St Mirren V Hibs 19/4/14

The performance yesterday from our team and the support was fantastic from start to finish.

I was pleased that the fans voiced their support so vociferously even before a ball was kicked and then continued for most of the game.

The astoounding start obviously helped.

Their wasn't a failure in our team. From Dilo to Thompson. They all did their part.

McLean started the play and by the tenth second his sweet left foot was preparing to lace the ball. I allways new Kenny, (or should that be Paul? whistling.gif ) had talent but his pace throughout the game amazed and surprised me.

Dilo started a little pensively but grew in stature. Our central defensive pair looked solid and McGregor in particular was immense. Our very young wide defenders showed composure beyondd their years. Our midfield harried and bullied their counterparts while showing sparks of class. Goodwin showed all that is good in his game until his dismissal which was a farce. In Thommo we have a leader who shows by example.

By the fourteenth minute I had sussed out the game plan. Number eleven. Number ten. Thommo was supposed to score the next. After that we would have had to bring back Harkins.Afetr that I would have been praying we didn't score anothertwo or we would be detransferring Mair! lol.gif

This management game is easier than I thought!

Seriously though.

Well done to all concerned. Tactics and substitutions were spot on!

Great post bud, Thought the effort for all players and fans was superb, McLean and McGinn were brilliant in midfield, And McGregor and Cheesey had there best game together at the back, Surely we have to get Dilo signed up to a long term contract, IMO the best young keeper in the country just a pity hes not Scottish, Great display,

Wee PS, Thanks to all our wonderful fans for their food donation, Absolutely superb effort, store room was full to bursting, And big thanks to the Hibs fans who joined in with donation awesome display from every body, thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Great post bud, Thought the effort for all players and fans was superb, McLean and McGinn were brilliant in midfield, And McGregor and Cheesey had there best game together at the back, Surely we have to get Dilo signed up to a long term contract, IMO the best young keeper in the country just a pity hes not Scottish, Great display,

Wee PS, Thanks to all our wonderful fans for their food donation, Absolutely superb effort, store room was full to bursting, And big thanks to the Hibs fans who joined in with donation awesome display from every body, thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Great to hear the collection went well and terrific to hear that some of the Hibees fans chipped in.

Red card my arse! It is downright cheating... by oposing players (wee bawbag) and by referees hell bent on showing who's boss regardless of facts.

The wee runt Thomson thought he was a hard man when he elbowed Gowser in the mouth and drew blood. Gowser was a man and got on with the game.

Goodwin went within a meter of Thomson and the wee shite went down as if shot by a sniper.

I hope Luny bans him retrospectively!

Superb performances all round.

Our back 4 and Dilo all played well beyond their years and looked solid throughout.

In contrast, Tommo had the energy and movement of a teenager!

McGinn and McLean are just a joy and privelege to watch... and shame on all the idiots who still think they were justified in criticising young McLean... hell... you are probably congratulating yourselves for aiding his development with your constructive criticism! !!

Good stuff. A big shout for all the folks who organised it, too. They were very courteous and grateful for what wasn't a huge effort on our part (though the guy who made a donation before me had two carrier bags bursting at the seems - fantastic gesture!).

Wee PS, Thanks to all our wonderful fans for their food donation, Absolutely superb effort, store room was full to bursting, And big thanks to the Hibs fans who joined in with donation awesome display from every body, :thumbs2:thumbs2:clapping:clapping

How many containers were filled?

I'd a very good view of the Goodwin/Thomson incident.

I've no doubt that it was hardly a foul and certainly not a red card offence. I can however understand that JG has done some daft stuff and refs struggle with benefit of the doubt, however Thomson has also done (the link for example) some daft stuff and he was the culprit yesterday, one thing about yesterday's challenge was the speed of Thomson's reaction simply wasn't honest, he was a split second slow to be genuinely in pain (he used that split second realising 'its JG mischief time). I'm not a great fan of the appeal system but in this case we really have to use it.

I'd a very good view of the Goodwin/Thomson incident.

I've no doubt that it was hardly a foul and certainly not a red card offence. I can however understand that JG has done some daft stuff and refs struggle with benefit of the doubt, however Thomson has also done (the link for example) some daft stuff and he was the culprit yesterday, one thing about yesterday's challenge was the speed of Thomson's reaction simply wasn't honest, he was a split second slow to be genuinely in pain (he used that split second realising 'its JG mischief time). I'm not a great fan of the appeal system but in this case we really have to use it.

Commentry was priceless lol.gif

Good stuff. A big shout for all the folks who organised it, too. They were very courteous and grateful for what wasn't a huge effort on our part (though the guy who made a donation before me had two carrier bags bursting at the seems - fantastic gesture!).

Might have been me. I got a bit carried away in Morrison's.

They were giving away a £10 voucher, so I thought, rather than spending it on beer, I'd donate it towards a good cause.

Great to hear it was so successful and well done to the hard work of the people who organised it.thumbup2.gif

Great day yesterday, took the wee man and he loved it. First time in along while that sitting in the main stand there was a good. Number of people starting songs and joining in and that was all down to the start the players made.

There wasn't a failure in the team and I must admit when Jim walked I did fear the worst as we've seen it many times before that a decision costs us, but the players all dug in and the subs played there part as well. I felt the work rate of everyone was superb and if anything we looked more likely to score in the second half than they did.

On Jim's red card, I had a good view of it and straight away thought it would be a red, not because he caught that cheating fanny but just by how it looked. We can complain about it and hopefully will get it overturned, but the biggest question is why does Jim feel the need to go in like that in an area of the pitch that we can't be hurt. I like Jim and every team needs a player like him especially when we are in the position we are but tackling like that in that area of the pitch he always ran the risk of getting a card that wasn't needed. He never deserved a red but he's got to learn that players, managers and opposition fans will do everything to get him carded and yesterday it worked, but could have been avoided.

Another performance like that at Thistle and we should win and I would say be safe, it would be hard to change a winning team after the effort yesterday and the fact there wasn't a failure, but maybe sitting in and hitting Thistle on the break would be the way to go, they have players that like space so we must limit it.

Great win, great weekend and roll on Friday night and a big saints support roaring the team on