The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

Yes, and the change either made it worse (Hibs) or made no difference at all in every occasion.

To compare, if you take the team who avoided relegation by one spot since we have been promoted only two of them changed manager during that season, Hibs and Kilmarnock. A small fraction compared to the teams who were relegated. On both of those occasions 11th and 12th were occupied by teams who had changed manager.

The evidence clearly suggests that changing your manager during the season increases your chance of relegation.

How can anyone prove anything like that? Unless you've inherited a tardus you cannot know what WOULD have happened to those teams if no change were made.

Evidence? Nonmsense more like!

Edited by stlucifer

How can anyone prove anything like that? Unless you've inherited a tardus you cannot know what WOULD have happened to those teams if no change were made.

Evidence? Nonmsense more like!

What's a tardus? :lol:

If you can't accept the evidence fair enough. It clearly shows that keeping your manager - as we have always did and have always stayed up - increases your chances of survival. I'm sure I could do the same with the EPL and other leagues too. Last season Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham were relegated. Guess what? They all changed manager during the season too.

Which isn't a surprise really. Any manager coming in during the season is going to struggle to make much of a positive impact as he will be hamstrung with transfers etc.

This particular thread will be in meltdown for next fortnight if we don't win today. Thistle at home for any St Mirren team especially with them being on the average side this season is a must win. Time for the team to stand up and get a much needed home win. I think we will win today.

This particular thread will be in meltdown for next fortnight if we don't win today. .

If you're using the term "meltdown" to describe a situation where a lot of people express their opinion that our manager isn't very good at his job and that subsequently we're a very poor football team, that is in real danger of getting relegated, then I believe you are correct.

Last season Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham were relegated. Guess what? They all changed manager during the season too.

And so did Sunderland, Crystal Palace, West Brom, Swansea, Spurs & Man Utd, yet they stayed up.

Teams usually change manager when the board feel the team is underperforming. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Personally, I think we're underperforming since we're sitting 11th in the table & deservedly so.

We will definitely be relegated under TC. We might get relegated if we sack him. No brainer, he has to go. Unlikely he will go willingly as hes likely to use excuses such as injuries, suspensions blah blah.Games such as today's are the ones we would turn up in and win. Not anymore. When teams like thistle and Ross county are swanning off with points then we really do need a change.

I think folk need to calm down.

We have a few injury problems and its a young side.

Tommy Craig is a quality manager and his experience will tell.

Let's get behind Tommy and I'm sure it'll all come good. thumbup2.gif

Enjoy life in your bubble.

Come into the real world. We are terrible with a terrible manager.

Played 13, Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 9, Goal Difference -12 League Position 11th, ahead of Ross County on goal difference. Still bags of time for things to slide and deteriorate further. As predicted a few weeks ago we show no signs of picking up many points and Ross County and Mtherwell were bound to begin picking up points.

1 shot on target at home against a Partick Thistle team that Top Cat was reminding us pre-match were no great shakes and just as bad as us. 1 point from 21 at home.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

I think folk need to calm down.

We have a few injury problems and its a young side.

Tommy Craig is a quality manager and his experience will tell.

Let's get behind Tommy and I'm sure it'll all come good. :thumbs2

I was behind you until your third sentence. I will have whatever you are taking if you really think Tommy is a quality manager.

Nonsense.

Tommy has signed some good players and has blooded some youngsters.

He just needs time to get things to gel.

Keep the faith.

Have to agree there , Ball and Marwood are exceptional players who just need time to fit in to Tommy's style of play. Osborne justs needs a bit of a rest a few more weeks and he will be ready to go.

I reckon we will finish 7th :)

With the board taking the cheap option again it will get us relegated!!!

I think it's time to say bye bye Tommy surely it will cost us more if we are relegated???

The club is up for sale and if we get relegated then the club is worth less??

Fed up hearing but we have injuries!were playing good football! Be patient!

Time the Board face facts Tommy Craig is not a football manager! stick with him we will be relegated the club will be worth less and harder to sell!

The fans are furious crowds are down and the general atmosphere around the club is shit!

All football clubs get injuries the football is not any better than when Danny Lennon was our manager and talk of being patient is insulting! It could take us 10 LONG YEARS to get back to the top flight if were relegated!

The only hope for St.Mirren is a new manager!