The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

There is more than Tommy Craig at fault. I have only been to 2 games at SMP this season and have never seen any St Mirren side in the last 40 years play in front of such an apathetic home support. There is no passion off the park and the players look like rabbits in the headlights. Perhaps that's why they are getting better results away from home? Fans around me last week were waiting for the worst from long before kick off. The only passion was when they equalised before returning to general apathy. Perhaps it's just our time to go down this season. It is not, by a long way, the worst Saints side I've seen. In the 70s there were sides that did well to draw with the likes of Stenhousemuir. I just detect a real gloom around the club and reluctantly, I think a new manager may lift the mood

Has to go. I won't be back until he is. Today was the straw that broke the camels back.

The BoD have to take responsibility. It was an absoloute joke to employ TC as the manager. They deserve praise for what they have done for the club in the past, but now as a debt free club, we are going backwards instead of forwards. A prime example of this - why have we not tried to get sponsorship for the stadium? Surley that would be an extra player every season?

TC is a joke. The BoD said budget was reduced by one player. If you take away some of the duds we've had the past few years (Bahoken etc) TC must have a bigger budget than DL had last season. Not one of his signings (apart from Plummer) has done anything worthy.

His first act in the role was to appoint Jim Goodwin, a thug, who has been outed many time on TV for his behaviour as his assistant/coach. This man is now serving a four match ban.

He has absoloutely no tactical awareness, it wasn't until a Q&A with fans that we actually started doing things differently with regards to set pieces.

I can't remember the last time we had an injury list as bad as we do. Coinsidence or just poor old school training by TC?

The whole of this season he has banged on about not being able to score goals. Has he forgot about our absoloute rotten defence that has needed fixing for the past several years.... when he has been here!

I'm sick of it all. Sick of the club being ran the way it is, and sick of the manager.

[email protected] - Should disgruntled fans email the club as opposed to hoping they see what is posted on here ?

It`s okay to boo at the final whistle , but I`d encourage people to email the club with a good old rant and let them know how they feel.

I've already tweeted Stewart Gilmour after the game to express my discontent with how things are going.. He probably won't bother to read it but what else can I do? I love the club and see it in falling to pieces in front of me.. What else can a fan do? It's don't to Mr Gilmour to fix this mess before it's too late. If we are relegated, we will be down for a good few years... It's sad but I will always support my club! It's just getting to the stage this season where you just expect defeat and that's not good enough IMO!!

I've already tweeted Stewart Gilmour after the game to express my discontent with how things are going.. He probably won't bother to read it but what else can I do? I love the club and see it in falling to pieces in front of me.. What else can a fan do? It's don't to Mr Gilmour to fix this mess before it's too late. If we are relegated, we will be down for a good few years... It's sad but I will always support my club! It's just getting to the stage this season where you just expect defeat and that's not good enough IMO!!

I've sent a few emails this season, not one reply which actually doesn't bother me.

The fact they received it was more important.

If a few thousand emails were to arrive with people sharing their concerns , could they stay silent ?

To be fair to Gilmour, if you directly contact him he will get in touch.

He called me last year regarding concerns I had about Lennon. He gave me his telephone number a few weeks ago after I had a rant on Twitter.

I respect Mr Gilmour, he has been excellent for our club.

Great dignity, avoiding knee jerk reactions, steadfast and does have the clubs interests truly at heart.

I do think it's time though for those responsible to relieve Tommy of his duties.

I do think it's time though for those responsible to relieve Tommy of his duties.

They won't because it'll cost them.

Which makes you wonder what they were smoking when they thought that a 2 year deal for an unproven auld fud was a good idea.

Sack the manager, BoD take a grip , players get motivated , fans get behind the team ???? FFs I'm amazed that anyone at this stage can say where we are is a surprise. .....the writing has been on the wall for several years now,

The moment no interested third party came forward with an acceptable offer for St Mirren FC was a bad sign.............. three plus years for sale I think says it all.................

For me the ultimate display of our ongoing ineptitude is that we lose the services of a 36 yo striker , and we lump all our failings and dire position on his injury plagued absence.................. seriously, are we that bereft of options ?

No question, unless there a remarkable upturn in fortune and a plan in place, supported by a new direction we are undeniably down this season. The biggest shame is that it's obvious to so many now, who needs play offs and that end of season fear....we'll be down well before any split.

The club is utterly impotent at present, and it is so clear to all , supporters, opposition, the media....the club is a dead man walking !!!!

Sack the manager, BoD take a grip , players get motivated , fans get behind the team ???? FFs I'm amazed that anyone at this stage can say where we are is a surprise. .....the writing has been on the wall for several years now,

The moment no interested third party came forward with an acceptable offer for St Mirren FC was a bad sign.............. three plus years for sale I think says it all.................

For me the ultimate display of our ongoing ineptitude is that we lose the services of a 36 yo striker , and we lump all our failings and dire position on his injury plagued absence.................. seriously, are we that bereft of options ?

No question, unless there a remarkable upturn in fortune and a plan in place, supported by a new direction we are undeniably down this season. The biggest shame is that it's obvious to so many now, who needs play offs and that end of season fear....we'll be down well before any split.

The club is utterly impotent at present, and it is so clear to all , supporters, opposition, the media....the club is a dead man walking !!!!

One look at our subs bench today suggests that we are. Completely. It was a bench full of untried kids and that left us with no plan B to try and change things.

Even if we had the services of the likes of Plummer, Thommo, Wylde, Osbourne etc does Craig have the managerial nous to get the best out of them? Short answer is no.

Time up. Should never have been appointed.

And whilst we are at it...

How long is Stewart Gilmour going to bask in the glory and safety of being "the man that saves Saints"?

Just go Stewart.

Thanks, and all that... but you are now asphyxiating our club with your apathy and inactivity which has now permeated every level!!!

Go. Please.

It's no secret that once upon a time I'd have been delighted to see Gilmour go, but my view has changed. Frankly I'd be more than happy to see Gilmour and his consortium cohorts stuck with a bunch of worthless shares in a club plunging down the leagues. It would serve them all right after they banded together to try to inflate the amount of money they could get for the club. It would serve them right for blocking SMiSA's attempts to buy shares in the club and to give the fans a voice. It would serve them right for knocking back a sensible bid from 10000Hours. It would serve them right for trying to tell fans that St Mirren should vote to place Sevco in the top flight of Scottish Football. It would serve them right for telling fans to lay off SFL Chairmen for fear one of them might have a heart attack, only for the Chairman to come out with a ridiculous and shameful attack on them all when they refused to vote to parachute Sevco into the Second tier of Scottish Football. It would serve them right for failing to give Lennon an opportunity to say goodbye to the support, and for failing to give the fans of the club an opportunity to show their gratitude to a man that won them the Scottish League Cup. It would serve them right for the disgraceful way they handled the Tom Hendrie sacking and it would serve them right for inflicting John Coughlin and Tommy Craig on St Mirren fans everywhere.

The league position might not suggest it, but Gilmour has been killing the club softly for well over a decade. it would be fitting if the chickens came home to roost.

Have to agree there , Ball and Marwood are exceptional players who just need time to fit in to Tommy's style of play. Osborne justs needs a bit of a rest a few more weeks and he will be ready to go.

I reckon we will finish 7th smile.png

13 games should be long enough for a team to `gel`, football isw a results game and tommy isnt getting them so bye bye tommy craig. id say it has been fun but it has been pure and utter drudgery and torture.

thanks for nothing.

today the team put loads of effort into the game , but the reality was it was a reserve team due to injuries and suspensions , its hard to criticise the manager because he didn,t have a massive budget and we have been unlucky with injuries .

Should we go down , I think its good that we don,t have any players on silly contracts

Also we have a few young players getting better every week

So in the big picture things aren,t all bad

Just a pity we have to watch games , where we don,t seem to be getting the breaks

There is more than Tommy Craig at fault. I have only been to 2 games at SMP this season and have never seen any St Mirren side in the last 40 years play in front of such an apathetic home support. There is no passion off the park and the players look like rabbits in the headlights. Perhaps that's why they are getting better results away from home? Fans around me last week were waiting for the worst from long before kick off. The only passion was when they equalised before returning to general apathy. Perhaps it's just our time to go down this season. It is not, by a long way, the worst Saints side I've seen. In the 70s there were sides that did well to draw with the likes of Stenhousemuir. I just detect a real gloom around the club and reluctantly, I think a new manager may lift the mood

fans fear the worst because they have paid there hard earned cash and the worse than poor standard of football has become the norm this season.

According to Macausland on BBC before the game thommo is out for the season. So where will goals come from? Apparently gilmour offered to pay McFadean himself but Craig refused to take him. Well Mr Gilmour you have cash to pay a player?? Use it to pay another manager and stick Craig on gardening leave please