Lennon Gone - Confirmed

Pretty much inevitable - not really got anything new to add to what's already been said.

I'll have mixed emotions when he eventually turns up at GHR as manager of another team.

yes,good to see him back in a cup game,if the mickey mouse team hes managing draw one of the big boys.Can see a giant killing on the cards

until one of his inspiring half time team talks and shite substitutions put us on easy street

Guest TPAFKATS

Mixed feelings about Danny leaving. Earlier in the season I thought it would be best for both him and the club to go their seperate ways.

8th best team in Scotland (twice) is the best that we have managed in a long time and the Cup win was immense, awesome etc.

Whetehr he should have been offered a new contract or not, Danny Lennon is a man of humility and dignity who deserves better than his treatment by the board this past week and the pish that has/will be posted on here.

Mixed feelings about Danny leaving. Earlier in the season I thought it would be best for both him and the club to go their seperate ways.

8th best team in Scotland (twice) is the best that we have managed in a long time and the Cup win was immense, awesome etc.

Whetehr he should have been offered a new contract or not, Danny Lennon is a man of humility and dignity who deserves better than his treatment by the board this past week and the pish that has/will be posted on here.

I think that perfectly sums up the feelings of the vast majority.

Alex Ferguson, Jim Clunie, Rikki McFarlane, Alex Miller, Alex Smith, Jimmy Bone, John Coughlin, Tony Fitzpatrick, Tom Hendrie, David Hay, Gus MacPherson, Danny Lennon...

In no particular order I think that's all the managers since I started watching St Mirren. The only sure thing is that before I go to my grave - that list will have at least doubled in size.

Best wishes to Danny for the future. Many of those managers gave me lifelong good memories and Danny certainly did.

Next up! Place your bets ladieees and gennelmen....

I think that perfectly sums up the feelings of the vast majority.

Not I, mind you.

It's now happened and Both Danny and Saints move on however what is the master plan? As mentioned above new facilities/emphasis on youth development/young players in first team/sustained top flight football and all by a thoroughly decent guy who has shown all associated with the team nothing but respect.

Without going over old ground Danny delivered all of the above and more. I'm sad to see him go. The new man has big shoes to fill...but deserves backing from day one and not endless sniping.

Cheers for 4 great years and in particular the League Cup win.

This sums up my feelings too.

I wish Danny nothing but the best for his future. A man who always did his best for our club and never said a bad word about our club or its supporters.

Hopefully get our new manager in place very shortly so we can get the key players we want to retain signed up and start targeting new signings of which there should be a few. I can't imagine the club will be sold anytime soon so these are all decisions to be made by our current board.

Thanks for some great memories Danny and all the best

good luck to Danny and good luck to the Board.

They have to get this next bit correct, this is a huge decision. I just hope we haven't let go a manager who is going to do great things in the future with another similar team - I fear we have let him learn and make his mistakes at our team, for the benefit of another team.