The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

is Thommo not out injured for the season, we go on about our injury list or how unlucky we are to have experienced players injured

we are kidding ourselves on as per below,

we have McGinn injured - teenager and not a seasoned pro

Plummer injured - teenager - first year playing first team football

Wylde Injured - not exactly set the heather on fire for us.

Osbourne injured - the same as Wylde

Thommo - 36 , done nothing this season

Goodwin - dont believe he will play again for us this season.

the squad is not good enough,

if thommo is out for the season, then we cannot free up that wage as he is contracted to end of season

Goodwin - if he does not play again this season then we still have to pay his as coach, so another wage that is not freed up.

54 new posts, and I've not read 1 of them.

Do you want us to become the club who sacks a manager after 12 games?

I don't, what a dangerous precedent to set.

If the next manager has a poor first 12, do we sack him too? Where does it end? That's not who we are, that's not who we should (or will) become.

Time up. Should never have been appointed.

And whilst we are at it...

How long is Stewart Gilmour going to bask in the glory and safety of being "the man that saves Saints"?

Just go Stewart.

Thanks, and all that... but you are now asphyxiating our club with your apathy and inactivity which has now permeated every level!!!

Go. Please.

that would be me

think u misunderstood though

i always knew that Craig was an idiot

Lennon would have done better with jenkins

By all accounts TC is a fantastic coach but as a manager he simply has not got it.

I would love to see Coyle with Thommo as his number 2 and being groomed as his successor and if they want keep Teale/Goodwin as player coaches then so be it.

From a financial point of view it is crucial we stay up this season as Hearts & Rangers are destined to be in the top flight next season

If the next manager has a poor first 12, do we sack him too? Where does it end? That's not who we are, that's not who we should (or will) become.

A far more dangerous precedent would be to hold onto a manager who's out of his depth ,just to save money , rather than the club. He cant possibly survive much longer.

The three of us travel through from West Lothian have a nice lunch in Paisley take up our seats in the Main Stand then our day is ruined once again.Can't remember when we last one a home league match. We are awful our signings close season have been awful. The good players allowed to leave was a disgrace.Tommy I don't want you at our club past Monday. Thank you but your appointment was a complete nonsense by our BOD and I am sure they now realise that. If not I am absolutely staggered.

if thommo is out for the season, then we cannot free up that wage as he is contracted to end of season

Goodwin - if he does not play again this season then we still have to pay his as coach, so another wage that is not freed up.

Thommo is back in December maybe just before.

Goodwin like it or not will be back in the team. Hopefully with his elbows tucked well into his sides

McGinn should be back for the Hamilton game as should Osborne.

Still this will not help as long as Tommy Craig is leading the team. Very nice guy , good coach but never a manager , you need a bit of luck in management Tommy has never had that luck the board have made a real cock-up here. If anything gives me hope it's the fact the club is for sale Stuart Gilmour and the rest can not afford for the club to be relegated otherwise the share value will drop dramatically.

If we go down I will not renew my season ticket for next season. Will pick and choose what games to attend , I'm sure there will be quite a few fans the same.

Move Tommy on before it's too late.

I would agree with you if he had simply come in from the outside to take the job. Unfortunately, he has been here for years and thus should be up to speed on what we had and what we needed for this season. He has failed to strengthen the squad and, notwithstanding injuries to a couple of key players, appears at a loss to motivate what he has. A decent coach perhaps but as a manager?

If it was a new manager who came in and was not promoted from within and was trying to put his stamp on the team that different TC has been there for 3yr and when given his chance the football has got worse

By all accounts TC is a fantastic coach but as a manager he simply has not got it.

I would love to see Coyle with Thommo as his number 2 and being groomed as his successor and if they want keep Teale/Goodwin as player coaches then so be it.

From a financial point of view it is crucial we stay up this season as Hearts & Rangers are destined to be in the top flight next season

No chance of Coyle ruled himself out of the Motherwell job last night on the telly on the lines they couldn't afford him

Why o why the 2 year deal given to Craig the first place

No chance of Coyle ruled himself out of the Motherwell job last night on the telly on the lines they couldn't afford him

Why o why the 2 year deal given to Craig the first place

Correct 6 month deal should have been offered if we were keeping it cheap. Do better than Danny and get a 12 month extension. Fail and thanks but no thanks. Everyone's a winner. Biggest and untimely mistake from a board who have without doubt been good for the club

Lol. Coyle our

Next manager

Just shows how clueless folk are he was on over 1 million a year. Is he really going to accept 80 to 100 k. A year no chance

He won't command that again considering he has been sacked from two English Championship side and he has a fantastic relationship with big Thommo. Could give him a platform to get the job he has always wanted that being the Celtic job. With those previous salary he ain't short a bob or two

Lol. Coyle our

Next manager

Just shows how clueless folk are he was on over 1 million a year. Is he really going to accept 80 to 100 k. A year no chance

You are probably right. What is he currently earning? That's right, he is out of work and have not seen his name mentioned for any bigger jobs. I hear Billy Davies mentioned as a possible candidate for Motherwell. Seriously, do you think that is anymore credible than Coyle? Also, exactly what has Coyle achieved with a lot more money?

If it was a new manager who came in and was not promoted from within and was trying to put his stamp on the team that different TC has been there for 3yr and when given his chance the football has got worse

correct. There is no discipline in this squad and the players are doing whatever they want. The three guys in charge were DL's right hand man, his first lieutenant and his most senior player, there was rumours about the dressing room being 'lost' etc and senior players 'being in charge'. I didn't believe any of it was true until our recent management team was promoted to their current jobs. It's a bit like the godfather when Michael was told that his true enemy was still to reveal himself etc, I reckon wee Danny's has finally revealed themselves. Basically we all know TC isn't the answer, his team has no discipline.

I think you need to get your head out the clouds Top Cap... Tommy isn't the man to lead us forward, even the most deluded fan knows this.

If it's not broke don't fix it... It's well and truly broke so I beg the BOD to so the decent thing and fix it!

I think you need to get your head out the clouds Top Cap... Tommy isn't the man to lead us forward, even the most deluded fan knows this.

If it's not broke don't fix it... It's well and truly broke so I beg the BOD to so the decent thing and fix it!

[email protected] - Should disgruntled fans email the club as opposed to hoping they see what is posted on here ?

It`s okay to boo at the final whistle , but I`d encourage people to email the club with a good old rant and let them know how they feel.

Bummer about and millen. However , I do wish Craig would just f**k off. Watching St mirren is hard enough at the best of times this season is hard work. Like many season books. Yeah spent the money. A sunk cost. I can easily fill my Saturday's and not fall out with my wife. Currently a real toss up between Craig and coughlin to decide who's the worst manager.

What a shite season so far I must admit that the only game I have attended so far was the Renfrewshire Cup Final and you could see then that the standard of football was going to be very poor and that we would struggle to score. As the season has progressed it would seem that the not so mighty saints are f**ked big style and looking certain to drop down at the end of this season. Should we change the manager or is it to late already and that whoever came in in place of Wee Tam will inherit a very average squad of players with a very small budget if any budget at all to make changes and bring in fresh players in January. Good luck to the B.OD with that decision.