How Many Points?

Apart from the last paragraph, mainly agree with this. The reasoning behind the Boards indecision is that we cannot be relegated immediately and its fingers crossed we either avoid a play off (too late for that now) or scrape through against a lower division team over two legs.This has been so obvious for ages and is why no change has been mad.

What i still cannot fathom though is how does a manager respond to questions about his signing policy, assuming he is ever asked about this, or the fact that we never manage to string even TWO wins together. For a club who profess to have just about the lowest budget in the league, to then permit such profligacy in signing and releasing failed players is madness. The manager does not even have the decency to try and explain his gross ineptitude in the transfer market either to the press or more inportantly the fans.On the contrary he has continually tried the "emperors new clothes" routine by describing players as "the one I have been waiting for" etc etc. Lol you have to laugh at the utter nonsense he speaks, all of it in cliches of course.Its not just me who thinks this, just have a look on other forums where fans of other clubs have painted Lennon as a figure of fun and ask how we have put up with him for so long. Quite honestly if you were to read verbatim, any of his interviews (which are broadcast to the nation on radio, remember)they would make Professor Stanley Unwins utterances, completely logical.

I`d better hop off before the Lennonites come on and have a go at me again, lol.

I've never been a Lennonite, froggie, but the above is simply base personal abuse for no good reason that I can imagine.

I suppose you're proud about how trashy and lowlife it portrays you?

The long and short is 2 mor points than Thistle and 4 more points than Kilmarnock. We need to wim our home games and not lose away from home. A lot will depend on how the fixtures Pan out. Although Kilmatnock have 3 more points than us I suspect they are the weakest side. So the real issueis not "how many points" but "which points"

I've never been a Lennonite, froggie, but the above is simply base personal abuse for no good reason that I can imagine.

I suppose you're proud about how trashy and lowlife it portrays you?

On the contrary, every one of my posts has been factually accurate. None of this is abuse, just pointing out the blindingly obvious. Lennon has brought my team (he supports someone else of course)to the brink of relegation.

How dare you, also, to describe me as trash and lowlife. Could report you to the SSPCA.

On the contrary, every one of my posts has been factually accurate. Lennon has brought my team (he supports someone else of course)to the brink of relegation.

Factual inaccuracy, right there.

'The brink of relegation' would be the final match in the play-offs, perhaps.

There are 7, 8, 9...? games before that brink is potentially reached.

Thus far (by your flawed assessment), there are 4 or 5 teams on the brink of relegation.

It's a surprisingly busy brink... :unsure:

Factual inaccuracy, right there.

'The brink of relegation' would be the final match in the play-offs, perhaps.

There are 7, 8, 9...? games before that brink is potentially reached.

Thus far (by your flawed assessment), there are 4 or 5 teams on the brink of relegation.

It's a surprisingly busy brink... unsure.png

OK Mr Pedantic and abusive from (London , i presume ? )If 12th place is relegation, wouldnt 11th be the brink ? Anyway thats beside the point. Please pick out things I have said, and particularly predictions, which are inaccurate. I have my points of view and thought it was permissable to make them on a supporters forum. I dont pick up on other posters views, thats their opinions and they are entitled to them.

Get lost you cretin, all you do is pick everyone's posts to pieces without having a valid opinion. Go and watch your own team for once.

OK Mr Pedantic and abusive from (London , i presume ? )If 12th place is relegation, wouldnt 11th be the brink ? Anyway thats beside the point. Please pick out things I have said, and particularly predictions, which are inaccurate. I have my points of view and thought it was permissable to make them on a supporters forum. I dont pick up on other posters views, thats their opinions and they are entitled to them.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You couldnae make it up. 1eye.gif

If 12th place is relegation, wouldnt 11th be the brink ? Anyway thats beside the point.

It's far from being beside the point.

You made an incorrect assertion about St Mirren's current plight and abused DL on that basis.

11th wouldn't be the brink until at least just before the play-offs, as I attempted to inform you. There are dozens of games between now and the play-offs.

You have no way of knowing how they will go. Neither do I.

A frog should have no need of knickerwetting.

I hope this helps? :)

Have I missed something with the play-offs?

I thought it was 11th vs 2nd, but this seems to think differently...

http://spfl.co.uk/play-offs/

So 11th could end up playing 4th (currently QotS)? I had no idea that was the case. Mainly because I've spent all season believing (until now) it wouldn't affect us.

It's far from being beside the point.

You made an incorrect assertion about St Mirren's current plight and abused DL on that basis.

11th wouldn't be the brink until at least just before the play-offs, as I attempted to inform you. There are dozens of games between now and the play-offs.

You have no way of knowing how they will go. Neither do I.

A frog should have no need of knickerwetting.

I hope this helps? smile.png

Firstly, I have not abused Lennon, merely continued to point out what a dreadful job he is doing for Saints.I admit to slight ridicule at his post match interviews which anyone who listens to them cannot but squirm at. At present we are in the play off position, and it is my opinion it shall remain thus. Only an opinion, mind. You no doubt disagree and fancy us to avoid this, I would hope for this as well.

I presume by the term "knickerwetting" you mean unnecessary anxiety ? Thankfully us amphibians have no need to fear water or other liquids, lol.

Fingers crossed for this weekends game but having attended on Tuesday it will take a massive change in attitude to reverse our fortunes. Although strictly speaking Hearts could still overtake us, I think that even if we dont pick up another point until the end of the season (and its a possibility)it wont make any difference.

Finally, in case anyone thinks its only Lennon to blame, I point the finger at the Board and several players who are never good enough for this level of football.

Reduce ticket prices and pack the stadium for the last few games and im sure we will pick up enough points in the home ties to stay up. If Fanny Lennon cant fire the boys up maybe a full stadium can.

And no more half time team talks keep the players outside. We seem to fall apart when danny injects the team with what surely must be an uninspiring team talk.

Clearly Lennon can't fire them up hence we never win and are on a horrendous run. I will say it again how the man is still in charge is a mystery as 8 wins in league football in over a year now is not enough. I don't care who or how just staying up is all that counts. The thought of being shafted with a team of boys next year by the blue boys is harrowing

Going back to the original post, I would think that between now and the split we will be doing well to pick any points up on the basis that we are away to Inverness and home to Motherwell. Those around us however are in a similar situation ie Thistle are away to St Johnstone then home to Hearts, 3 pts maybe?, Ross County away to Celtic then home to Inverness and Kilmarnock away to Motherwell then home to St Johnstone. Let's say each of Thistle, County and Killie each pick up 3 points. The table would be Killie 33, County 33, Thistle 32 and us 27.

I would take a complete guess and say we need three wins to avoid a playoff spot. I think we have more chance of winning away than at home as we seem to bottle it at home.

Fingers crossed we score more than we let in over the next few weeks as I don't fancy our chances in a play off although it would be good fun like the B&Q cup final or the League cup final, maybe even the Scottish Cup final.

My personal opinion of the state of the club is that we don't seem to sign anyone for longer than 6 months so there is very little continuity in the squad other than the core that have been there for a while. I think that is working against us.

It's not how many points it's what happens with Thistle & Ross County now(Hibs & Killie are now safe) with only 6 games left impossible for Hibs or Killie to be overtaken by 4 or 3 teams as after split at least one team(From Saints, Thistle & County) will drop points each week. Every team next week is at home & we really need 3 points as Thistle play Hearts & County have a home derby. Interesting look at Scottish Championship table first 4 looks like it won't change so our opponents will be either Dundee, Hamilton, Falkirk or Queen of the South.

We need 40 points, maybe 39 if goal difference was to keep us out the play off.

We need other teams not only to lose, but lose by 2 or 3 goals.

We need to not get beat by either Ross County or Partick and win one of the games by a couple of goals.

Have to beat Jam Tarts.

A win against Hibs or Kilmarnock would be better than 2 draws.

It's not how many points it's what happens with Thistle & Ross County now(Hibs & Killie are now safe) with only 6 games left impossible for Hibs or Killie to be overtaken by 4 or 3 teams as after split at least one team(From Saints, Thistle & County) will drop points each week.

Really ? What if we all win next week barring Killie then it means we are only 2 pts behind them with 5 left and the other 2 are at least level

Edited by stevenston saint

Really ? What if we all win next week barring Killie then it means we are only 2 pts behind them with 5 left and the other 2 are at least level

If that happened would still need the 3 mentioned teams to get better results than Killie over last 5 games, seeing as we all play each other every week someone is going to drop points as can't see Killie and Hibs losing nearly every game and other 3 winning most of their games.

If that happened would still need the 3 mentioned teams to get better results than Killie over last 5 games, seeing as we all play each other every week someone is going to drop points as can't see Killie and Hibs losing nearly every game and other 3 winning most of their games.

No you said it was impossible ? So you now have your reverse lights on ??

Amount of points is inconsequential.

What is important is the huge post split game at Firhill and/or RP when we need a win. Important enough to bring a travelling support of approx 3000 and show the clubs around us what kind of football club they're dealing with.

Important enough to inspire our players to a vital victory, again.

Amount of points is inconsequential.

What is important is the huge post split game at Firhill and/or RP when we need a win. Important enough to bring a travelling support of approx 3000 and show the clubs around us what kind of football club they're dealing with.

Important enough to inspire our players to a vital victory, again.

We'll be able to smell Danny at Firhill, it'll be like walking past the waste treatment works at Shieldhall.

All that aside, we will get behind the team though I can see the Thistle game being a Friday night and Ross County being 12:15 on a Sunday.