Lennon Out

I still cant believe nothing has been done yet. I said after our horrendous start to the season when some happy clappers were still defending Danny that there would be a bad start, middle and end to this season.

Well, we had the start where we did not win a game in the first 8 fixtures played this season. (league and cup). Then we had the middle were we won only 1 game in 6 fixtures and that was against Q.O.T.S. in a cup replay. Now were in a slump of only 1 win in 10 fixtures. 7 defeats 2 draws with 1 solitary win. This means that even i was wrong as thats 2 middle slumps we have been on as were not even near the end yet.

As it stands we are only 2 points above a play off place. Did you lot know that since the 27thOct, the pig and whistle have won only 1 game in 16 SPFL matches and we are still only scrapeing just 2pts above them. How is that possible? and why have the Board not done anything about that yet?

There are only 7 fixtures left before the split against ross c, kilmarnock, DUNDEE UTD, CEPTIC, ST.JOHNSTONE, INVERNESS and MOTHERWELL.

The games that are highlighted are without being defeatest Loosable games as we are at the moment. Only Ross C and Killie are games you could possibly see us winning. A defeat this saturday should signify the absolute end to Dannys reign as manager of our club in my opinion.

I still cant believe nothing has been done yet. I said after our horrendous start to the season when some happy clappers were still defending Danny that there would be a bad start, middle and end to this season.

Well, we had the start where we did not win a game in the first 8 fixtures played this season. (league and cup). Then we had the middle were we won only 1 game in 6 fixtures and that was against Q.O.T.S. in a cup replay. Now were in a slump of only 1 win in 10 fixtures. 7 defeats 2 draws with 1 solitary win. This means that even i was wrong as thats 2 middle slumps we have been on as were not even near the end yet.

As it stands we are only 2 points above a play off place. Did you lot know that since the 27thOct, the pig and whistle have won only 1 game in 16 SPFL matches and we are still only scrapeing just 2pts above them. How is that possible? and why have the Board not done anything about that yet?

There are only 7 fixtures left before the split against ross c, kilmarnock, DUNDEE UTD, CEPTIC, ST.JOHNSTONE, INVERNESS and MOTHERWELL.

The games that are highlighted are without being defeatest Loosable games as we are at the moment. Only Ross C and Killie are games you could possibly see us winning. A defeat this any saturday should signify the absolute end to Dannys my fixation with the reign as of any manager of our club in my opinion.

FIFY

The BOD will ultimately decide the fate of the manager. They have a better insight as to what goes on behind the scenes with not just the first team but also where things are in relation to delivering the medium to long time aims of the club. Changing managers is a gamble and exactly who would replace him? Better to let him see out his contract and if the decision is to let him go then we have the close season to bring in the new man and allow him time to rebuild the squad. Personally, I think we will do enough to stay up whether that is via a play off or not.

The games that are highlighted are without being defeatest Loosable games as we are at the moment. Only Ross C and Killie are games you could possibly see us winning. A defeat this saturday should signify the absolute end to Dannys reign as manager of our club in my opinion.

Looking at the games coming up it's hard not to get worried about the playoff spot. If we get less than 4 points from the next 2 games then we are in serious trouble. In this form how many points will we get from the 5 games you've capitalised, I'd say 6 at the very most.

Defeat on Saturday and Lennon has to go, get someone in and hopefully we'll get the new manager bounce and do enough to stay up and give the new manager some time to get used to the squad and get them playing the way he wants so that we can hit the ground running next season.

The BOD will ultimately decide the fate of the manager. They have a better insight as to what goes on behind the scenes with not just the first team but also where things are in relation to delivering the medium to long time aims of the club. Changing managers is a gamble and exactly who would replace him? Better to let him see out his contract and if the decision is to let him go then we have the close season to bring in the new man and allow him time to rebuild the squad. Personally, I think we will do enough to stay up whether that is via a play off or not.

I agree to an extent, but there is merit in letting a new manager see out the last wee part of the season. Didn't Aberdeen do this last season, with McInnes taking over after the split? Gives them a chance to assess the squad in league games, rather than just in pre-season, with a better judgement on what's needed in the summer.

Changing managers is a gamble worth taking, Danny's record since the cup win is horrendous, any other manager would be long gone by now, he's had more than enough chances to turn it round. Lose to county and killie and that is 6 straight defeats and he should be shown the door.

Looking at the games coming up it's hard not to get worried about the playoff spot. If we get less than 4 points from the next 2 games then we are in serious trouble. In this form how many points will we get from the 5 games you've capitalised, I'd say 6 at the very most.

Defeat on Saturday and Lennon has to go, get someone in and hopefully we'll get the new manager bounce and do enough to stay up and give the new manager some time to get used to the squad and get them playing the way he wants so that we can hit the ground running next season.

Id say the only game winable from them would be Inverness. = 3 points.

Here's a question for those who are keen to see Danny bagged now (I'm ducking this as I'm ambivalent for the time being) -

How would it go if we brought in a new manager just now, but were relegated regardless?

Suddenly, the new guy could reasonably be regarded as a least partly culpable for Saints dropping down a league. Not something that can be worn as a badge of honour in any circumstances. He will have been given a handful of games to try to save the season, but would be facing a very different proposition in the 1st Division (sorry, just can't do Championship). There is no way that we could hold onto the likes of Kello, McGinn, and McLean, and we would struggle to replace them like for like in terms of quality. There would be less money available, and the whole consortium shares sale issue would suddenly take on a very different hue.

How would we, as supporters, regard this new manager in those circumstances? Would we say, "oh well, he gave it his best shot, time to get behind him in the lower league"? Hands on hearts, is that really our style?

If I'm being honest, I now think it is too late to bring in a new manager and realistically expect him to do the business. I'm not sure why any decent coach would throw his hat into the ring just now. He could be a hero by the end of May, but could equally likely be facing a less than thrilled support, and the prospect of the next phase of his career managing a team in a lower league, having effectively led them there. It doesn't seem to me that many high calibre candidates are likely to take a chance on that fate unless we were offering daft money, whch we wouldn't, and shouldn't.

Interesting diversion LS, but maybe wrong thread!

As much as I have admiration for DL, I'm afraid he lost me much earlier this year and a number of his team / substitution decisions have left me scratching my head - no wonder I'm bald!

I think his days are numbered. We make no progress on the pitch and far less progress in the leagues. We are closely related to the play-off and unless something inspiring happens over the next few games we are in the mix for the drop.

Even if we manage to scrape free from that mire, nice man or not, I think he's had his chance.

Who could have imagined before the start of the season that St Mirren would be one of 4 teams placed from 11th to 8th in the league scrapping to avoid a play off place? Terrible stuff!