Carlisle United Vs Saints - Friday 1St August

Murray7

Not good tonight, deserved to lose.

Play like that at Fir Park next week and we will lose.

8 days to improve.

Hero's to zeros, maybe friendlies are exactly that....................an exercise to get fit, find out about your team and get ready for the season.

I placed no value on last seasons friendlies and place little on this seasons, unlike the frenzy which seemed to arise.

Let's take a deep breath, we are reasonably well placed........................time will tell.

Hero's to zeros, maybe friendlies are exactly that....................an exercise to get fit, find out about your team and get ready for the season.

I placed no value on last seasons friendlies and place little on this seasons, unlike the frenzy which seemed to arise.

Let's take a deep breath, we are reasonably well placed........................time will tell.

I don't put emphasis on results, more on performance levels.

We never played well tonight, my point is simply if we play like we did tonight next week we will lose at Fir Park.

Not that losing there will be a disaster.

I expect Grainger. Would have had them pumped up for the game with the history behind him.

Yeah I'm sure the whole Carlisle team was pissed off that Grainger had a bad time at st.mirren so they wanted to beat us for that reason, behave yourself ffs!

It's another pre season friendly out the way with no injuries, I couldn't give a shit about Danny Grainger.

The real stuff starts next Saturday and I fancy us to win.

I don't put emphasis on results, more on performance levels.

We never played well tonight, my point is simply if we play like we did tonight next week we will lose at Fir Park.

Not that losing there will be a disaster.

And that is a bit worrying given that it's the first time we played a semi-decent team.

Fingers crossed we can raise performance level for next week.

It is a friendly match and more about fitness and seeing what works plus players getting usedto each other. As for relating this to actual competitive matches, can I say that Swansea City from the EPL lost 3-1 to a lower league side (Bournemouth) . It happens and I doubt Swans fans won't be worrying too much and thinking they are going to struggle because of a game more necessary for match fitness than end result.

Just back, pretty poor performance at the back, Its ok playing the ball out from the back if you have players that can pass, but we don't, Some of our passing in midfield was ok, but very lttle at the end of it, McLean Tess and Wylde had a good games, Seeminly Cheesey should be fine on Saturday, if hes not could be a rugby score with Sutton having field day, But lets hope not, Callum ball not fit enough yet but looks a decent player,

back about 15 mins ago from game by f**k our fans are hard to please .yes we got beat and yes we all spent a fortune watching st mirren but these games are getting us tuned up for next week

That is an appallingly reasonable observation to make...do you not know it's a complete and utter disaster to lose all our pre-season friendlies and equally catastrophic to win all bar one? You'll scare all the doomsday predictors by adding to the voice of the silent majority who think pre-season friendlies are just about sharpness and fitness...