Tesselaar

Strange one.... very strange.

Man City boy played well at left back v the wee Rovers.

Kelly finished last season as our first choice lb.

Yakub has recovered from injury and pre season played as lb.

So we sign an ex lb who left to join a team that struggled against relegation!!!!

Are we planning to convert him into a no nonsense central defender? If not, WHY?

He's a versatile, experienced defender who can play left back and centre back.

I'm happy with this signing, he knows the league, we know him, and I think he will do well for us.... Again.

A bit puzzled by this signing to be honest. My guess is that he wasn't hard to deal with, nor was his agent, for a one year deal. He won't be costing the earth, and can play more than one position, so it adds an option to the squad.

Fair enough. I think.

Should have added that I'm relatively happy with this one. Didn't seem to play all that well at Killie but let's be honest, he was playing in a shite team that didn't really play his style of football. I think he'll do okay here.

I am not suggesting he isn't a decent player. We all know that he is, but I assumed we had decent cover in the full back area. I can't remember seeing much of him at centre half.

On balance, it certainly isn't a poor signing, so fair enough.

That's it, cover your bets. lol.gif

Not about covering bets, I remain puzzled by the need to sign another left back, albeit one who can, if required, play elsewhere.

I'm not sure it's what we needed to be honest, but he surely must have been easy to deal with in regard to wage demands, hence TC going for it.

Hmm. He takes nice photies though.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

So should we bin Kelly, Yakub or Plummer?

No, why would we?

Competition is good for the squad and hopefully Tess will push Kelly on and help him improve and be a stronger player.

Terrible position to be in....

Edited by davidg

Not about covering bets, I remain puzzled by the need to sign another left back, albeit one who can, if required, play elsewhere.

I'm not sure it's what we needed to be honest, but he surely must have been easy to deal with in regard to wage demands, hence TC going for it.

Hmm. He takes nice photies though.

I would have thought a player who is versatile was a massive bonus to our team?

We get slagged off for having a small squad so a guy like this is the way many teams have decided to go, versatility.

Just seems no matter who we sign some people look for a negative angle................................what will be will be, he's a St Mirren player and has a decent pedigree.

Welcome. thumbup2.gif

He certainly played centre back for Killie a few times, don't remember him doing so for us.

I expect that's where he will be used for us this season. We actually have some healthy competition for places at the back now, at least in the centre half and left back positions!

As much as I like Jeroen, The way he left us the last time left a bad taste in the mouth, Left the club cos he was not offered a club car, But in saying that he will be wearing a Saints Jersey so I will be supporting him like any other player, Good luck JT,

Heard a totally different story mate.

Heard that he Left because his agent was demanding a signing on fee just for renewing his contract. Tess was contracted to him and had to leave as the agent wouldn't drop this.

Forced to move on by being tied to a greedy agent.

Away and don't talk shite. If you saw what was written on his page, you'd have deleted it as well. Tesselaar has got off a wee bit lighter and kept his open, here's one of the comments on his page;

"you are a f**king money grabbing bastard, i hope you die in your sleep ya f**king dutch wank"

Surprised he's returned after this show of support..........................we have some class "supporters". bangin.gif