Cowden V The Buds

billyg

There's a really great vibe and feeling about the club at the moment.

I think this batch of kids are going to be the best yet. With them, we aren't far away at all.

Can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a season as much. I really believe it's going to be our best for a long time smile.png

im with you on this one Lex.....Positivity is what we should all be pushing ( apart from the usual ones who try to wind up the others and they fall for it time and time again,when will they ever learn)

Not long back,. Decent display, Apart from first ten mins we totally dominated the game, McLean was superb in midfield, McGinn excellent as well, Marwood looks a good player, Tricky and fast, Squad needs strengthened but im sure TC knows that, Youngsters are doing well Brown is coming good. Also good to see Sean Kelly back tonight. On to Blyth for the next game,

Just back from the game. Thought we played very well tonight thoroughly deserved a 4-1 win. Great performances from players like McLean, marwood however I thought our standout player tonight was Greg Wylde. He was absolutely superb, great pace and skill, he had the beating of Cowdenbeath's right hand side all night and played some fabulous ball into the box, I think he is going to be a big player for us next season.

Just back from the game. Thought we played very well tonight thoroughly deserved a 4-1 win. Great performances from players like McLean, marwood however I thought our standout player tonight was Greg Wylde. He was absolutely superb, great pace and skill, he had the beating of Cowdenbeath's right hand side all night and played some fabulous ball into the box, I think he is going to be a big player for us next season.

Agreed, he was also excellent at the weekend. He offers genuine width and pace, and he can finish too.

The team is shaping up very nicely indeed :)

Edited by TopCat

You really can't win.

If we'd been beaten, the usual suspects would have been on predicting gloom and doom for the season ahead, because we're shite, pish etc.

In fact it only took 15 minutes for the chief doommonger to post his portents of doom and that *we'll be cast adrift at the bottom of the league and relegated.(*see P&B )

When we win, they usually tell us it's only a friendly, it has no bearing on the season ahead.

However, most of us who have a relatively normal state of mind, will see the negatives as something to work at and the positives to build upon. We can generally move on from players we've released, rather than pining after them like a lost girlfriend, and instead focus upon the players we do have, particularly the new players and the youngsters who need all the support that they can get.

My advice is to put them on ignore.

We all know that the squad is not complete and in an ideal world, it would be. However, having experienced supporting (note the true meaning of this word) St.Mirren for years, we should be used to the fact, that things never run smoothly.

We will sign players for the positions we require over the next couple of weeks. We might not agree on the personnel that we bring in, but that's part and parcel of supporting a football team.

As for the Dundee results. I thought friendly results were meaningless when you won...................................whistling.gif

Edited by FTOF

I think it is fantastic that we are looking to bring young players through. Eight players who featured last night came through the youth set up? This is exactly how a club such as Saints should be operating. Of course we need experience in there, too, and we have that. Could we do with bolstering the squad? Again, of course we could, but people moaning about being too reliant on young players are missing the bigger picture.

Edited by Drew

I'm delighted we're bringing on the youth. But the under 20s finished 3rd of bottom last season. Partly that was due to playing too many home games at hamiltons artificial pitch, and a lot of the games were lost because they were a young team that tended to get out muscled.

My point is you can't expect kids to come in an play constantly well for a whole season. If we do go down the youth road, we need to expect these kids to have dips in form. I just hope that either we have cover to let them rest and get games in the U20s (see Gauld and Soutar) or the support does not get on these kids backs.

For example, Mo was getting pelters from some on here after the Morton game inspite of setting of the move that resulted in the goal.

Genuine question - not having a go. Why do you bother? Wouldn't you rather be doing something else that you might find more pleasurable?

It's all an act.

Everything he posts is to wind people up.

He isn't serious about any of it and he doesn't actually believe what he's posting.

Haven't people sussed this yet?

He's another Dickson.

He gets a thrill out of seeing people unable to control their instinct to react to him.

How many saints fans would you say were there mate?

Spot on BB Greg Wylde has been excellent in pre season, His crosses into the box have been top notch, Hopefully a full pre season behind him he will be a top player this season,

I'm delighted we're bringing on the youth. But the under 20s finished 3rd of bottom last season. Partly that was due to playing too many home games at hamiltons artificial pitch, and a lot of the games were lost because they were a young team that tended to get out muscled.

My point is you can't expect kids to come in an play constantly well for a whole season. If we do go down the youth road, we need to expect these kids to have dips in form. I just hope that either we have cover to let them rest and get games in the U20s (see Gauld and Soutar) or the support does not get on these kids backs.

For example, Mo was getting pelters from some on here after the Morton game inspite of setting of the move that resulted in the goal.

I don't think Mo played particularly well on Saturday. However it was his first start for a long time as he was Injured a big chink of last year after Ankle Surgery I believe. we know what he can bring as we have seen him once or twice for the first team. I wasn't at Cowdenbeath last night but I have seen enough from the Morton and Albion games to see potential in Adam Brown. Never seen enough from Williams to comment too much but he was fairly solid during the 2nd half of the Albion game.