The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

I didn't think the players listened to him last season, I had sat in the stand and heard both Lewis Guy and Thommo tell him to f$£k off, you don't do that to someone who has your respect. I'll give the trip to Inverness a miss...

He's not got the respect of the fans either , I've sat in the stands and heard everyone around about me tell him to "F**k Off".

Or abuse them by referring to them as keyboard warriors and knicker wetters.

Ach FFS how precious do you want to get? lol.giflol.gif

You call that abuse? After what the directors and Tommy have been getting?

Know what this sounds like?

"Mammy? I told that man to f**k off and he's ignoring me now. It's no fair. WAAAAAAAAAAAA!".

Tommy's perfectly entitled not to address those who have been giving him personal abuse. The problem for him and the club is that there are many who haven't and wouldn't give him personal abuse, but still don't believe that he's the man for the job or that he will be able to turn things around. Therefore, by not answering the question re if he's got a message for those who don't believe in him, he's seen to be snubbing a fair amount of the core support.

This is an absolute mess, and a difficult one to resolve. No-one wins when it's fans v BoD/manager, and that's where we're heading towards.

Tommy's perfectly entitled not to address those who have been giving him personal abuse. The problem for him and the club is that there are many who haven't and wouldn't give him personal abuse, but still don't believe that he's the man for the job or that he will be able to turn things around. Therefore, by not answering the question re if he's got a message for those who don't believe in him, he's seen to be snubbing a fair amount of the core support.

This is an absolute mess, and a difficult one to resolve. No-one wins when it's fans v BoD/manager, and that's where we're heading towards.

If sold, could be ex BOD/manager.

I didn't think the players listened to him last season, I had sat in the stand and heard both Lewis Guy and Thommo tell him to f$£k off, you don't do that to someone who has your respect. I'll give the trip to Inverness a miss...

Lewis Guy told Tommy to f**k off last season? Was Tommy f**king up Carlisle's tactics as well?

I agree, if folk have gone too far and abused TC he has a right react. However, the interview goes to fans, those at the game, those that did or didn't abuse him, those that work on matchdays, those who had family commitments on matchdays etc etc TC has to speak for himself and the players, presenting this aggressive air does neither him or the club any credit.

Looked like yesterday players,were t taking any notice of Craig's instructions clearly players got no faith in him hes lost dressing room

I've just seen a post on Facebook from a former youth coach that suggests the same thing. Don't know if he was let go by the club or something but his post is scathing on the club since changes were made this year.

If the club seen what he was implying I think he would be asked to retract it

I agree, if folk have gone too far and abused TC he has a right react. However, the interview goes to fans, those at the game, those that did or didn't abuse him, those that work on matchdays, those who had family commitments on matchdays etc etc TC has to speak for himself and the players, presenting this aggressive air does neither him or the club any credit.

I think both the above posts are perfectly reasonable.

The problem is that the vocal minority who are giving him abuse have stolen the agenda for their own childish petulance.

That's what I'm having a go at.

People are quite within their rights to be unhappy but that's not what we are seeing here when Tommy and the board are being abused.

The problem is that the vocal minority who are giving him abuse have stolen the agenda for their own childish petulance.

That's what I'm having a go at.

People are quite within their rights to be unhappy but that's not what we are seeing here when Tommy and the board are being abused.

What agenda have they stolen?

What are we seeing here, that's not people who are unhappy?

Sorry if I've missed something, but I thought fans were unhappy with the job Tommy Craig is doing and are venting their frustration at him... And at the board for appointing him whilst refusing to interview any of the (minimum) 50 applicants.

What agenda have they stolen?

What are we seeing here, that's not people who are unhappy?

Sorry if I've missed something, but I thought fans were unhappy with the job Tommy Craig is doing and are venting their frustration at him... And at the board for appointing him whilst refusing to interview any of the (minimum) 50 applicants.

When Davie Moyes got his La Liga job he called upon one of the applicants to be his assistant coach. Couldn't get an interview at St. Mirren however. I'm sure Moyes had a few options on who he took...

I've just seen a post on Facebook from a former youth coach that suggests the same thing. Don't know if he was let go by the club or something but his post is scathing on the club since changes were made this year.

If the club seen what he was implying I think he would be asked to retract it

Mark Blakey by any chance.whistling.gif

I know, you would think that with us fans not allowed an opinion that they would just all sit and gently applaud the work of a genius

Before going home and avoiding twitter, facebook and this forum. Where else do you walk up to a counter, pay money then say "spend it however you like, hell take some yourself, I'll just sit over here expecting nothing".

I must admit though, I would applaud a genius. Sadly, Tommy Craig is far far faaaar removed from genius.

sorry but the BOD are not getting any more off my cash ,

they made there decision

i have made mine

either they sell up or Tommy

GOES

pretty sure the board will sell up asap but thankfully they remain to be showing good intentions for the clubs future by not selling to buyers who would be bad for the club,just take a look up paisley road west to see what happens when dodgy buyers are given the reins.

I dont think you'll see TC walking away any time soon and there's no spare cash floating around to buy him out, the budget for the season is set and if you give him what he's due then you have nothing to pay a new manager with (for the next 18 months), and i include any current players/coaches in that,because they would not likely take the job without a rise in salary.

Of course it's everyones right to spend their money where they wish,not going back is denying the club vital cash,which in a round about way makes paying off the manager less likely,thats a bit far fetched though as it would take a massive increase in season ticket buyers plus extra pay on the day fans to raise anywhere near what the cost would be.

New buyers moving in and using their own cash to pay off whoever they don't want is the only way i see us getting a new manager.

Tommy is trying to hoodwink the fans by paying us lip-service to buy himself some `calm time` over December.

However , he has effectivley been given licence to lose as many as he likes as he was told `carry on` its business as usual.

quoted on BBC -

Tommy Craig's Buddies have started the season poorly and the manager revealed he should be able to bolster his squad in the January transfer window.

"If we can earmark players in certain positions I'm sure the board will give me the go-ahead to pursue them," he told BBC Scotland.

"A centre half would be the order of the day, another forward who can put the ball in the back of the net would be nice, and who knows, a midfielder. So you're looking at the three departments."

"A centre half would be the order of the day, another forward who can put the ball in the back of the net would be nice, and who knows, a midfielder. So you're looking at the three departments."[/size][/font][/color]

I wouldn't be too confident of that if I was him, he's already signed 3 shit strikers, does he honestly think the board will give him money to sign another one?

I wouldn't be too confident of that if I was him, he's already signed 3 shit strikers, does he honestly think the board will give him money to sign another one?

Thing is... with the midfield effectively having to protect a shit defence, we could have Ronaldo and Ronaldhino up front and make them look shit!!!

How many "shit" players have we got rid of only to see them be star turns elsewhere?

I refuse to judge any of the three strikers as long as they are playing for a clueless manager and in front of a shambolic defence.

I wouldn't trust him with anymore signings, his signings have been woeful.

Any funds that are available should go towards bringing in a manager that knows what he is doing.

Thing is... with the midfield effectively having to protect a shit defence, we could have Ronaldo and Ronaldhino up front and make them look shit!!!

How many "shit" players have we got rid of only to see them be star turns elsewhere?

I refuse to judge any of the three strikers as long as they are playing for a clueless manager and in front of a shambolic defence.

Is it unfair to say that TC thinks the strikers can play well because he sees them training versus our defence? Likewise, our defence could look okay in training due to them being up against our strikers.

Can you name these 'shit' players who we have got rid of that have turned into star turns elsewhere?