Signings Please!

Pre season training about to start and hardly any signings. Not a good start. Other teams are getting their act together and we as usual haven't started. Have we not learned from last year ? Five signings ( of reasonable quality ) that the manager has actually seen as opposed to watching on screen are needed to cheer me up , by the weekend . Then another two next week .

Pre season training about to start and hardly any signings. Not a good start. Other teams are getting their act together and we as usual haven't started. Have we not learned from last year ? Five signings ( of reasonable quality ) that the manager has actually seen as opposed to watching on screen are needed to cheer me up , by the weekend . Then another two next week .

Did you honestly expect any different ? We will make a couple of signings for appearances sake and HOPE to remain in the top division for another season.The days of us even giving the impression that we wish to compete with other clubs are over

Did you honestly expect any different ? We will make a couple of signings for appearances sake and HOPE to remain in the top division for another season.The days of us even giving the impression that we wish to compete with other clubs are over

You say these days are over when did they become over?

Was it after we won the cup or after finished as the 8th best club in Scotland last year?

We will be some team if we ever go back to competing.

You say these days are over when did they become over?

Was it after we won the cup or after finished as the 8th best club in Scotland last year?

We will be some team if we ever go back to competing.

We need to start living in the present,the here and now.We kid ourselves how talented our youngsters are.Dundee utd have just sold a kid to sporting lisbon for three million,yet no one will pay 200k for the "outstanding" kenny mclean ,time we got real

We need to start living in the present,the here and now.We kid ourselves how talented our youngsters are.Dundee utd have just sold a kid to sporting lisbon for three million,yet no one will pay 200k for the "outstanding" kenny mclean ,time we got real

I think United do a brilliant job of marketing their younger players, way better than us. They have a pedigree of producing good youngsters and selling them on, that I think makes it easier to ask for the bigger money for players like Gauld...it's a conveyor belt of talent (much like Crewe were viewed as in the English game for years).

McGinn and McLean are really good players and on a par ability wise with Gauld currently, but I think Gauld has more potential than both though. Glad that for once a young Scottish player is not viewing the Old Firm as the pinnacle of footballing achievement.

For us we need to start off selling some players and get a reputation as a club that is good at spotting and nuturing talent. Once we've done that the bigger money offers will come for the next crop.

I think United do a brilliant job of marketing their younger players, way better than us. They have a pedigree of producing good youngsters and selling them on, that I think makes it easier to ask for the bigger money for players like Gauld...it's a conveyor belt of talent (much like Crewe were viewed as in the English game for years).

McGinn and McLean are really good players and on a par ability wise with Gauld currently, but I think Gauld has more potential than both though. Glad that for once a young Scottish player is not viewing the Old Firm as the pinnacle of footballing achievement.

For us we need to start off selling some players and get a reputation as a club that is good at spotting and nuturing talent. Once we've done that the bigger money offers will come for the next crop.

Utd kept resting Gauld and didn't over use him , that's something we can't really afford to do with our good young players.

utd's young players are better than ours, hence the league position. Gauld is miles better than mcginn and mclean. Mcginn and mclean however are very good youngsters and we've done well to hang onto them.

utd's young players are better than ours, hence the league position. Gauld is miles better than mcginn and mclean. Mcginn and mclean however are very good youngsters and we've done well to hang onto them.

Not sure I agree that Gauld is miles better than McGinn and McLean.

Does Gauld have a cup winners medal?

I don't think Dundee United's young players were/are better than our young players. Where Dundee United were better was that the other experienced players around the youngsters were better than ours, and to be fair, McNamara did a better job than Danny in managing them. I also don't think they had a clusterfcuk of a summer transfer window.

St Johnstone are another club who were better managed than us last season, with Tommy Wright getting them to really gel and look like a right solid outfit.

We move on though...

I've said it before on here and I really stand by it.

McLean and McGinn are pretty average in the grand scheme of things. They're decent young players and I'm delighted they're our players as they have as much quality as we can really hope for at Saints.

McGinn has a long way to go, fitness and positional awareness especially defensively.

Great prospect but nowhere near the class that some fans think, IMHO.

McLean has bags of ability and his work rate and apatite to get on the ball has improved lots in the last year. He's starting to get a bit of a swagger which I like. He loves being on the ball and is always pointing where he wants it.

Again though, the lack of clubs willing to part with £300k tells it's story as to where he's at.

Delighted to have both of them at St Mirren and would love them to have long successful careers with us.

That's me in the firing line, take your shots :P

Edited by davidg

Are you and Elvis twins? Such negativity

I thought that was what we were doing.1eye.gif

I've said it before on here and I really stand by it.

McLean and McGinn are pretty average in the grand scheme of things. They're decent young players and I'm delighted they're our players as they have as much quality as we can really hope for at Saints.

McGinn has a long way to go, fitness and positional awareness especially defensively.

Great prospect but nowhere near the class that some fans think, IMHO.

McLean has bags of ability and his work rate and apatite to get in the ball have improved lots in the last year. He's starting to get a bit of a swagger which I like. He loves being on the ball and is always pointing where he wants it.

Again though, the lack of clubs willing to part with £300k tells it's story as to where he's at.

Delighted to have both of them at St Mirren and would love them to have long successful careers with us.

That's me in the firing line, take your shots tongue.png

Pretty much agree. BUT we can only expect McGinn to keep getting better and McLean given licence to play further forward could make a huge difference.

Dundee utd have just sold a kid to sporting lisbon for three million.....time we got real

Time you got real and stopped the lying bollox.

DUFC have parted with him for..."an undisclosed sum".

My guess is as good as yours....

Tuppence ha'penny.