Wrong Attitude

Kendo

While DL's transfer dealings have been very hit and miss it is at least more varied than his predecessor's policy: get one loan player each from Celtic and Rangers U20 teams and see which journeymen 30-somethings have gone out of contract at Falkirk / Dunfermline / Kilmarnock / Dundee or ICT.

He's been the manager for long enough now. Why is there any need to compare him to his predecessor? That's just a smokescreen and IMO is an attempt to deflect attention away from a shocking record,

A disruptive twat then fine, get them out, but look at the list.

If Danny's had more than his fair share of these then perhaps he should consider this before he signs them and then realises he's not capable of managing them.

I'm not disagreeing with you that there's clearly something odd going on.

I'm only taking issue with people jumping to conclusions about what has happened through nothing more than pure speculation.

I'm certain Danny will have to explain to the board WTF has happened with the summer signings.

I'm only taking issue with people jumping to conclusions about what has happened through nothing more than pure speculation.

I'm certain Danny will have to explain to the board WTF has happened with the summer signings.

No need to explain , they've aw gone :P

I wasn't reaching a conclusion, or making a statement of fact. I was just giving my opinion (that's why I started with "it seems"). I think speculation is all anyone has.

I did have a conversation with Lee Mair during the period he was on our books but not playing. That was how he explained his situation at the time.

True to form though; I make a comment about Danny being poorly connected and less than 24 hours later up pops Djemba Djemba!

I wasn't reaching a conclusion, or making a statement of fact. I was just giving my opinion (that's why I started with "it seems"). I think speculation is all anyone has.

I did have a conversation with Lee Mair during the period he was on our books but not playing. That was how he explained his situation at the time.

True to form though; I make a comment about Danny being poorly connected and less than 24 hours later up pops Djemba Djemba!

lol.gif Yup. To be fair I'm not sure there's a person on this forum who could have predicted that one.

I would add BTW that a 31 year old like Mair shouldn't need to be "managed".

If he genuinely said that as you've quoted it then that's a bit of the undesirable twattery I was talking about above.

If Mair told you this then he's probably telling everyone else which means it has almost certainly reached Danny's ears. Under those circumstances I'm not surprised Danny stopped communicating.

Guys like Mair really struggle sometimes to understand things form other people's perspectives.

It's cost him his job here and if Partick go down it'll have cost him his SPL career as well.

Shame.

Edited by oaksoft

On the attitude of the players, there is one thing that has always puzzled me about St Mirren over the years.

These guys are professional athletes. I can stomach getting beaten, more often than not, by bigger clubs than us. More paying fans means more money to buy 'better' players, but these guys will all train for the same amount of time during the week so they should all be at the same level of fitness.

Technically the opponents shoutd be more gifted than us, as we are a wee club with less money. There is NO excuse for any team to be fitter than us. The boys get a good wage and will be up to their necks in jacky danny every night of the week if they want to be. Even the ginger ones. They all should be LOVING the lifestyle. All they have to do is maintain the levels of fitness of a professional sportsman.

I would love to spend all day training with my pals.

No team in the country should be fitter than us. I can't honestly say that's the case.

Why?

apparently we dont work on fitness according to a former player

Really?

To the extent that it completely wrecks working life for me and everyone else in the office?

To the extent that it destroys the company's performance and risks it's future?

To the extent that it costs me my job?

I don't think so.

Don't confuse forum life with real life.

Edited by oaksoft

Got to be honest I've never seen anything like this before at our club or any other club.

Would love to know what happened.

Hopefully that's the end of the trouble now though.

When billy Reid was in charge of Hamilton he would sign player and then they would be off. It's like Danny decided this season he would take ratface's approach.

Stephan Bahookie, if there was ever a player with the wrong attitude it is him. The gift that keeps on giving, what a complete and utter waste of a wage.

Have patience Jaked One.

He'll come good.

There was good signs in his earlier performances.