Butcher Or Mcall?

Butcher or McAll?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why? He has his badges. He's an ex Scotland international with contacts in England. He's regarded as a top coach by those ITK.

He's more qualified than McPherson was when he got it.

The BOD like to keep appointments in house. Teale would be my favourite if TC got sacked and I was the bookie.

No thanks to teale he ain't an influential type of guy.

No thanks to teale he ain't an influential type of guy.

Wouldn't be my choice either, let's look at the BOD's history though:

Hendrie sacked, his assistant appointed as manager.

Coughlin sacked, his assistant appointed as manager.

McPherson sacked, his assistant offered the job, Andy Millen turns it down.

DL's contract not renewed, his assistant appointment manager.

Our new manager will certainly come from in house and will likely be Teale. The two outside shouts are Thompson and Longwell.

Wouldn't be my choice either, let's look at the BOD's history though:

Hendrie sacked, his assistant appointed as manager.

Coughlin sacked, his assistant appointed as manager.

McPherson sacked, his assistant offered the job, Andy Millen turns it down.

DL's contract not renewed, his assistant appointment manager.

Our new manager will certainly come from in house and will likely be Teale. The two outside shouts are Thompson and Longwell.

I understand that, but my thoughts are no thanks.

Why are you so sure Goodwin isn't in with a shout? Not that it bothers me just like to hear your opinion.

Why? He has his badges. He's an ex Scotland international with contacts in England. He's regarded as a top coach by those ITK.

He's more qualified than McPherson was when he got it.

The BOD like to keep appointments in house. Teale would be my favourite if TC got sacked and I was the bookie.

He's got absolutely no experience just like Tommy hasn't. I don't think the BoD can take the risk of appointing Teale as manager.

You can be as qualified as you like but you still need to learn your trade, it's the same in any job.

The board wouldn't advertise the post, they dressed up a lazy / very cheap option in a continuity guise. Continuity from what.... last season's now acceptable performance!

The board wouldn't pay the money for recognised players, seemingly happy to get rid of the little talent we had.

McCall or Butcher coming here - no chance. Sad reality. We are rotting away during this sale. Simple.

I think its pretty clear that if TC goes, then its most likely Goody and Teale will get the job. Its an easy fallback for the board if it doesn't work out with Tommy.

Why anyone thinks Thompson should be in with a shout is beyond me. He was overlooked for a coaching position at a time when Goody and Teale were assigned. You would feel the club captain would have enough influence in the dressing room.

Butcher took over Hibs half way through a season and left them in a worse position, and that for me doesnt fill me with hope. McCall would quite simply be out of our price range or size of club.

We are stuck with what we have until the current board sell up. Sadly that may be too late, as the crowds drop, the clubs value drops, and the our beloved club drops into the Championship and all we have is a collection of regrets.

Edited by kevo_smfc

Either would be a huge step in the right direction. They might both have had bad runs recently, but they certainly have good track records overall. Having said that, I doubt either would be interested...if we are going to appoint a new manager, we need to do it soon. They have to have some time before the transfer window to evaluate the squad and identify players he might want to bring in.

I said it before. IF the board had any intention of throwing money at TC to rid us of him they would have done it at the start of the international break. We need to let them know we aren't standing for it by using our feet, if you pardon the pun. A boycott for the ICT game, if successful, would go a long way to letting them know their finances could be hit harder by keeping the old oaf.

I'd walk away if it was Butcher.

McCall is very unlikely to be interested... And would be too dear.

Whoever.... It WILL be a painfully expensive hit whatever and whenever it happens.

And because of that I never saw any rational reason for TC to be shunted, but even I am now seduced by the idea. :(

Yet I can't see anything happening till the BoD has already got a plan in place... tho an upcoming AGM will be sharpening their knives, I'd think.

There would be no additional cost involved if TC were re- assigned to Asst Mgr/ Coach. And i suspect if Teale and Goody get any extra for coaching its minimal so Butcher or McCall could decide to keep them coaching or see out their playing contracts.

Postioned properly I think TC would take the deal rather than face not being hired again by a pro club At his tender age. A year on year rolling contract would suit both club and either McCall/Butcher as they seek to make a name for themselves again. Rather than throwing money at their erections (tents/domes) a bit more cash for one of these guys could keep us in the league and relative financial security.

Looks like a sound investment to me and perhaps even our spendthrift BoD..?