.

Anyone else noticed its all the attacking players with a bit of flair that end up leaving whilst the defensive minded players are there for the long haul?

Could there be a bit of a divide or clique in our squad where the likes of Goodwin, mccausland, van zanten etc hold some sort of power over the forward thinking players and therefore players like Carey, imrie, Harkins, guy etc have not felt comfortable playing with us. Just a thought! Guy actually said it was the worst time of his career!

Also the fact we never sign defenders might be down to this "power" held by the current defenders, one of which has a dad involved with our club.

That's one hell of an assumption

Remeber Ricky Guy, the player who got hooked after coming on as sub?

The only 'power' defensive and midfield players have over more attacking players is the ability to see them and make passes to them when they are in space. I think it's quite obvious which of our attacking players has the 'power' over our more defensive minded players - but is it for the good of our team?

Something tells me Lennon has more faces than the town clock. He knows his days are numbered so he's taking the club down with him, the board are as much to blame though for letting it get this far.

Something tells me you're a bit of a drama queen who loves the soaps, and has an overactive imagination.

Why are so many players wanting to leave and saying things like "it's night and day at my new club" "I'm just looking forward to being happy again" "I want to thank 95% of the people at st mirren!"

What on earth is going on down there to make so many people unhappy to play for st mirren??

It's seems that Lennon isn't capable of managing personalities.

Regardless of ability, if you don't get on with him, or bow down to him, then you won't feature in his plans and will eventually be ousted. The story from Mair was that he basically just stopped communicating. sounds like he just goes in the huff. A basic function of any manager, football or otherwise, is to get the best out of those in your team, regardless of whether you actually like them or not.

Couple this with being poorly connected and you have one piss poor manager.

Regardless of ability, if you don't get on with him, or bow down to him, then you won't feature in his plans and will eventually be ousted. The story from Mair was that he basically just stopped communicating. sounds like he just goes in the huff. A basic function of any manager, football or otherwise, is to get the best out of those in your team, regardless of whether you actually like them or not.

Poorly connected? blink.png

Connected and could communicate enough to get a diddy team to win a national trophy.

Christ, there are some amount of assumptions being made right now.

Edited by faraway saint

Spoken like a man who sounds very much like he's never managed anyone.

You've not managed until you've had to deal with a disruptive twat who is hell bent on deliberately undermining you.

I think it's fair to say Danny has probably had his share of those.

I can't think of a single thing in your post which isn't made up fantasy.

Do you actually have any factual basis for what you've said?

Spoken like a man who sounds very much like he's never managed anyone.

You've not managed until you've had to deal with a disruptive twat who is hell bent on deliberately undermining you.

I think it's fair to say Danny has probably had his share of those.

I can't think of a single thing in your post which isn't made up fantasy.

Do you actually have any factual basis for what you've said?

A disruptive twat then fine, get them out, but look at the list.

If Danny's had more than his fair share of these then perhaps he should consider this before he signs them and then realises he's not capable of managing them.

but look at the list.

Tedious Tom's "list" had loads of players on it who left when their contracts were up, loads of players who had reached their sell by date at SPL level too. Just because a player left the club it doesn't mean they fell out with Danny Lennon or if there was unhappiness among some players that Danny Lennon was wrong to show them the door. Very few players on Tedious Tom's list play at SPL level now.

While DL's transfer dealings have been very hit and miss it is at least more varied than his predecessor's policy: get one loan player each from Celtic and Rangers U20 teams and see which journeymen 30-somethings have gone out of contract at Falkirk / Dunfermline / Kilmarnock / Dundee or ICT.