How Would You Vote At The Board Meeting On Danny's New Contract?

How would you vote at the Board Meeting?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are Aberdeen not paying the bulk of Magennis' wages while he is on loan to us? Did the same club also terminate Greg Wylde's contract 6 months after signing him in the summer. Perhaps the writing is on the wall for McInnnes despite leading Aberdeen to a first cup win in yonks and highest SPL placing in yonks too?

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

... which is why they are in a separate category of youth players promoted into the first team by DL whistling.gif

Where does the post I quoted say that?

Other than a dotted line then I can't see it anywhere.

Your post is about DL's 'signing policy' - there is no mention of promoting players from the youth system.

DL didn't sign these players - whoever took over as St. Mirren manager would have had access to these very same players. Indeed, whoever took over would also have had access to the lad Slater who is now a first team regular at Kilmarnock.

And Marc McAusland wasn't promoted from the youth team to the first team by DL - he was signed from QoS - which totally contradicts your backtracking about whatthe dotted line means.

Do better qualified coaches supersede well qualified coaches.1eye.gif

Yeah?

Lex that quote is a bit of a mess hell knows how that came about anyway here is the quote to the above

Giving Danny the benefit of the doubt here.In particular I would think this has been a big learning year for Danny during part of the season he looked ill with pressure. Yes the signings has been his biggest fault but has he learned from it. Granger & Harkins we all wanted in. The rest were recommendations as I understand it and this is where I think Danny will have learned. He has to watch recommendations not just a few bounce games in the training ground.

Ian Murray keeps being mentioned for me this is turning back the clock to the beginning again. Up and coming manager learning his trade with us. Yet we throw away what Danny has learned. Just an opinion Lex I'm a Bud through and through and want the best for the club if that's a new man coming in so be it.

Well i certainly never wanted Harkins in and said so at the time! I said at the time i'd have much rather kept Carey than sign Harkins, and so it has proved.

i've said already, i'd prefer we went down the experienced route this time. There are experienced managers out there who'd jump at the chance to manage us.

Should we be embarrassed about wanting Danny to remain as manager?,

The man who's given us only our 4th national trophy in our history, is on the verge of taking us

to our best league finish in over 25years, a man who talks up our club and its fans at every given

opportunity, and most of all a genuinely decent bloke,

For all the flak he's took this season, he's rose above it all and conducted himself with great

dignity which speaks volumes of the man yet still lead us to safety, no doubt he's made mistakes,

but mistakes he'll learn from and which will make him a better manager..

Lets cut the crap, and give Danny his new contract....he deserves it..

I don't think you should be embarrassed no, i never said that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and i respect that. My point is i can't see a case for him to be given a new deal. Can you?

We are currently below Partick Thistle in the league. This is a team who are in their first top flight campaign for god knows how long. They have a manager who not only is in his first season at this level, but in his first full season in management. Most of their players have little or no experience in this league, they have a smaller budget than we do.

Compare their set up and squad with ours. We have an experienced manager and squad and in our 8th consecutive campaign.

How on earth can us being below them be spun as good enough? It's frankly shocking that they are anywhere near our points tally, never mind above us.

And yet your beloved polls has Danny staying ahead of all else

on a serious note....tell us Lex,who is out there that you can trust to do the job

THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR STARTING FROM SCRATCH

Keep it going Danny,finish the job that your and your team are building towards

oh...and SGG.....YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !!!!!!!

Most/all public polls i've seen favour getting rid, this private one is very close and the lead changes every time i look at it. My choice and many other peoples is an experienced manager like Levein. He's succeeded at every club job he's had here, Cowdenbeath, Hearts and Dundee United. He has a proven record of developing young talent and a wide network of contacts.

Why is it not the time from starting from scratch? When is? After another 4 years of scrambling around the bottom 6? If that's what you want, give Danny a new deal. Personally, i'm sick of self confessed underachieving. I think we can and should be achieving more, and Jim Goodwin agrees.

Name one.

I've named one repeatedly: Craig Levein. There would be a list of experienced applicants as long as your arm if our position became available, and I think he'd be one of them.

I also agree with people who compliment the way Danny's conducted himself in his 4 years here. He's always been a gent who's been more than willing to talk to fans and show up at community events, and he's always conducted himself in the proper manner.

Edited by Lex

Unless new owners are coming in with new (and more) money for whoever is in charge to spend, I would imagine the budget to bring players in / keep players will be reduced again next season.

As such, I would not be surprised for DL to be offered a new contract on lesser terms than at present or for someone new (and probably less experienced than DL) to come in on less money.

I'm not sure it bodes well for next season.

Where does the post I quoted say that?

Other than a dotted line then I can't see it anywhere.

Your post is about DL's 'signing policy' - there is no mention of promoting players from the youth system.

DL didn't sign these players - whoever took over as St. Mirren manager would have had access to these very same players. Indeed, whoever took over would also have had access to the lad Slater who is now a first team regular at Kilmarnock.

And Marc McAusland wasn't promoted from the youth team to the first team by DL - he was signed from QoS - which totally contradicts your backtracking about whatthe dotted line means.

My post said DL had 'sourced' about 20 decent first team players in 4 seasons and listed 16 signings and then there was a break indicated by the ----- followed by 5 players who DL sourced from our youth team. I'm perfectly well aware that McAusland was signed from QotS (before DL took over) but he was originally from our U20 team and left under Gus' tenure for more money from QotS. While I am not Cheesy's biggest fan I do think he improved during DL's second season in charge and it is questionable whether he would have returned had Gus remained in charge, hence why I have listed him as a player promoted from the youth team and given a chance to play and develop under DL.

DL also deserves some credit for moving to tie up promising young players on longer deals, thus avoiding Gus' mistake of Stephen McGinn leaving for peanuts midway through his first season as a first team pick. Whether we end up making any cash from McLean, John McGinn, Kelly or Naismith we should actually see them play a few seasons of first team football with us before they leave.

Tell me what you think the dotted line represents.

And repeatedly people such as myself say, "NO!"

So, name another whose tactics would not make Buddies' eyes bleed.

Please.

Craig Levein played attacking football with Hearts and Dundee United. People seem to judge him on the Scotland job, rather than the reasons he got the Scotland job. When he got the national job he was was the popular choice as he was widely believed to be the best candidate available.

Okay by all accounts he failed there, but if failing at international level automatically means you aren't good enough for St Mirren, then our fans are more arrogant than I thought.

And yet as Dibble points out above, DL DID bring in some great players within Saints budgetary constraints, Saints have not been relegated and are not in a relegation battle.

The budget thing is what it is. DL has won some and lost some. As it is at ALL clubs for ALL managers, not everyone's a winner at St Mirren park. Eg Harkins.

Now if DL's selections of those players, or his team formation is flawed by deploying those players in an inept/losing manner then he's fair game, I'd accept.

But the budget...? That's straw-clutching, davidg.

It's not the budget,it's his ability to bring a player and how to use them.

It's if he can't judge a player and where to fit them into a system how he wants them to play.

Manager are judged on their signings and this season they were mostly duds,hence the waste of money being mentioned.

Naismith and Kelly saved the season for him and i bet you they weren't expecting some much game time this season

He also has a bad habit of mostly signing midfield players where other areas of the squad need strengthening

Too many times of square pegs in round holes for me

Squad mismanagement is the reason for me for change

Craig Levein would be a fantastic appointment IMO.

I couldn't imagine a more duller person for the job, the guys a complete lump of wood with

zero charisma, a sure cure for insomnia, total bore of a man snore.gif ... But this shouldn't distract

from the fact that he's a shit manager...laugh.png

Anyway has he not still a year of his lucrative Scotland contract to run down, sitting back pulling his

big wedge in every month, cant see many chairmen taking a chance on him, especially not ours.....

As windae cleaner said"

He also has a bad habit of mostly signing midfield players where other areas of the squad need strengthening

Too many times of square pegs in round holes for me"

we were crying out for a decent centre half but the budget was blown on to many midfield players.

Levein makes Gus look like a party animal.

Edited by stevie-dee

Danny over Levein for me too.

Not sure about that. I'm looking forward to the thought all that 4-6-0 football.

Should give Thommo a chance to put his feet up anyway.... and no more angst over signing a second striker.

Bring it on!!thumbup2.gif

Bl**dy Hell!

Another thread to discuss Danny's future?

Can't be much doing in ds10land!

What, where have you been Bud, there all the rage these days,

Here's a few that's in the pipeline,

started by shull....Danny the legend Lennon signs 2 year deal....thumbup2.gif

started by Lex... How long before Danny is released from new contract....laugh.png

started by JJ mcG.... Lennon out, Carey in....laugh.png

and are below us in the league table.