Lennon Out

Just to shut you up I've attended 3 games this season.

THAT'S what supporting a teams about.

Don't question me as a supporter, you have no right.

Deary me.

A real supporter is someone to goes to every game, home and away. THAT'S what supporting a team is about.

He has every right to question you as a supporter. Cos you ain't! whistling.gif

He was one of the few Saints players who passed the ball to his own team.

Not quite sure what drove you to have this outburst today but he's certainly a decent player.

Sure his tackle for the penalty was rash, but we have other players who are equally as capable of that.

Not match fit, but that will only get better.

For a player of his experience with ambition to play at the WC his decision making is shocking. Yes you can see he can make space and can find a man but it's no use if you make awful decisions. Two poor poor challenges yesterday the second of which cost us what would have been a valuable point. He will improve with matches but he doesn't have that luxury as he will only be here for another dozen or so and at the rate he's going he will cop a ban soon too. We never looked like losing a goal before the pen which makes it all the more annoying. Had Goodwin made that challenge they would have been queuing up on here to crucify him.

For a player of his experience with ambition to play at the WC his decision making is shocking. Yes you can see he can make space and can find a man but it's no use if you make awful decisions. Two poor poor challenges yesterday the second of which cost us what would have been a valuable point. He will improve with matches but he doesn't have that luxury as he will only be here for another dozen or so and at the rate he's going he will cop a ban soon too. We never looked like losing a goal before the pen which makes it all the more annoying. Had Goodwin made that challenge they would have been queuing up on here to crucify him.

The WC issue, IMO, is almost certainly a PR line.

Yes his tackling has looked rash, no arguments there, but he has the ability and I still believe, could be wrong, he will be a major asset in the remaining games.

I also agree we never really looked like losing a goal before the pen, and that's really annoying as a point, irrespective of how both teams played, would have been important for lots of reasons.

He was one of the few Saints players who passed the ball to his own team.

Not quite sure what drove you to have this outburst today but he's certainly a decent player.

Sure his tackle for the penalty was rash, but we have other players who are equally as capable of that.

Not match fit, but that will only get better.

there's the problem a Manager who puts a player on the Pitch who is not match fit has ran out of Idea's and time

there's the problem a Manager who puts a player on the Pitch who is not match fit has ran out of Idea's and time

blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Dearie me.

We sign a player who, we all hope, turns out to be a major factor in our remaining season.

We have limited resources, in case you haven't noticed the "Oh help ma Boab, who's going to fill the bench" hysteria recently.

What do you suggest we do with him? bye1.gif

The incentive is that they are paid a decent wage to kick a ball. Self motivation is something any player should have and not relying on someone else having to motivate you. Our team is simply ordinary with no cutting edge. I agree better tactics and playing players in their best position helps but we have been a poor side for the last 2 seasons. The cup Win was superb but hides the fact we are no more than average with a number of talented youngsters and experienced pros coming to the end of their careers.

Yes, they are paid a decent wage to kick a ball and I'm not denying that. But a lot of these guys have known nothing else than decent wages for the majority of their football careers. They know that they'll still get paid those wages no matter how they perform - if not at St Mirren, then elsewhere.

What we need, therefore, is someone who's willing to inspire them - someone they trust and want to gain the respect of. I don't think Danny is commanding that kind of position any more and he's had previous with pissing players off by dropping them for no reason or tinkering too much and not giving them a chance to impress. We're just going through the motions.

Can you really blame Adam Campbell for not having done much in recent games when he's been thrown on the bench for no reason? He made an instant impact for us but a few weeks later, he's getting 10 minutes here, 5 minutes there when we're chasing games. That's crap. That's not giving him a chance to make a difference. Is he really going to go and give 100% when he knows he'll likely be back on the bench again next week?

Don't get me wrong, I've criticised players in the past for not performing to the level expected for the kind of wage they get. I don't agree with footballers' high wages, but that's not going to change. I know what difference it can make when an employee feels valued and has an incentive to impress their boss - and that's what we need now.

Steven Thompson for manager. That is the way.

St. Johnstone have a habit of appointing players with no managerial experience and the likes of Derek McInnes and Owen Coyle have gone on to do well.

Thompson has got enough on his plate.

I tend to agree with Drew however ID is correct about the Fakes and there is the advantage that players with experience of playing in England are more likely to be poached by an ex-club down there than the likes of Lennon or MacPherson*.

* I know MacPherson had a brief loan spell but it couldn't really be seen as significant.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Dearie me.

We sign a player who, we all hope, turns out to be a major factor in our remaining season.

We have limited resources, in case you haven't noticed the "Oh help ma Boab, who's going to fill the bench" hysteria recently.

What do you suggest we do with him? Posted Image

I understand your point Faraway but the reality is we brought a player to the club who is woefully short of the level of fitness required for this level and he has cost us in both games. He very we'll may come good but why didn't we bring in someone who could've made an instant impact?

Also, I'm not sure he will get much better because the real issue he's got is he really lacks any sort of burst of pace and that's been the issue in the last two games. He definitely looks a tidy player on the ball, of that there's no doubt, but too many players just glide away from him.

The whole thing smacks of desperation from a guy who knows his number's up. Shame on the BOD for having neither the balls to actually back him or simply put him out of his misery.

Deary me.

A real supporter is someone to goes to every game, home and away. THAT'S what supporting a team is about.

He has every right to question you as a supporter. Cos you ain't! :whistle

Rubbish. Are you implying that someone who loves the club but cannot afford to go to evefy match is not a true or real supporter? People out of work and those on low incomes who have the club at heart are as much a supporter as those who can and do go to all the games.

Rubbish. Are you implying that someone who loves the club but cannot afford to go to evefy match is not a true or real supporter? People out of work and those on low incomes who have the club at heart are as much a supporter as those who can and do go to all the games.

Add to that, those who live far away!

Deary me.

He has every right to question you as a supporter. Cos you ain't! whistling.gif

What absolutely laughable pish.

Are you and Lex the same person because you both talk the same nonsense.

"Real" supporter.

FFS. lol.gif

Anyone who is going to every single game - home and away - regardless of quality of product COULD easily be said to have questionable sanity.

Also they could be called a mug.

Or an addict with a serious problem.

Or single - because let's face it, nobody with a serious partner is going to get away with that.

Edited by oaksoft

What absolutely laughable pish.

Are you and Lex the same person because you both talk the same nonsense.

"Real" supporter.

FFS. Posted Image

Anyone who is going to every single game - home and away - regardless of quality of product COULD easily be said to have questionable sanity.

Also they could be called a mug.

Or an addict with a serious problem.

Or single - because let's face it, nobody with a serious partner is going to get away with that.

:lol:

Your desire to be absolutely raging at absolutely everything is remarkable.

Relax, it's only the internet.

I was a Danny fan and am still hoping he turns this around but I just can't see it happening. He was given extra time to turn it around after our horrific start to the season, deservedly so after the cup win, then we hit a good patch. Sadly we are back in the same position and it's just not working out. Really can't see where our next 3 points are coming from.

We aren't even playing good football any more, it's mainly punts up to a knackered Thompson who has had no service for weeks now.

The thing is though if we were to sack him who do we bring in? This is the most awkward time of the season for a club like ours.

I don't agree with the personal abuse though. Some of the stuff I have read on social media sites is pretty poor. No need for it.

On that note it might get messy up in Dingwall if we take a pasting. There was a lot fans arguing with each other near the end of MacPherson's regime.

I was a Danny fan and am still hoping he turns this around but I just can't see it happening. He was given extra time to turn it around after our horrific start to the season, deservedly so after the cup win, then we hit a good patch. Sadly we are back in the same position and it's just not working out. Really can't see where our next 3 points are coming from.

We aren't even playing good football any more, it's mainly punts up to a knackered Thompson who has had no service for weeks now.

The thing is though if we were to sack him who do we bring in? This is the most awkward time of the season for a club like ours. 

I don't agree with the personal abuse though. Some of the stuff I have read on social media sites is pretty poor. No need for it.

On that note it might get messy up in Dingwall if we take a pasting. There was a lot fans arguing with each other near the end of MacPherson's regime.

I've been one of Danny's biggest critics for years, but I don't want him to be sacked now. He should have been sacked after we lost at home to Thistle in August and if we had got the right man in then we would be in a far better position than we are now. Alas the board made the mistake then of keeping him.

Now it's too late for anyone to come in and change it. We should stick with it till the summer and then get a new guy in.

I've been one of Danny's biggest critics for years, but I don't want him to be sacked now. He should have been sacked after we lost at home to Thistle in August and if we had got the right man in then we would be in a far better position than we are now. Alas the board made the mistake then of keeping him.

Now it's too late for anyone to come in and change it. We should stick with it till the summer and then get a new guy in.

Would you trust Lennon to motivate the players for the play off if we end up finishing 11th? I certainly wouldn't and it would be madness if the board allow it to happen.

I think you have just been Wooshed !

Surely that's obvious ?

For me it's still Craig Levein. In a nutshell.

There's absolutely no denying this mans experience as an SPL manager. Too many people being short sighted and only looking at his time in the Scotland hotseat. Sometimes it just doesnt work out for manager at specific clubs. After guiding Hearts to third he gets a gig at Leicester, it doesn't work out. Comes back up to Scotland gets the Dundee Utd job after Ian McCall and Gordon Chisholm had turned them into an utter shambles and turns them around.

Levein comes up trumps in some pretty key areas. He's obviously a very good SPL manager after his stints with Hearts and Utd, can spot a bargain in the lower leagues. Craig Conway, Danny Swanson and Morgaro Gomis come to mind all key players in their run to the Scottish Cup when they won it. Youth players as well bringing through Goodwillie and Johnny Russell. He's absolutely perfect for St. Mirren.

Too many people talking about Paul Hartley and Iain Murray. Lennon once came into this category of being a good up and coming manager punching above his weight and it got us nowhere. Levein for me. We need SPl experience and we need it now.

Edited by Dan Is The Man

For me it's still Craig Levein. In a nutshell.

There's absolutely no denying this mans experience as an SPL manager. Too many people being short sighted and only looking at his time in the Scotland hotseat. Sometimes it just doesnt work out for manager at specific clubs. After guiding Hearts to third he gets a gig at Leicester, it doesn't work out. Comes back up to Scotland gets the Dundee Utd job after Ian McCall and Gordon Chisholm had turned them into an utter shambles and turns them around.

Levein comes up trumps in some pretty key areas. He's obviously a very good SPL manager after his stints with Hearts and Utd, can spot a bargain in the lower leagues. Craig Conway, Danny Swanson and Morgaro Gomis come to mind all key players in their run to the Scottish Cup when they won it. Youth players as well bringing through Goodwillie and Johnny Russell. He's absolutely perfect for St. Mirren.

Too many people talking about Paul Hartley and Iain Murray. Lennon once came into this category of being a good up and coming manager punching above his weight and it got us nowhere. Levein for me. We need SPl experience and we need it now.

He's out of our league money wise.

I'm surprised no one has came in for him for the reasons above.

He can spot a player and bring through players from youth systems which is ideal for any Scottish Club

Just to shut you up I've attended 3 games this season. I've supported the team throughout each game although we've won none of them. I've not picked on any player or the manager.

THAT'S what supporting a teams about.

The amount of "supporters" that attend that think they are either great managers, ,players or both is hilarious. I get steadily pissed of being surrounded by morons who spout half drunken shite throughout the game is embarrassing.

There are a fair amount on here who show they have no thought process and post the same nonsense week after week and enjoy when they are proved right.

It's already being shown that this GREAT squad are no more than decent journeymen who are in the position they are lower half of the league.

So do me a favour, leave out the "You're a great supporter" as there are many ways to support the team and I certainly support the team, and the manager every game, do you or some of the Muppets that post on here?

Don't question me as a supporter, you have no right.

Well don't come on here and say let's stick by the manager when you don't watch this crap every week