Lennon Out

There's been some shit posted on this forum over the years, myself included, but you have taken it far as it can go.

Thompson overpaid and not performing?

Nine goals in a team that has struggled all season, 3rd top Scottish player, 5th top scorer.

How many goals do you expect him to score at this point in the season?

20? A poor return by any standards. 30? Think you might find that passable. 40...... Now you're talking.

The man is a wage thief and should never wear the stripes again.

The 5 players that have scored more this season are all top 6, 4 of the 5 below him are also top 6. He's just not good enough!

As for the highlighted bold........... Welcome back to the 1st division.

Edit.

I'm in no way trying to defend Lennon.

He is an immobile target man who occasionaly sticks the ball in the net,an average forward in a poor team

There's been some shit posted on this forum over the years, myself included, but you have taken it far as it can go.

Thompson overpaid and not performing?

Nine goals in a team that has struggled all season, 3rd top Scottish player, 5th top scorer.

How many goals do you expect him to score at this point in the season?

20? A poor return by any standards. 30? Think you might find that passable. 40...... Now you're talking.

The man is a wage thief and should never wear the stripes again.

The 5 players that have scored more this season are all top 6, 4 of the 5 below him are also top 6. He's just not good enough!

As for the highlighted bold........... Welcome back to the 1st division.

Edit.

I'm in no way trying to defend Lennon.

im guessing you never saw somner,mcdougall yardley or macavennie.Not fit to lace ANY of their boots

Ok Norrie, let's try to make this simple.

McGowan has been pretty poor this season. Newton.......................never mind St Mirren glasses, you need to go to Specsavers. Campbell has been here for about 10 minutes, if you think he's something special in that time you should phone Man Utd, seemingly they need a few good scouts. Goodwin was almost named as a murderer/thug a few weeks ago, and that was on this site.

Your point, unless I'm mistaken, is to paint our players as world-beaters therefore it's the managers fault. This, you understand, is my opinion based on your previous ranting's blaming Lennon for everything including global warming.

There is no argument we are not winning games, and, yes that's an issue.

PS Try to use the edit facility, making 3 posts to say the same thing isn't really required. :byebye

PPS Yes, the manager has a part to play in our current situation. See edit. :thumbs2

Are all of the guys mentioned not all very capable players? They have proved they are good players. They aren't having a great season and they have to address this but I am sorry they are being led by a manager who has ran out of ideas. I am at every match and waiting for Campbell to be introduced on Sunday was a joke . We needed to throw him on and try rescue the game. He may have been here ten minutes but he has pace a great touch and an eye for goal. Added to the fact he has been in the England under 19 set up means he must have something. Listen its time to face facts faraway the manager is out of time. The hearts substitution at Christmas , the refusal to go for it on Sunday added to his woeful signings in the summer means he is vulnerable. And maybe add into the mix the fact that he hardly ever does what he is meant to do and that is win games. Thank you for the cup and thanks for everything but its time to think about what can be done to sort this. 8 wins in all competition since the cup final? Enough said Edited by norrie82

FFS !! Are you serious ??:1eye

Kello, outside of lurch @ septic Kello is IMO the best keeper in scotland

& McGinn ?!?! away & have a word wi yersel`

Look my post was confusing sorry. These boys are good players Kello outstanding along with McGinn and thommo but we're not winning games. Why is this and why are these talented players not winning matches?

Are all of the guys mentioned not all very capable players? They have proved they are good players. They aren't having a great season and they have to address this but I am sorry they are being led by a manager who has ran out of ideas. I am at every match and waiting for Campbell to be introduced on Sunday was a joke . We needed to throw him on and try rescue the game. He may have been here ten minutes but he has pace a great touch and an eye for goal. Added to the fact he has been in the England under 19 set up means he must have something. Listen its time to face facts faraway the manager is out of time. The hearts substitution at Christmas , the refusal to go for it on Sunday added to his woeful signings in the summer means he is vulnerable. And maybe add into the mix the fact that he hardly ever does what he is meant to do and that is win games. Thank you for the cup and thanks for everything but its time to think about what can be done to sort this. 8 wins in all competition since the cup final? Enough said

Who was it that Newton had a great season with last year and who was his manager then?

Who was it that Newton had a great season with last year and who was his manager then?

Newton was a good player last year and the cup final was tremendous. Danny was the man who won the cup and I think he deserves credit for that a fantastic result for our club. Dibble I know you love him but this season has been utter gash. You know it, I know it and the board know it. I am not at games shouting Danny out but I am now worried about the tactics the personnel and the direction were going in. I think magennis and djemba djembe will be v good for us but long term I'm not sure I can see a future for the manager. We hardly ever win football games in a league that isn't as strong as it was years ago. Now it's only my opinion but I know many feel the same that we need a new man at the helm

Edited by norrie82

im guessing you never saw somner,mcdougall yardley or macavennie.Not fit to lace ANY of their boots

Guess again.

Who we have seen in the past has nothing to do with the sterling job that the thomohawk has done to try and keep us up this season.

Have you celebrated any of this ' wasted wage' players goals this, or any other , seasons?

If you have you're a complete numpty, which i'm pretty sure you are....... and i'm being generous.

I want to see you stand up in any stand at Greenhill road and spout the pish you spout here, even the kiddie stand would rip you to bits.

Now piss off and don't come back.

Wishful thinking.

As for Yardley...... what was the highest level he got to?

A few outings in the season we were relegated....... Guess he was a lot better than cup winning, non-relegated thommo?

Yardley was a good forward in the 1st division, nothing against him.

Edited by desert orchid

I'm not at the point where I would defend DL to the death. I think that while he has a responsibility for putting the squad together we also have to remember very few managers will be able to land all their top targets. Maybe in January we tried to get defenders in and were outbid on the ones we wanted, or maybe we'll get them next window (as happened with Partick trying to get Mair in the summer and they ended up having to wait until January). I think a lot of the moves in December in January were correct (moving guys on who weren't working out, and bringing in guys like Wylde, Magennis, Campbell, and now Djembe Djembe who should all do well at SPL level). While DL has a lot of responsibility over how he spends his budget there are factors outwith his control even in this area (agents wanting to move players on, other clubs outbidding us).

Stuff that is within a manager's control, how the players train, how they prepare for games, setting out a game plan for matches, having a plan B and plan C, substitutions.

On balance I think DL has been reasonable to good in most areas. Most SPL clubs have to rebuild their squad every close season as they have players on fairly short contracts and face losing their best players to bigger / richer clubs. When DL arrived he had to more or less rebuild from scratch and I think over the years while there have been lots of transfers which didn't work out (mostly at the bargain basement end of our dealings) the following signings / promotions from the U20's strike me as being decent for our standing within the SPL:

Goalkeeper: Samson, Dillo, Kello - all decent

Right back: Van Zanten - (OK without being great), Naismith

Centre half: McGregor

Left back: Travner, Tesselaar, Dummet, Kelly

Midfield: McGowan, Goodwin, McGinn, Teale, McLean, Djembe Djembe, Wylde, Newton (OK)

Forwards: Thompson, Hasselbaink, Goncalves, Magennis (OK)

By my reckoning that's almost 2 starting XI's full of reasonable players signed in 4 years, without claiming they are all top 6 quality players at this stage of their careers.

Any player will have fluctuations with their form and fitness over a season as will most average teams (and we have no right to assume that we are not an average SPL team!).

I think that we will probably pick up naturally in the next few weeks as McLean and Teale and Djembe Djembe get their fitness and sharpness back and as Wylde and Magennis get bedded into the team. The one danger could be if there is lots of chopping and changing and disruption in team selections. I think from midfield to forwards between starting XI / first picks and options from the bench we have the players in those departments to challenge for 6th-9th spots. I think our main problems will be in defence. Maybe if our midfield and attack pick up that will help the confidence and form of Naismith and Kelly. I fear that without a Norrie McWhirter style sweeper or big no nonsense centre half that we have a defence which is equipped to challenge for 10th-12th... thankfully we have a goalkeeper behind them who is good enough to play for any other club in the division with the possible exception of Celtic.

If we find a way to utilise our strengths in midfield and attack I think we will pick up points in March and April as new players bed in and injured players return and hit form.

I think DL is culpable for our defensive frailties, although I think as with most other things there is a fine line between relative success and failure. He gambled that David Barron would regain fitness and be a squad player and provide cover in defence and that backfired, and he took a punt on Danny Grainger regaining most of his fitness and form and that backfired.

If DL does stay on then I have no doubt a rebuilding of the defence would be his No.1 priority in this window and that he has already begun the process by clearing out Barron, Grainger and Mair in January, and it is looking like DVZ may not get enough games to earn a new deal.

I do think DL has also come up short with a plan B and C that works and with substitutions and responding when other teams begin to get a grip on a game.

For those that complain DL is too soft towards referees, are you the same folks that said refs awarded decisions against us to wind up / teach Gus a lesson when Gus complained publicly about decisions after games?

I don't take any pleasure in the current slump. I want the team to win starting on Saturday. I want a run of wins and for us to feel good again. Imagine winning two games in a row and how good it would feel. I'm not being funny it would really give us a lift. I hate to see any manager struggle and if Danny get us on a run I will be the first to congratulate him and the team.

Guess again.

Who we have seen in the past has nothing to do with the sterling job that the thomohawk has done to try and keep us up this season.

Have you celebrated any of this ' wasted wage' players goals this, or any other , seasons?

If you have you're a complete numpty, which i'm pretty sure you are....... and i'm being generous.

I want to see you stand up in any stand at Greenhill road and spout the pish you spout here, even the kiddie stand would rip you to bits.

Wishful thinking.

A few outings in the season we were relegated....... Guess he was a lot better than cup winning, non-relegated thommo?

[

Guess again.

Wishful thinking.

I did spout this "pish" two weeks ago in the main stand ,no one disagreed with "move your arse Thompson and earn your 3k this week". .Thats the trouble with keyboard warriors like yourself all talk behind a keyboard,in fact you probably heard me and just mumbled into your bovril as you fumbled for your medication.I know you and many others would like to go out with Thompson,i simply want him and his team mates to put in an honest shift every week,as opposed to when they are in the mood,which isnt often enough unfortunately.

I think Thommo does a great job for us and is an above average striker. Certainly good enough to play for any other club in this league with the possible exception of Sellik (at this stage in his career).

To compare him with Somner, McDougall and McAvennie is totally unfair, as they were all top class and playing in better St Mirren teams. Somner is by far the most prolific striker I've ever seen play for Saints. When paired with McDougal, they made a perfect alliance. Those were glory days.

Yardley is another story. A guy full of effort, but not able to match the effort with talent. Thommo is a far better striker.

As for the argument about our current squad - I look at it and see a top 6 spot looking a good bet. So why are we losing to Hearts Youth Academy and unable to beat a relatively ordinary Partick Thiste side?

I've been one of those defending DL all along. However, nice guy that he obviously is, he still isn't motivating these players, he certainly isn't playing them all in their best positions and he certainly isn't making the right substitutions at the critical points in matches. If any one of those faults should prove to be his downfall, it should be the 'hands-in-pockets - sitting on his arse looking blank' issue at times when the players need instruction and motivation. DL just doesn't deliver that I'm afraid, so maybe it's time we employed someone who can deliver on that.

As for who can we afford? I remember we brought in some relatively low-cost, relatively untried guy from East Stirling and he did a good enough job. Wish I could remember his name.

And lastly, on the ubiquitous point of DL having won us a cup, is it even remotely possible that we won that cup despite him being in charge? As I said, I've defended DL all along, so don't accuse me of being among that group who have a major agenda where Danny is concenred. I just think we can't keep relying on shite teams getting promoted so that we don't finish 12th. Even that safety net has now gone with the introduction of the play-off.

I understand where you're coming from BAWZ, but despite me thinking time has ran out for Danny, I don't agree we won the League Cup despite him. His selection, tactics and substitutions in the semi final against Celtic are more than enough to ensure his contribution to the historic win is safe.

Edited by pozbaird

Not old enough to have seen Somner Mcdougall or Macavennie play but to suggest Steven Thompson isn't fit to lace Mark Yardley's boots is ridiculous lol.gif

Yards will always be a club legend and was certainly a decent player with a lot of passion and determination in the first division. But he would never have made it at SPL level.

Thompson has scored goals in the premier league and at international level and is still amongst the top scorers in the premier league despite playing in a team that is usually in the bottom 4.

It's maybe time rather than posting Lennon Out comments on a forum than actually shouting "Lennon Out" after matches so that the board can actually hear what the fans at the matches actually think, if nothing is said by fans during games or we when we go behind, the board thinks the fans are still happy with Danny.

I agree that it is time for Danny to go and the sooner the better, if we lose to Aberdeen on Saturday, then I am sure a "Lennon Out" chant would maybe help with his exit.

Is it your belief that should the team that put Celt*c out the cup at Parkhead beat us on Saturday that is the final straw?

Yardley wasn't given a chance at spl level due to Hendrie signing duds like renfurm, Fenton and paeslack. At the end if the season we threw big mark and mcgarry up front since nobody else could do anything and he nearly kept us up! Bit unfair to say he couldn't cut it at spl level

Edited by Big Yards

Yardley wasn't given a chance at spl level due to Hendrie signing duds like renfurm, Fenton and paeslack. At the end if the season we threw big mark and mcgarry up front since nobody else could do anything and he nearly kept us up! Bit unfair to say he couldn't cut it at spl level

To be honest, it would be more accurate to say that it was Gillies who nearly kept us up, no?

Well even if he could cut it in the SPL (which I doubt), he's no Stevie Thompson.