Mclean To Ipswich?

I haven't checked but wardlaws goal to game ratio is probably much better

John Baird's goals to games ratio made him one of our most productive strikers ever, especially considering he was either substituted a lot, or came on as a sub.

We can be dismissive of Baird, Wardlaw, Barron, Mehmet, Dargo or Goodwin all we like, but here's the news. We can't afford much better. We can't afford Kris Boyd FFS. We couldn't afford John Sutton when he left Hearts.

We need to knit a team together from talented youngsters, older heads, triers, decent pros, and loanees... and hope they gel.

They aren't at the moment that's for sure. Haven't gelled as a team since their synchronised pint swallowing exploits in the Bull Inn, March 18 - 25, 2013... A glorious week of team-work.

Decent championship / div 1 player who scored plenty for every other team he was at.

Saints support gave him too hard a time and he couldn't perform for trying too hard.

Wait, whats the word i`m searching for ......... Oh aye , PISH !

If you google headless chicken, the top five returns include Mr Bone.

Saints support stopped him from performing ! 1eye.gif I`ve heard it all now ! bangin.gif

He was not among the top Saints players for sure... but you call him PISH... I think he was not great for us but had more potential than he was able to show for a number of reasons... including the pressure and abuse put on a young player by "supporters".

Maybe his level was one below where he played with us.... a bit like John Baird... but that doesn't necessarily mean that he is PISH.

You've only been watching St Mirren for a few years if you think Dargo is the worst ever Saints striker.

For example, Alex Bone, Dennis Wyness, Kevin Twaddle, Rory Loy, Lewis Guy, Scott McLean, Paul McQuade, Gerry Creaney, Robert Dunn, Eddie Annand, Christopher Wreh, Tom Brighton, Alex Burke, Jens Paeslack & Michael Renfurm were miles worse.

You've only been watching St Mirren for a few years if you think Dargo is the worst ever Saints striker.

For example, Alex Bone, Dennis Wyness, Kevin Twaddle, Rory Loy, Lewis Guy, Scott McLean, Paul McQuade, Gerry Creaney, Robert Dunn, Eddie Annand, Christopher Wreh, Tom Brighton, Alex Burke, Jens Paeslack & Michael Renfurm were miles worse.

No Mark McWalters?

Dargo scored once or twice a season and played most games from the start when he wasn't injured. Pish

Dargo scored once or twice a season and played most games from the start when he wasn't injured. Pish

What I remember most about Dargo was Gus having him as a lone man up front and high balls being pumped up in his general direction, with a big monster of a centre half marking him.

Dargo had a poor stint at saints of that there is no doubt, but this was due to a few things, his injury record was a nightmare, the fact that we were so bloody slow in building attacks, and the fact that he was played up front alone

I recall the final game if the season up in Inverness where dargo made a darting run looking for the ball, four passes later it was played to him, by this point he was coming back from an offside position as the caley defence eventually saw him, most of dargo's goals came from link up with dorman and quick build up play, unfortunately that type of football under Gus was a rarity

• 3 weeks later...