St Mirren V Hibs 19/4/14

that has to be joke of the season, darren mcgregor done more in ten minutes today than mcausland dhas done all season

unfotunately there seems to be an amazing amount of twats on here - who will gladly slate our team and players even though they know they are wrong or have not seen footage that proves they are wrong - me , i slate mcausland because i see footage that proves i'm right

Oh the irony.

John McGinn's standing ovation when he went off gave me goosebumps. The song sung for him was very loud too. The lad is just phenomenal, destined to play in the English Premiership.

This.

What a wonderful young player, and he wears proper football boots!

ETA - did anyone else raise their eyebrows at his turn of pace when he steamed back to intercept the ball in the first half in front of the West Bank? He was going like a train! I never had him down as a pacey lad, but that was quite something.

I have to confess that when he was subbed, I did the "we're not worthy" thing....

Edited by Drew

Nice touch on BBC Alba, with trilingual show, thank you to Eric Djemba Djemba in French.

Two nice goals but yet to see sending off incident. When Goodwin has the head screwed on he's a player all other clubs barring Celtic would love to have and love to hate.

4 more cup finals, 7th place in the offing and a headache for the Danny's critics coming...hopefully, but seems like a great performance today from all concerned. Hopefully current run continues and debate can rage when the last game is played.

Watch BBC ALBA.

He most certainly does not target the girls for any sort of abuse.

He looks like a player who is delighted to score for his club.

I fear a few folk are missing a wee bit of a harmless wind-up on Buffs part, based on the context of the photo.

This.

What a wonderful young player, and he wears proper football boots!

ETA - did anyone else raise their eyebrows at his turn of pace when he steamed back to intercept the ball in the first half in front of the West Bank? He was going like a train! I never had him down as a pacey lad, but that was quite something.

I have to confess that when he was subbed, I did the "we're not worthy" thing....

I've always thought he's pretty quick. He absolutely roasted that Thistle full back in the 3-0 game to get him sent off for an example of how quick he is.

In all honesty, I like McGinn on the left. I know a lot of people disagree, but it gives him more time on the ball and

leaves him 1 on 1 more often. It also gets McLean in the middle where he's far more effective I think.

ETA- the only thing I don't like about him on the left is I actually think he struggles defensively and leaves Kelly short at times.

Edited by norman

I think you just got whooshed mate.

Must just be me that missed the "wind up" part of his post.

Obviously too clever for me.sad.png

Ce'st La Vie.

Watched the Goodwin incident again.

If anything, it's Thomson who tries to have a sly boot at Goodwin and ends up coming off worst.

However, I doubt the referee will be man enough to admit his mistake, if we appeal.dry.png

Edited by FTOF

What I liked about the photo is that the wee lassies don't seem remotely interested, whereas the guy in the T-shirt looks as though he has just swallowed someone else's sick.

Edited by Drew

Just watched it again on alba. Terrible decision on the red card. Turned to my mate at the time and said never a booking, if that was anybody but Goodwin it's probably not a booking then he brings out the red. The look on Goodwin s face says he was thinking the same. Astounded at the time that it was a red and numerous replays haven't changed my mind. Unfortunately though I can't see it being rescinded.

Just watched it again on alba. Terrible decision on the red card. Turned to my mate at the time and said never a booking, if that was anybody but Goodwin it's probably not a booking then he brings out the red. The look on Goodwin s face says he was thinking the same. Astounded at the time that it was a red and numerous replays haven't changed my mind. Unfortunately though I can't see it being rescinded.

My first thought after seeing the tackle from W3 was, FFS Jim ya mad c**t, to be fair

to the ref he was directly between me and the tackle so he got the same view ....

but after watching it on alba it's pretty conclusive it was never a red card... Appeal..

The performance yesterday from our team and the support was fantastic from start to finish.

I was pleased that the fans voiced their support so vociferously even before a ball was kicked and then continued for most of the game.

The astoounding start obviously helped.

Their wasn't a failure in our team. From Dilo to Thompson. They all did their part.

McLean started the play and by the tenth second his sweet left foot was preparing to lace the ball. I allways new Kenny, (or should that be Paul? whistling.gif ) had talent but his pace throughout the game amazed and surprised me.

Dilo started a little pensively but grew in stature. Our central defensive pair looked solid and McGregor in particular was immense. Our very young wide defenders showed composure beyondd their years. Our midfield harried and bullied their counterparts while showing sparks of class. Goodwin showed all that is good in his game until his dismissal which was a farce. In Thommo we have a leader who shows by example.

By the fourteenth minute I had sussed out the game plan. Number eleven. Number ten. Thommo was supposed to score the next. After that we would have had to bring back Harkins.Afetr that I would have been praying we didn't score anothertwo or we would be detransferring Mair! lol.gif

This management game is easier than I thought!

Seriously though.

Well done to all concerned. Tactics and substitutions were spot on!

Edited by stlucifer