Jim Goodwin Liability

I don't for one moment condone Jim's actions but it transpires it is only BBC that make an issue it.

TBH that is a ludicrous argument. Jim has only himself to blame and it's our club that will suffer.

Personally I couldn't give the tiniest f**k what thugs at other clubs manage to get away with.

wee cnut made a meal of it, i'd like to know how anyone could avoid some sort of reaction when someone barges into their back when they dont see them coming, one poster has slated jim for showing bad captaincy - obviously unaware he is not captain - but it makes it more dramatic doesn't it so why bother with mere facts, how anyone can post comments about jim and not even know he is not the captain just shows them up for what they are.

Shocking blind defence from some of our fans on here.

Had it been some other team's resident thug like Keith Lasley or Manuel Pascali catching John McGinn or Thomas Reilly on the jaw, you be screaming blue murder, every single one of you.

He committed the crime.....again. He's been caught.....again. He's proven himself to be a liability and let his side down....again.

wee cnut made a meal of it, i'd like to know how anyone could avoid some sort of reaction when someone barges into their back when they dont see them coming, one poster has slated jim for showing bad captaincy - obviously unaware he is not captain - but it makes it more dramatic doesn't it so why bother with mere facts, how anyone can post comments about jim and not even know he is not the captain just shows them up for what they are.

Correct, he's not their captain.

He's now their coach. Essentially, he's a gaffer. This makes it even worse.

Edited by djchapsticks

I haven't even bothered looking at the footage.

However, from the overwhelming condemnation I'm presuming that he's guilty, which is f**king stupidity of the highest order from him, given his past record.

Was the incident part of the "match action" on Sportscene or was it a case of someone alerting the BBC to the incident and the clip then being dredged up by someone desperate to crucify Goodwin?

If it's the latter, then I look forward to every game being watched in a similar manner, so that unpunished kicks, punches or elbows from other players are highlighted every week, and the offenders being dealt with accordingly, in order to try and cut out this type of behaviour from our game.

Edited by FTOF

On balance if the club were to contest this and cite the recent Kris Boyd (was it a head butt) case as a precedent then i think Goody would get off with it!

In the footage his elbow doesn't swing back beyond his body, it stops in line with his core so he has a case to say he was just keeping his form as he was about to be barged for the second time even as he left the field of play. Anyone looking in from the club??? defo worth contesting on the above grounds since Boyd got his red card rescinded for his infringement.

In fact i expect a full and frank apology from the compliance officer, and £20k compensation to be paid to Jim for the smear on his good character.

Aff to get checked for my new specs noo.

I wish that was the case... but I have a frame freeze that proves otherwise... I just have no bloody idea how to upload it.

He was being nipped at... he shouldn't have reacted as he did.

Leave Jim alone he is a legend just like Abercrombie who led us to cup final glory. If you think Jim is bad then you should have seen Aber play.

It's part of his DNA you can curtail it but you can't control it. I wish we had more players that showed the passion Jim shows.

This issue seems to have split the support down the middle. If someone could be bothered they could start a poll. Should Jim be banned for this?

He knows he is a marked man, especially away from home, where every motion and gesture is monitored yet still does it.

I think he is one of our better players (not hard I know) but his actions and position in team management is the most damming.

Sort it out mate! shutup.gif

Leave Jim alone he is a legend just like Abercrombie who led us to cup final glory. If you think Jim is bad then you should have seen Aber play.

It's part of his DNA you can curtail it but you can't control it. I wish we had more players that showed the passion Jim shows.

Aber was pretty clear in his biography that with TV cameras at all games that he could not play the same way today, and at least with Aber he was often evening up scores after refs turned blind eyes to bad fouls on Saints players. I didn't see Armstrong flatten any Saints player last season when Goodwin gave him the forearm smash when going for a ball heading out for a throw, and doubt Connolly had got away with a serious foul when Goodwin elbowed him in the face.

The more often Goodwin does these off the ball punches and elbows that harder it is for any neutral refs left to give him the benefit of the doubt when he goes for a 50/50 high ball and his opponent falls to the ground clutching his face.

Goodwin has only played 10 league games this season and has already clocked up 5 matches suspended in just 10 games, more than most niggly players clock up in a season or two. That can't continue indefinitely. The ways things are going hes on course to miss about 10 games this season through suspensions alone and its not even like he is being sent off for a gallus professional foul that saves a certain goal, it is always for handbags incidents miles from any goal threat.

I think a lot of people here had their minds made up before watching the clip.

I have defended him previously but on seeing this it's an obvious ( sneaky) wee jab of the elbow with a fair bit of force. Sneaky as he has tried to disguise it. He is no use to us in the stand and he clearly hasn't learned a thing from previous bans so the club must take a stand here as has been said previously. Severe public warning, maximum fine and a clear message that another elbowing offence will see him sacked for misconduct. If he doesn't toe the line then rip up his contract as he is becoming a liability in a small squad.

Goodwin and Aber in the same sentence is insulting. Goodwin couldn't lace Billy's boots. Not in the same league.

Aber was pretty clear in his biography that with TV cameras at all games that he could not play the same way today, and at least with Aber he was often evening up scores after refs turned blind eyes to bad fouls on Saints players. I didn't see Armstrong flatten any Saints player last season when Goodwin gave him the forearm smash when going for a ball heading out for a throw, and doubt Connolly had got away with a serious foul when Goodwin elbowed him in the face.

The more often Goodwin does these off the ball punches and elbows that harder it is for any neutral refs left to give him the benefit of the doubt when he goes for a 50/50 high ball and his opponent falls to the ground clutching his face.

Goodwin has only played 10 league games this season and has already clocked up 5 matches suspended in just 10 games, more than most niggly players clock up in a season or two. That can't continue indefinitely. The ways things are going hes on course to miss about 10 games this season through suspensions alone and its not even like he is being sent off for a gallus professional foul that saves a certain goal, it is always for handbags incidents miles from any goal threat.

You mean that when Aber got 3 yes 3 red cards in one game and was banned for 13 games that was sort of different to Jim?

Goodwin and Aber in the same sentence is insulting. Goodwin couldn't lace Billy's boots. Not in the same league.

They were both the captain when we won our last major cups, it is right and proper to name them in the same sentence.

Edited by Kendo

You mean that when Aber got 3 yes 3 red cards in one game and was banned for 13 games that was sort of different to Jim?

Abers 3 red card game was a one off and IIRC he was transfer listed in the wake on that incident. Goodwin has been caught using his elbows a few times now and overall his poor disciplinary record has required him to be substituted for his own good on other occasions as well reducing his availability for selection.

Abers 3 red card game was a one off and IIRC he was transfer listed in the wake on that incident. Goodwin has been caught using his elbows a few times now and overall his poor disciplinary record has required him to be substituted for his own good on other occasions as well reducing his availability for selection.

A one off incident, ha ha ha. Why did he call his book Abers gonnie get you?

I take it the fans who are slating Goodwin think we should terminate his contract?

At the clubs (and squads) expense...?

There should be no added financial expense, surely it's possible to fire someone for misconduct. The squad may be an issue, but you can't protect and pay a thug just because it may leave you a bit light.

There's three major honours in Scotland, that's one of them. Apologies if these facts don't suit your agenda.

I don't have an agenda, aside from denying blinkered bullshit. Historically there were three major trophies, one has been watered down by the European slot being removed. The press only deem it major because the Old Firm are in it, same way they suddenly gave a f**k about the lower leagues when Rangers dropped down.

There should be no added financial expense, surely it's possible to fire someone for misconduct. The squad may be an issue, but you can't protect and pay a thug just because it may leave you a bit light.

There's absolutely no way getting a retrospective red card would constitute misconduct.

Do you think we should fire him?

I don't have an agenda, aside from denying blinkered bullshit. Historically there were three major trophies, one has been watered down by the European slot being removed. The press only deem it major because the Old Firm are in it, same way they suddenly gave a f**k about the lower leagues when Rangers dropped down.

There are 3 major trophies in Scotland. If you win all 3 you win the treble. I thought the press coverage of our win was excellent. Live coverage of semi and final on radio and tv, back pages of the papers across the nation... What more do you want?

It seems to me your agenda is clearly to belittle Jim Goodwin and his captaining of us to glory.

Have you said on this forum before today that the league cup wasn't a major trophy? If so, when?