Lennon Out

Mainly two different divisions , not fairest comparison but similar ratio nonetheless.

similar ratios? There is almost 50 games difference compared to 4 goals, without using a calculator I can work that out is not actually that similar and as you point out at a different level.

Anyway way shouldn't keep feeding the troll, who is quite clearly winding us all up, sitting back watching us compare great strikers who have both done great jobs for our club.

All this talk about strikers we've had. Thomson, Somner, McDougall, Yardley. All great players, although I'm not convinced about Yardley.

However what about Higdon? Has he been forgotten? Surely the goals he got for us playing in a poorish team for a couple of years puts him on a par with these guys.

All this talk about strikers we've had. Thomson, Somner, McDougall, Yardley. All great players, although I'm not convinced about Yardley.

However what about Higdon? Has he been forgotten? Surely the goals he got for us playing in a poorish team for a couple of years puts him on a par with these guys.

Sorry mate 'Higdon on a par with Somner' just made me choke on my bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes.

similar ratios? There is almost 50 games difference compared to 4 goals, without using a calculator I can work that out is not actually that similar and as you point out at a different level.

Anyway way shouldn't keep feeding the troll, who is quite clearly winding us all up, sitting back watching us compare great strikers who have both done great jobs for our club.

Yardley got a goal every 3.675 games Thompson a goal every 2,635 games

Give Thompson another 52 games , then in theory he would add around 17 goals to his tally making him more successful by around 33% assuming he kept it up.The ratios are at the moment not a million miles apart.

The difference in division where the league goals were scored is somewhat greater for Thompson.

Edited by whydowebother

Yardley got a goal every 3.675 games Thompson a goal every 2,635 games Give Thompson another 52 games , then in theory he would add around 17 goals to his tally making him more successful by around 33% assuming he kept it up.The ratios are at the moment not a million miles apart.The difference in division where the league goals were scored is somewhat greater for Thompson.

not a million miles apart but affectively Yarders needed an extra 90 minutes for each goal he scored (which is quite high in strikers terms), and that included a season where he was part of (a very important part I acknowledge) a team that were scoring goals for fun.

I thought this was a lennon out thread,sorry must have misread it ,anyway back on track lennon gets nothing out of an above average squad,although I must admit sometimes gets a result that we never seen coming,so maybe Saturday will be one of them days ,lets hope ,then we can get back to the usual half hearted don't give a toss usual standard he has set

I loved the season before we were promoted the previous time. (99/2000)Great games , great atmosphere and a barrowload of goals like you say :)I preferred the visiting fans in the first division as opposed to top flight.Though of course we want to be in top flight , that was still a great season :)

not a million miles apart but affectively Yarders needed an extra 90 minutes for each goal he scored (which is quite high in strikers terms), and that included a season where he was part of (a very important part I acknowledge) a team that were scoring goals for fun.
Edited by whydowebother

Sorry mate 'Higdon on a par with Somner' just made me choke on my bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes.

Choke on your Bucky more like.

Somner: Scotland's top scorer in a team that finished third in the league.

Higdon: Scotland's top scorer in a team that finished second in the league.

Choke on your Bucky more like.

Somner: Scotland's top scorer in a team that finished third in the league.

Higdon: Scotland's top scorer in a team that finished second in the league.

this is getting silly, Higdon was playing for a different club when he was top scorer! He wasn't great for us imo.

Can't believe you're still trying to crawl out of this with any credibility, you've backtracked so much you don't even make sense.

But let me try and understand the point you're making here,

Using your confused logic,

If we get knocked out both cups at the earliest opportunity against spl teams then finish 10th in the league then you regard that as a better season than winning the cup?

I don't think you even know what your on about

No I said that Lennon's record has been mixed but generally poor throughout his tenure - you're the one devising tenuous examples that have already been covered whilst changing your own opinion as to whether the seasons in question should be considered very successful or merely successful and omitting references to points you raise in your posts. It's hard work dealing with you............

I'm satisfied that what I posted makes sense - it's clearly you who's struggling with your grammar and English comprehension in general. I'm sure you no longer understand what you're on about...................1eye.gif

Looking forward to the next round.......................

Edited by Bud the Baker

Higdon was a fantastic striker for us, massively underrated by some of our fans, I would take him over Thompson.

I think you can reasonably anticipate excrement through the post, and death threats for this....

FWIW, I would never swap Thompson for Higdon. The former brings so much more to the club than goals - both on and off the field.

Anyhoo, I think I'm about ready to squeeze one out. Now, where is that jiffy bag...?

Edited by Drew

I think you can reasonably anticipate excrement through the post, and death threats for this....FWIW, I would never swap Thompson for Higdon. The former brings so much more to the club than goals - both on and off the field.Anyhoo, I think I'm about ready to squeeze one out. Now, where is that jiffy bag...?

Young yins, nooadays!

In the auld days we never fannied aboot wi Jiffy bags.

Where is the BOD in this debate ,come out and back him or sack him, stop hiding

I suspect that they don't believe there to be any 'debate'.

That said, and as i've mentioned previously, I do feel Danny is left twisting in the wind at times.

I dont see the point in this topic for all those that want danny gone it aint gonna happen till seasons end. Why would they pay him off if his contract is up soon. Sheer stupidity us going down will be lunacy the board have not backed danny to strengthen other than loanees. Does anyone really think danny wants to take us down. We are where we at 5his moment and imo its the board its danny and its also the PLAYERS to blame we have senior players in our small squad not doing it not encouraging the younger ones on a match day they are all to blame not just danny