Lennon Out

I agree get Lennon out now no one in the StMirren dressing room has any respect for him.It was he who agreed to bring the Hearts league game forward even though he knew that his players had booked and paid for a trip to Dublin.. He didn't have the balls to tell them and they found out from the papers and had to cancel and lost their dough - excellent tactics on how to demotivated your troops and it is evident on the pitch they are not playing for him. We have better players than the teams around us but they are fed up with Lennon. So., I agree let him go and put the senior players in charge of the team - what do we have to lose???

I agree. We lose every week as it is, so can it get any worse by binning wee clueless? At least a change would bring a bit of freshness, some hunger from the players to prove themselves etc. All I've been crying out for this season is a bit of heart/fight/desire but all we get served up with is, as you say, a bunch of unmotivated individuals with no confidence. Something needs to change however, as everyone else has said, our tight arse board don't want to jeopardise their pension fund.

It is odd because we have some seriously good players, certainly better than anyone else in the bottom 6 other than Killie perhaps. Basically it has to be down to DL's lack of ability to motivate the team. Watching today from the stand was sad, the guys out there are good, they just don't have the spark that someone else could give. Danny has lost his mojo and we are going down with him I'm afraid.

We have the best squad in the bottom 6 apart from Killie? Seriously?

I'm not knocking the players I'm about to list but I think it is doubtful if any of them would get a game at a top 6 side:

Dillo, Naismith, DVZ, McGregor, McAusland, Goodwin, Kelly, Djembe Djembe, McGowan, Newton, Campbell, Wylde, Magennis, Bahokken, Reilly.

I think out of our squad we have a handful of players that are good enough to get a regular game at a top 6 side (and even then probably the smaller clubs in the top 6 [iCT or St Johnstone]):

Kello, McGinn, McLean, Teale, Thompson and Teale and Thompson's age is making it unlikely they would be seen as regulars in a top 6 side

Probably our two best transfers this year are players who couldn't get a game in a top 6 Aberdeen side (Wylde and Magennis).

What makes you think our squad is any stronger than 7th placed Hibs? Don't forget that we now have to contend with a much stronger Lee Mair-inspired Partick Thistle!

I think the majority of our squad are just about average bottom 6 SPL quality players, and we have a few like Goodwin and McGowan who are in the average bracket but who occasionally (in the last 2 seasons) can be brilliant but are usually just bordering on mediocre.

I agree get Lennon out now no one in the StMirren dressing room has any respect for him.It was he who agreed to bring the Hearts league game forward even though he knew that his players had booked and paid for a trip to Dublin.. He didn't have the balls to tell them and they found out from the papers and had to cancel and lost their dough - excellent tactics on how to demotivated your troops and it is evident on the pitch they are not playing for him. We have better players than the teams around us but they are fed up with Lennon. So., I agree let him go and put the senior players in charge of the team - what do we have to lose???

Just one question. How do you evidence that the players have no respect for him in the dressing room? I am not saying you are wrong but I also have no idea what the players think of Danny as I am not in that dressing room nor do I have any contact with someone at the club willing to spill the beans to someone who they do not know on the outside of the dressing room. Personally speaking, if players are/were unhappy with his tactics etc then they should grow a pair and resolve the issue internally and move on. I personally feel that we are simply not as good as some think we are and allied to some strange decision and tactics by the manager simply make things worse.

Edited by nedflanders123

we're already shafted can't be that big a gamble. Worst case we get someone to motivate us for the playoffs

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Really? Fcuk me, the league must be wrong then as it says we're sitting 9th?

That attitude is not what the team need, I'm sure it translates to the players IMMEDIATLY anything goes wrong, especially at home.

Have to say, and it was mentioned to me while I was there, at Dundee last week the support were superb and it's not like that at home very often.

There's an immediate reaction, been mentioned on here numerous time, the morons cant wait to pick on a player or the manager.

Never mind just hope we pick ourselves up, I'm sure the forum members who were very quiet during October & November will reduce the post count.

Genuine questions to all proposing or supporting Teale and Thompson replacing the current management team. Have these 2 got the SFA coaching badges, time to invest in the jobs, and the inclination to take on the job?

I'd sooner wait for the close season, my guess us we'd get a few qualified and ambitious candidates.

I agree. We lose every week as it is, so can it get any worse by binning wee clueless? At least a change would bring a bit of freshness, some hunger from the players to prove themselves etc. All I've been crying out for this season is a bit of heart/fight/desire but all we get served up with is, as you say, a bunch of unmotivated individuals with no confidence. Something needs to change however, as everyone else has said, our tight arse board don't want to jeopardise their pension fund.

Thing is will all this chat go anywhere or will we be here at the end of March spouting the same heart felt tales of woe? I bet I know.

What were the players doing going on holiday to Dublin midweek and midseason? Do they not have training to do or skills they could improve?

I have no sympathy with this one. The original night out was their Xmas night out and it was canceled due to the cup replay with QOS.

Just one question. How do you evidence that the players have no respect for him in the dressing room? I am not saying you are wrong but I also have no idea what the players think of Danny as I am not in that dressing room nor do I have any contact with someone at the club willing to spill the beans to someone who they do not know on the outside of the dressing room. Personally speaking, if players are/were unhappy with his tactics etc then they should grow a pair and resolve the issue internally and move on. I personally feel that we are simply not as good as some think we are and allied to some strange decision and tactics by the manager simply make things worse.

It's another of the old statements that are just words with no substance.

Goes with "Not motivated" and "tired forward" etc.

Could be summed up as bollox. thumbup2.gif

Genuine questions to all proposing or supporting Teale and Thompson replacing the current management team. Have these 2 got the SFA coaching badges, time to invest in the jobs, and the inclination to take on the job?

Thommo has his 'A' license coaching badge but I know he isn't keen on a player management role.

Edit to add -this is anywhere, not just St Mirren.

Edited by davidg

I think that means that the proposed fix, is to give the job to someone (ST) who says he doesn't want it. I'd also say this could risk performances from 2 of our more talented players, when the consensus is the squad is already weak.

I'd wait until the close season, in these circumstances.

I think that means that the proposed fix, is to give the job to someone (ST) who says he doesn't want it. I'd also say this could risk performances from 2 of our more talented players, when the consensus is the squad is already weak.

I'd wait until the close season, in these circumstances.

We don't know who's genuinely interested in the job though. I'm not confident DL can lift the dressing room for the tough games ahead.

We don't know who's genuinely interested in the job though. I'm not confident DL can lift the dressing room for the tough games ahead.

Fair enough, that's reasonable.

In that case my difference of opinion is in timing I'd prefer to leave the choice until close season. I think it'll be to our advantage.

Although, I was interested that ST is qualified, I really didn't know.