Lennon Out

I don't think it's clownish to suggest that Lennon's squad management this season came back to bite him today, I'll give you two examples.................

• Djemba Djemba - Lennon's defensive addition to the squad still doesn't look match fit, was looking more & more off the pace before giving away the penalty. Haven't seen the TV so maybe he was a bit unlucky but being subbed 5 minutes later pretty much says it all to me.
  • Thompson - it really is an indictment of Lennon's management this season that he's played a 35-y-o striker in every game with only about 30 minutes off the park and just about all of it as a lone striker and again Thommo was looking more knackered & less likely to score as the game went on but there was no alternative

I was indicating, stay with me here, that's todays performance and result on its own, is no reason to sack Lennon.

Todays team was, most agreed, as good as we have. The performance was, as I seen it, poor going forward and more than decent at the back, something we can rarely have said this season.

Djemba was one of the few players who controlled the ball and passed to his own team. Sure he's lacking match fitness but there were others plenty worse.

Possibly a sign of his lack of match fitness was him jumping in today, for the booking and for the penalty. I think he'll improve and be an asset in the games to come.

This "Thompson is tired" line is being thrown around all over the place. I seen no signs of tiredness last week or this. At the end of both games he wasn't looking any more tired that many of the other players, I watched him closely last week at Dundee.

Another purely subjective comment, really means nothing and used as a negative.

Leave Danny be.

leave him be perhaps but please for gods sake can we get a decent sports shrink in there, there is no fight, no real direction. It is odd because we have some seriously good players, certainly better than anyone else in the bottom 6 other than Killie perhaps. Basically it has to be down to DL's lack of ability to motivate the team. Watching today from the stand was sad, the guys out there are good, they just don't have the spark that someone else could give. Danny has lost his mojo and we are going down with him I'm afraid.

I would sack him now.

I've been in the fence but I think we need change to try and drive us out of the play off scrap.

I wouldn't be looking for a long term replacement to come in right now but just someone to change it up and have some sort if impact on the players until the end of the season and see where it takes us. Hopefully not down.

I'd be tempted to place Thommo & Teale in charge til the end of the season but I know Thommo isn't keen on being a player manager.

DL's contract is up at the end of the season so it wouldn't exactly cost much.

The timing is key and I believe now is the time. We have a few away games coming up starting with County away and what a time to get a positive reaction from the players towards new management.

County away, Killie at home. We need to win both.

3 points on Saturday would be amazing but I can't see where this would come from and how DL & TC could achieve this.

Edited by davidg

I would sack him now. I've been in the fence but I think we need change to try and drive us out of the play off scrap.

I wouldn't be looking for a long term replacement to come in right now but just someone to change it up and have some sort if impact on the players until the end of the season and see where it takes us. Hopefully not down.

I'd be tempted to place Thommo & Teale in charge til the end of the season but I know Thommo isn't keen on being a player manager.

I believe now is the time, we have a run of away games coming up starting with County away and what a time to get a positive reaction from the players towards new management.

3 points on Satutday would be amazing but I can't see where this would come from and how DL & TC could achieve this.

Not sure I agree with the short term bit but I do think enough is enough is enough.

Not sure I agree with the short term bit but I do think enough is enough is enough.

If it turns out a long term gig then great. But short term is the main objective right now.

Look at Sherwood, there's no way he was appointed with long term in mind but if it turns out that way then great. It means he's doing well.

Edited by davidg

I would sack him now.

I've been in the fence but I think we need change to try and drive us out of the play off scrap.

I believe now is the time, we have a few away games coming up starting with County away and what a time to get a positive reaction from the players towards new management.

County away, Killie at home. We need to win both.

3 points on Saturday would be amazing but I can't see where this would come from and how DL & TC could achieve this.

Well said and well argued point. Short term anyone would do, bottom line is he/she (seriously why not- is that England ladies manager not free?) going to do any worse? I hate having to feel I need to justify myself on here, DL is obviously a nice guy but a good man manager in times of need (now) he isn't.

Well said and well argued point. Short term anyone would do, bottom line is he/she (seriously why not- is that England ladies manager not free?) going to do any worse? I hate having to feel I need to justify myself on here, DL is obviously a nice guy but a good man manager in times of need (now) he isn't.

(Craig Charles)

If it turns out a long term gig then great. But shirt term is the main objective right now.

Look at Sherwood, there's no way he was appointed with long term in mind but if it turns out that way then great. It means he's doing well.

Look at Fulham.

Said before, it's a gamble.

I'm well aware were in a rut, we were in a rut at the start end of September when we went on a run of only losing one game in ten.

We're in a better position now with the additions to the squad.

Not sure I'd take the gamble but understand people who have been borderline getting nervous.

I'm discounting the knickerwetters who have been greeting since the end of last season, they don't count.

Look at Fulham.

Said before, it's a gamble.

Yes but that was a stupid appointment, wrong type of person to get them out of the hole, same with Cardiff.

Swansea, Spurs and Sunderland all have seen the benefits of appointing the right type of person in the short term.

I agree get Lennon out now no one in the StMirren dressing room has any respect for him.It was he who agreed to bring the Hearts league game forward even though he knew that his players had booked and paid for a trip to Dublin.. He didn't have the balls to tell them and they found out from the papers and had to cancel and lost their dough - excellent tactics on how to demotivated your troops and it is evident on the pitch they are not playing for him. We have better players than the teams around us but they are fed up with Lennon. So., I agree let him go and put the senior players in charge of the team - what do we have to lose???

Yes but that was a stupid appointment, wrong type of person to get them out of the hole, same with Cardiff.

Swansea, Spurs and Sunderland all have seen the benefits of appointing the right type of person in the short term.

Easy to say in hindsight.

Done with the best of intentions and we don't have the luxury to attract anyone with any real experience.

As I said, a gamble, always is.

I agree get Lennon out now no one in the StMirren dressing room has any respect for him.It was he who agreed to bring the Hearts league game forward even though he knew that his players had booked and paid for a trip to Dublin.. He didn't have the balls to tell them and they found out from the papers and had to cancel and lost their dough - excellent tactics on how to demotivated your troops and it is evident on the pitch they are not playing for him. We have better players than the teams around us but they are fed up with Lennon. So., I agree let him go and put the senior players in charge of the team - what do we have to lose???

Correct but it won't happen sadly for the team