The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

What we would we be thanking him for? 1 point at home? A lucky spell of three games where we got 7 of our 8 points? Or, for signing a bunch of piss poor ( and I can't justify - forward/striker ) goal scoring machines?

Agree with Thommo though, he couldn't be blamed if/when we drop.

Yes you would, but football managers get paid out for being failures. Why they don't operate under the same rules as any other employee is beyond me.

Well, I for one won't be there. My brother who was a regular, no games this season. My friend, another lifelong bud has been to 2 games max. The 'loyal' ex-season ticket holders are drifting away and that cannot be good. I only go to get away from the Mrs (misses), a saturday at home begins to look more appealing the longer TC remains.

Same here. Regulars I know are dropping off, mates aren't wanting to come any more. Even in the bad days of Gus when we didn't score, we fought, competed and could keep clean sheets.

I didn't go to the Dunfermline game and I can tell you I'll not be at the Inverness game. I'm not paying more cash to watch such poor stuff.

Not long until Christmas now. Even the most patient supporters reckoned Christmas was a natural point to review TC's performance so far if we wanted to make sure he was given a reasonable length of time to show what he could do and not just bumped because of a bad start or one bad run of results. I think there are very few people saying he should get a full season at the helm no matter what performances and results are like and if the TC average stats continue on their normal trajectory.

Not long until Christmas now. Even the most patient supporters reckoned Christmas was a natural point to review TC's performance so far if we wanted to make sure he was given a reasonable length of time to show what he could do and not just bumped because of a bad start or one bad run of results. I think there are very few people saying he should get a full season at the helm no matter what performances and results are like and if the TC average stats continue on their normal trajectory.

Ross County finished above us last season and still got shot of that wee weasel after a poor start to this season , while our board in what must have been a mad moment handed a 2 year contract to an unproven 63 year old we are now seeing what trying to save money does , this will cost the club big either way pay him off its 1 and a half years wages , move him to the side to do what? , get a new manager that means another wage . One thing for sure is that if things are left as is we are relegated and we wont be back or a few years.

Ross County finished above us last season and still got shot of that wee weasel after a poor start to this season , while our board in what must have been a mad moment handed a 2 year contract to an unproven 63 year old we are now seeing what trying to save money does , this will cost the club big either way pay him off its 1 and a half years wages , move him to the side to do what? , get a new manager that means another wage . One thing for sure is that if things are left as is we are relegated and we wont be back or a few years.

Never understood why someone sacked should be compensated for failure. As much as it is a decision to remove someone, it must be more critical that that decision is followed by the 'right' person coming in. The BOD would need to have someone in mind as time marches on and the transfer market in Jan will need to bring in a number of players to shore up our key deficiencies. Somehow I believe our Board will realise that Tommy can not be trusted with any more money.

I suppose it's hard to be sure they've failed at this stage in the season. Look what Adams did a few seasons ago, rock bottom around December time and led them to a top 6 finish.

Was that not a season where a lot of the teams were separated by a handful of points and where there wasn't a big gap between the bottom of the bottom 6 and say, 5th place in the run in to the split? Heading in towards the split was it not mathematically possible with 1 game to go that St Mirren could have made top 6 if results went our way even though we were sitting 10th or 11th. Ross County also had a few games in hand as they sat rock bottom in December.

C'mon Stewart, this is our 9th consecutive season in the top flight. It's a decent run for a team like us, in fact it's a great run for a team like us.

It will inevitably come to an end at some point, but don't let it be like this - with a miserable whimper and a barely noticeable shrug.

Surely we're better than that - give us a chance. Bring in someone who knows how to manage a football team and can squeeze something out of the players we have.

Someone who can give us something that we, as fans, can get behind. If we are going to go down at least lets us have our pride intact. Carrying on as we are just now is just throwing in the towel, after 9 years, that's not enough - we need more; anyone would.

I am a season ticket holder and it breaks my heart 2 say 4 the first time a wont be back while Tommy Craig is in charge. It's not Tommy's fault he took the job on but they got rid of Danny Lennon because they wanted something different which is fair enough but to bring his number two in was not only the cheap option but a recipe for worse football than we had previously.

We need a leader IMO we have brought through too many youngsters at the one time and played played some of the worst football ave ever seen. Please do us a massive favour BoD save our season and appoint a new manager who can keep us up before it's too late

C'mon Stewart, this is our 9th consecutive season in the top flight. It's a decent run for a team like us, in fact it's a great run for a team like us.

It will inevitably come to an end at some point, but don't let it be like this - with a miserable whimper and a barely noticeable shrug.

Surely we're better than that - give us a chance. Bring in someone who knows how to manage a football team and can squeeze something out of the players we have.

Someone who can give us something that we, as fans, can get behind. If we are going to go down at least lets us have our pride intact. Carrying on as we are just now is just throwing in the towel, after 9 years, that's not enough - we need more; anyone would.

I have agreed with most here, but why is it a great run? We have showed with a League Cup win what we can achieve, also a LC final appearance, this is surely where Saints are, a SPL, albeit bottom 6 club. We are not Dumferline or Morton or even Falkirk? Why in Nov should we even talk about going down with pride. I will answer all of the above, its not TC, DL GM, JC or even TH its a BOD who delivered in 2009 and have been on the retreat ever since, starving the club of league, consistency with a string of poor appointments, fact is DL at least brought in good loans, terrible manager though, basically out his depth, the squad that did so well by winning LC has been ripped apart, and we keep thugs and mugs. TC has no clue, but he has a 2 year contract, the BOD thought hmmm this means we don't even need to interview, basically they are disengaged. So by their reckoning, now get shot of TC, JG and GT and apt Thommo and bring in a cheap God, maybe Fergie fancies a new challenge lol

Now that The Board appear to have been in slumbers for the past week are they finally going to realise the perilous position we are in and finally remove our totally incompetent manager and replace him with someone who can take us into a new direction which was their remit in the first place.

the board will be thinking what to get the family for Xmas, petrol is down in price, Scots look good for France, and War Horse on telly last night or Iam a Celeb recorded, they stopped thinking about a team that plays in Paisley 5 years ago

At this stage, we have had a fortnight to analyse what is going wrong and maybe put some of it right. We now have an away game at Hamilton where we are not expected to do well and a cup-tie the following week. It might be more reliant on luck than anything else, but if we can turn these two ties around and get some success (2 draws would do me) then that might be a springboard for the next couple of months. We could maybe re-appraise things in January, i dont think TC is the man for the job but we are clearly stuck with him so we may as well get behind the players and take it from there.

talk of petitons and of the protest is undignified and the sort of caper we should leave to less classy clubs. The only thing that is for sure is that any sort of improvement will owe more to calm heads and steady nerves than it will to a baying mob. Bad as it is, we are still not in the last-chance saloon

yes the club might have no money to pay off T.C ,but when crowds drop further that will cost us more in the long run ,as its harder to get these fans back ,and the loss in revenue and team support will suffer.and the following years playing budget ,so round and round it goes,

time is running out ....

Just had a read through the Annual Report and we really need to keep the fans onside!....... and like or not they are voting with their feet due to the shambolic performances under TC .Even season ticket holders are staying away!

I won't make the meeting next Wednesday but it should be interesting to say the least?

Tommy Craig will go down as 1 of the worst appointments ever at the club.

Nothing but a cheap and lazy appointment.

Tommy Craig will go down as 1 of the worst appointments ever at the club.

Nothing but a cheap and lazy appointment.

Far from being cheap this could be the most expensive appointment ever.

Lost revenue, cost to replace him and his background team and possible loss of league status.

Can they afford to keep him? That is the ridiculous situation that the board now find themselves in.

Everyone can see we are a sinking ship yet the board continue to bury there heads in the sand and hope for some miraculous recovery that isn't going to happen, the situation is going to get worse the longer they leave it.

We have got ourselves into a terrible mess indeed.