Lennon Out

Rubbish. Are you implying that someone who loves the club but cannot afford to go to evefy match is not a true or real supporter? People out of work and those on low incomes who have the club at heart are as much a supporter as those who can and do go to all the games.

I agree totally and feel we should do a little more to help these guys attend

What absolutely laughable pish.

Are you and Lex the same person because you both talk the same nonsense.

"Real" supporter.

FFS. :lol

Anyone who is going to every single game - home and away - regardless of quality of product COULD easily be said to have questionable sanity.

Also they could be called a mug.

Or an addict with a serious problem.

Or single - because let's face it, nobody with a serious partner is going to get away with that.

Ha

Just so we know I am not saying a supporter is someone who goes every week. Fans are all different and follow the team in their own way. My point was that every week I watch pretty poor fare. It's easy to say stand by the gaffer when your not there. I am well aware footy is an expensive pastime and I am not saying those who cannot afford are not fans they are.

Just so we know I am not saying a supporter is someone who goes every week. Fans are all different and follow the team in their own way. My point was that every week I watch pretty poor fare. It's easy to say stand by the gaffer when your not there. I am well aware footy is an expensive pastime and I am not saying those who cannot afford are not fans they are.

Nice climbdown.

Maybe think before you post you've done a few recently, must be hard climbing down every few days. bye1.gif

PS Don't come on here telling people what their views can or can't be. thumbdown.gif

Would you trust Lennon to motivate the players for the play off if we end up finishing 11th? I certainly wouldn't and it would be madness if the board allow it to happen.

That is part of the problem,a play off game doesnt worry me in the slightest.The same players who raised their game in the cup run because they saw some personal glory will do so again,they dont "do" the bread and butter league shit.If we end up in a play off,we will stroll it regardless of who the manager is

For me it's still Craig Levein. In a nutshell.

There's absolutely no denying this mans experience as an SPL manager. Too many people being short sighted and only looking at his time in the Scotland hotseat. Sometimes it just doesnt work out for manager at specific clubs. After guiding Hearts to third he gets a gig at Leicester, it doesn't work out. Comes back up to Scotland gets the Dundee Utd job after Ian McCall and Gordon Chisholm had turned them into an utter shambles and turns them around.

Levein comes up trumps in some pretty key areas. He's obviously a very good SPL manager after his stints with Hearts and Utd, can spot a bargain in the lower leagues. Craig Conway, Danny Swanson and Morgaro Gomis come to mind all key players in their run to the Scottish Cup when they won it. Youth players as well bringing through Goodwillie and Johnny Russell. He's absolutely perfect for St. Mirren.

Too many people talking about Paul Hartley and Iain Murray. Lennon once came into this category of being a good up and coming manager punching above his weight and it got us nowhere. Levein for me. We need SPl experience and we need it now.

I would take Levein in a heart beat, not being succesful as Scotland manager doesn't make you not good enough to manage an SPL team. Wether we can afford him is another question, he's been out of work for over a year but surely he must of had offers from English League 1/2 sides and possibly even championship. Which suggests maybe money isn't his number 1 priority so maybe we have a chance.

If we have to break the bank to get a decent manager then we should, when was the last time we had a manager to get excited about? Every manager we have had in my time supporting Saints has had hardly any managerial experience (Gus, Coughlin) or has came after a bit of success in lower leagues (DL, Hendrie).

Edited by irvine_buddie

Lennon - Gus - Coughlin - Hendrie - Tony Fitz - (Munro) - Bone - Hay - Tony Fitz - Smith - Miller... and so on.

That spread of managers covers just over 30 years. I have emboldened the ones whose reign I would broadly class as 'successful'. The only one who arguably had any managerial pedigree was Davie Hay, and look how well that went. The c**t.

We have historically never had a policy of bringing in so-called big name managers - and maybe there have been spells where we have suffered as a result - but really, are we about to bring in a former Scotland manager? It's really, really unlikely. Far more likely that we'll do the same that we have done for most of my lifetime and pluck a promising lower-league manager and try our luck, or promote from within.

Shiiiit, I mean, we thought Goodwin was unpopular as a player, wait til he's prowling in our technical area lol.gif

Edited by Magic Monkey

Lennon - Gus - Coughlin - Hendrie - Tony Fitz - (Munro) - Bone - Hay - Tony Fitz - Smith - Miller... and so on.

That spread of managers covers just over 30 years. I have emboldened the ones whose reign I would broadly class as 'successful'. The only one who arguably had any managerial pedigree was Davie Hay, and look how well that went. The c**t.

We have historically never had a policy of bringing in so-called big name managers - and maybe there have been spells where we have suffered as a result - but really, are we about to bring in a former Scotland manager? It's really, really unlikely. Far more likely that we'll do the same that we have done for most of my lifetime and pluck a promising lower-league manager and try our luck, or promote from within.

Shiiiit, I mean, we thought Goodwin was unpopular as a player, wait til he's prowling in our technical area lol.gif

We most likely will go for a promising young manager like Ian Murray from lower leagues or a senior player like Thommo like we always do... But maybe it's time to invest in a tried and tested manager like Levein who can take us from a SPL relegation scrapper to a top 6 team rather than take a gamble on an unexperienced manager and hope for the best.

I think it is likely Levein will be at Hearts next season. I'm not sure if he is still being paid by Scotland? I know that he never accepted any job offers previously because if he took a new job elsewhere SFA wouldn't have to continue paying his contract.

Why would anyone want to go to a club in a dire state? Hearts are gubbed; no money and still in debt. Just where would they get the money to pay his wages when they are rooked? I think Hearts will be lucky to see the season out never mind bring in a manager that would command a higher salary than the current manager. I think there is far more stability with a club our size with little or no debt.

Because some woman is about to pay 2.5million to bring them out of administration

They have around £28 million debt. It will take more than this lady's donation to resolve Heart's debt. Coming out of admin is the first step. If Leviene goes to Hearts then good luck to him. We should focus on getting our own house in order.

When they come out of admin, there is no debt, that is the whole point..the question is she will need to be like saints..only spend what is generated.. Unless she sticks her hand in her own pocket..hearts will be a much healthier proposition post admin

She's giving the club a loan , with interest. That's why the supporters are being told to keep digging deep , to the tune of £6m ,over the next couple of years. If they're not prudent , they will end up back at square one !

Interesting diversion LS, but maybe wrong thread!

As much as I have admiration for DL, I'm afraid he lost me much earlier this year and a number of his team / substitution decisions have left me scratching my head - no wonder I'm bald!

I think his days are numbered. We make no progress on the pitch and far less progress in the leagues. We are closely related to the play-off and unless something inspiring happens over the next few games we are in the mix for the drop.

Even if we manage to scrape free from that mire, nice man or not, I think he's had his chance.

Putting managerial skills to one side, the abuse Lennon has received firstly as a human being, and secondly an employee of the club you supposedly love is absolutely disgusting. And that's without taking into account the fact he won us a national trophy!

He has dined on that Cup win long enough. Had a second chance after the poor start and we are now going back again Strengthened wrong parts of the team again Time for him and Tommy to go