Lennon Out

We're just ambling along from game to game now , nothing's really going to change , certainly nothing Danny contributes to. We've just got to hope for the best , hope we can nick a few victories, and pray that Thistle are worse than us in the run in .

Only a clown would blame Lennon for today......................anybody?

Losing by 1 goal to Celtic (21 points clear ) Dundee utd away in Cup by a goal & by 1 goal against an in form Aberdeen is disappointing but not a disgrace.

The even more disappointing thing is we could of easily taken something from each of these games.

Its not Lennon out for me.

Losing by 1 goal to Celtic (21 points clear ) Dundee utd away in Cup by a goal & by 1 goal against an in form Aberdeen is disappointing but not a disgrace.

The even more disappointing thing is we could of easily taken something from each of these games.

Agreed but, quite rightly, the damage was down when we only drew with Thistle and lost to Hearts

I's have hoped for 4 points and we got 1.

One shot at goal, another defeat, no change. The recent signings, Wylde did nothing, djemba slow and gave away a penalty, Magennis previously cup tied and today ineligible, Campbell invisible. Have given up going I'm afraid, it's all so predictable, you just know that when we go behind all is lost.

Cannot get relegated automatically and it's fingers crossed we win the play-off. That's about as much as we can hope for with Lennon on charge.

We offered next to nothing in any of these games. You must have been watching through rose coloured spectacles !

I'm afraid Danny has to go. Today was amongst the worst I have watched in a long time. Back to front is not the way forward and misses out our best player young mcginn. Brainless.

Too many players playing out of position on a regular basis - I made it 4 today at least. Newton has been all season. Plays brilliant last year in a central role - why not keep him there. Better player than Goodwin.

Also every week his team selection is up for debate. Why not campbell off thommo today. With his pace it's a much better option if you are going to punt it back to front all day.

Also, a club of our resources can't keep making mistakes in the transfer market. Danny does consistently.

Edited by fjrobertson87

What are you watching?

We offered next to nothing in any of these games. You must have been watching through rose coloured spectacles !

The thing that really gets to me is the lack of passion - from anyone. When was the last time a Saints player or manager showed some emotion? Probably Steven Thompson in celebrating the second goal against Hearts in the cup final. Since then - and even before then - we've shown next to no desire or passion to win football games and take St Mirren to the highest level we can go.

That's not necessarily a criticism of the players because as an employee, you have to be given an incentive to go out and produce the best you can with passion and desire. We have some very good players in our squad and they're playing at a level which is far from their best.

I would run through brick walls covered in fire and smashed glass for St Mirren. Our players need to be insipid to that level. They're so far off it right now and we need someone to change that. They don't necessarily have to know the club, but they have to know what it means to pay for a football club and what it means to the fans - the people who keep that football club going.

Danny Lennon isn't that man. I don't know who is, but it's about time the board found him. I'm not asking for the world, simply for my team to actually have a go at winning football matches and giving their all in doing it.

After keeping quiet on the subject for a whie, I think Lennon has to go. The board have to sit down and work out some sort of early redundancy package, the worst thing that can happen here is ignore contract extension talks while Lennon bumbles his way through keeping us in the league. Things got a bit ugly at Dundee United when Peter Houston knew he was leaving at the end of the season and that can't happen at St Mirren.

We've missed out on Hartley and I genuinely can't think of who is good enough to come in. I think the board have done as much as they can up until now, but they have to act to get someone in to lift this side. The saving grace for Lennon is that he's built a very good side (for the most part) but doesn't know how to maximise their potential or know how to change things around.

I so wanted him to succeed, he's a terrific guy who has arguably done more to encourage the Paisley public to support the club since Fergie. But much like towards the end of Gus' tenure, things have gotten stale and we need a new direction. Four years is more than enough time for a young manager to prove himself, and sadly Danny has run out of time.

How anyone could pay their £20 for that today and not feel they have been short changed is beyond me.

Aberdeen were way below par today and we were awful.

Nowhere near good enough.

Only a clown would blame Lennon for today......................anybody?

I don't think it's clownish to suggest that Lennon's squad management this season came back to bite him today, I'll give you two examples.................

• Djemba Djemba - Lennon's defensive addition to the squad still doesn't look match fit, was looking more & more off the pace before giving away the penalty. Haven't seen the TV so maybe he was a bit unlucky but being subbed 5 minutes later pretty much says it all to me.
  • Thompson - it really is an indictment of Lennon's management this season that he's played a 35-y-o striker in every game with only about 30 minutes off the park and just about all of it as a lone striker and again Thommo was looking more knackered & less likely to score as the game went on but there was no alternative

The disgrace is our current run.

The thing that really gets to me is the lack of passion - from anyone. When was the last time a Saints player or manager showed some emotion? Probably Steven Thompson in celebrating the second goal against Hearts in the cup final. Since then - and even before then - we've shown next to no desire or passion to win football games and take St Mirren to the highest level we can go.

That's not necessarily a criticism of the players because as an employee, you have to be given an incentive to go out and produce the best you can with passion and desire. We have some very good players in our squad and they're playing at a level which is far from their best.

I would run through brick walls covered in fire and smashed glass for St Mirren. Our players need to be insipid to that level. They're so far off it right now and we need someone to change that. They don't necessarily have to know the club, but they have to know what it means to pay for a football club and what it means to the fans - the people who keep that football club going.

Danny Lennon isn't that man. I don't know who is, but it's about time the board found him. I'm not asking for the world, simply for my team to actually have a go at winning football matches and giving their all in doing it.

The incentive is that they are paid a decent wage to kick a ball. Self motivation is something any player should have and not relying on someone else having to motivate you. Our team is simply ordinary with no cutting edge. I agree better tactics and playing players in their best position helps but we have been a poor side for the last 2 seasons. The cup Win was superb but hides the fact we are no more than average with a number of talented youngsters and experienced pros coming to the end of their careers.