Fan Zone At St Mirren Park This Saturday V Motherwell

TopCat

Is it sectarianism or racism when the Asian communities are fighting amongst themselves? Try living in somewhere like Hounslow or Southall in west London and try and answer that.

That's closer to where I lived than you'd believe. ohmy.png

And no I didn't see the widespread problems you are talking about.

Maybe we moved in different circles.

I'm assuming you're making allowance for young people without jobs who are hanging around street corners looking to prove their manhood.

What we have up here is deeper rooted and passed down through generations with ALL generations equally likely to be involved in it.

Hi guys. It was our band, Ten Bob Sliders, who were playing yesterday and I know a few of you were taking pictures. I tend to post such photo's - of both the band and also the audience - on our facebook page so can I ask, if you did, please send me them by e-mail to [email protected]. Much appreciated. What a great afternoon it was. I'm a former member of the fans council so I know how much work the guys do so hats off to Alan Wardrop, Eric Crossan and the rest of the council for putting on a terrific event.

As a fans councillor I was well chuffed how it went today, It also proves that you can have a drink at the ground with no problems, Im sure The Fans Council with the BOD will look at today and see the benefits of having a bar facility at the stadium, Best bit of the day was me up singing lol, Big thanks to the fans and all who worked hard to make it happen,

glad it was a full house (despite you putting folk off by singing) will there be any more ? how much profit was made ?

A few comments about it being a tent in winter. But it was a HEATED tent. There was a hotair blowing into the marquee through ducts along the back wall. Coupled to that cooking was going on and 200 bodies. Many were in t-shirts and had taken their jackets off. Any anyway its friggin Scotland - toughen up!!!

Thing is this was successful but I fir one was put off due to being a rent in winter. Just think how many we could have if we had an actual supporters club in the void.

I would def be down for twelve to watch the early kickoff few pints sonething to eat and puts money into club would be ran from fans council so sby profits go to club And have eventually supporters club leaving from the stadium for away games ideal get into bar before

The tent was actually heated inside and was actually too warm in areas , was a superb event and I hope like yourself that now the board or the future board will develop the void into a fans club

A few shots in the marquee to give an idea of what it was like. I did not have a decent camera with me so apologies for the poor quality of the images. Some shots were taken about 1ish when the place was quiet but it was full by 2pm. Great start to the game.

(And one fan stood out with his Xmas jumper on!)

post-2737-0-97994800-1419161393_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-77057700-1419161415_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-53098200-1419161435_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-02576500-1419161484_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-75371200-1419161508_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-54333200-1419161548_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-12033300-1419161607_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-24681500-1419161626_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-34697100-1419161643_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-75916900-1419161665_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-04102200-1419161680_thumb.jp

Looks great.

Getting the crowd a wee bit pished before the game will only help for atmosphere too! Good to see it isn't just a beer tent though, live music every week would be great. Get a big screen up with some of our past glories being played. Could start to make Greenhill Rd begin to feel like some kind of home at last.

Could be a decent earner to have a separate tent for the away fans. Would need to have Saints tunes getting pumped in to there too mind you.

Its being talked up at the Beeb ..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30551135

Top marks to Alan from the fan council for clearly stating that it was more than a mechanism to get alcohol on sale. Excellent words from Alan - especially highlighting that there is nothing for rank and file fans in Scotland's newest Premiership stadium.

St Mirren already pay it, The event was within St Mirren Park

Should have installed a few TVs on the walls near the food outlets in the three home stands at least then. (The club, sometime over the past five years I mean, not the fan council on Saturday!)

Could have shown Jeff Stelling's Soccer Saturday on em' as we hang about the grey breezeblock shoeboxes every second Saturday.

Edited by pozbaird

Should have installed a few TVs on the walls near the food outlets in the three home stands at least then. (The club, sometime over the past five years I mean, not the fan council on Saturday!)

Could have shown Jeff Stelling's Soccer Saturday on em' as we hang about the grey breezeblock shoeboxes every second Saturday.

This was a successful first attempt, No doubt we can improve on it Paul. But all positive ideas I will bring up at the next Fans Council meeting

That would have cost the BoD money!

Jings Poz, surely they have spent enough installing the HoF boards?

How much extra would it have cost the club to install the history of the club boards that they have in hospitality in the West Bank and Family stands?

The BOD paid for nothing on Sat, Fans Council set it up and paid for it for the benefit of the club,

Ps just to say it was the fans council xmas lottery that paid for the fans zone on Sat

Edited by santaponsasaint

I know this will come as a surprise to no one really, and its taken the fans council to get it off the ground, but a decent facility to entice all ages/sexes to pre/post match drink/food/entertainment was always in these times is a glaring miss to not have been incorporated in the stadium build.

Most people, albeit on a sliding scale have a higher disposable income, and a greater desire to have quality facilities as described above available at entertainment and shopping venues. Smisa should invest their wedge in renting out the void from the club to install a facility that can be used seven days a week, and split the proceeds between club and fan ownership/share buying pot.

If the BoD don't have the inclination in front of an open goal why not?