Motherwell V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 9/8/13

shull

goody is now a coach. Lets see, your already on a yellow for a bookable foul then you get another for dissent. Where is that in the coaching manual? This sounds like a game where we were likely to win given the chances we've had. Goodwin has singlehandedly blown our chance of getting back in the game.

Not sure he's blown it as we were 1-0 when he was on the park?

Doesn't add up we would have scored with him on as we hasn't for most of the game.

Not sure he's blown it as we were 1-0 when he was on the park?

Doesn't add up we would have scored with him on as we hasn't for most of the game.

We're less likely to score and more likely to concede another with him sent off.

There is no excuse for being sent off for dissent, especially as he's the coach and was on a booking.

I'm certainly not going to panic. It's a disappointing result but I'm still excited to see what our new strikers can bring this season, along with Wylde - this is his time to step up.

However, can Jim Goodwin please get to f**k out of our starting line-ups? He never learns and never will, and we cannot afford to carry his constant suspensions. Go out and spend the extra £2k a week to bring in a quality holding midfielder who has some discipline, and get Goodwin on the bench if he must stay.

A 1-0 loss away to Motherwell is not a disaster, Goody getting a second yellow for dissent ( if that is indeed the case ) is a worry, It sounded from the radio commentary as if we played well but couldn't score which is as annoying as F*ck but still no need for panic.

My overall feeling is still one of optimism!

A 1-0 loss away to Motherwell is not a disaster, Goody getting a second yellow for dissent ( if that is indeed the case ) is a worry, It sounded from the radio commentary as if we played well but couldn't score which is as annoying as F*ck but still no need for panic.

My overall feeling is still one of optimism!

Reported, no place for optimism in here.

Goodwin getting sent off didn't help, but we were our own worst enemy in front of goal. Plummer and Tess were both excellent. Marwood and. Wylde were good in patches. Not a disaster, but we do need at least another couple of players.

Perhaps it's a blessing that goodwins stupidity has come in the first game. The likelihood of him being dismissed must have an effect on the players around him that does not augur well for forthcoming games ( except for Wednesday as he's now suspended!) he is clearly a marked man and coupled with his numbnutness he surely must be left out of the side for the good of the team. Football is an eleven a side game. Someone forgot to tell Goodwin.

Encouraging reports from Motherwell, so looking forward to Wednesday.

As for Goodwin no getting away from the fact that he is now a liability in a St Mirren shirt. Sometimes it's through no fault of his own right enough, but a liability nonetheless. Maybe TC should have a policy that if gets a yellow card in the first half of a game then he gets hooked after an hour.

I don't understand what goes through his head sometimes. Not long after being booked he put in another 'robust' challenge that a different referee might have deemed bookable. To give the referee any reason to book you when you're already on a yellow is stupidity of the highest level. And this guy is COACHING our young players?

Really entertaining game that could have went either way. We didn't take any of our chances, Motherwell took one of theirs.

Thought we played well for long parts, as did Motherwell.

They are the second best team in the nation for a reason, they do what they do and they do it well.

Lasley is a dirtier player than Goodwin, yet he is portrayed as the housewives favourite whereas Goody is known as the devil incarnate. This public perception Keith has built up is tremendous credit to himself. He does what he does well, and he gets away with it, I wish he played for his hometown club.

Motherwell are the second best team in the country and I think they will finish second yet again. This was a tougher opener for us than either Aberdeen away or Dundee Utd away would have been. Yet even still we could - and perhaps should - have got something.

Thought our best players were Plummer and Tesselaar, and thought Marwood had a poor game and should have been replaced by Teale.

Our season starts on Wednesday.

Glad we played well, we won't be too downbeat after that.

Worry like others about Goodwin, he's got to sort his discipline out now he's coach, bloody liability. I can take a sending off for two yellows for fouls, not dissent tho. He's let the side down....again.....not to mention the fact he's meant to be displaying leadership qualities and leading by example these days.

I don't understand what goes through his head sometimes. Not long after being booked he put in another 'robust' challenge that a different referee might have deemed bookable. To give the referee any reason to book you when you're already on a yellow is stupidity of the highest level. And this guy is COACHING our young players?

Thing is he is a marked man now