Celtic Will Make An Offer For John Mcginn

The Sun reporting today Bolton are also looking at him and Sheffield United might rekindle their interest.

As I said:

"I`d be surprised if Neil Lennon doesnt make a move. He was a big admirer of him & has seen what he can do first hand.

Also , i think the championship would be a level which would progress John as a player. "

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

We can afford to lose McGinn if we get a decent offer. We badly need to strengthen other areas of the side so the money would help.

I'm in agreement. Either McGinn or McLean leaving will give cash in and allow a little much needed short termism to bolster the squad. I'm not sure Saints can offer a whole lot more to develop either player and we don't want to be seen as being in their road. Negotiating sell on clause would be great if the buyer allows it. Midfiled isn't our immediate challenge, Centre Forward and Centre Half needs attention

Some sort of Bolton / Sheffield 'bidding war' would work well for us. I cannot see Celtic Park as being the best place for McGinn. Walk straight into their team my arse - look at some of the names they had constantly sitting on their bench recently, or only trotted them out in League Cup games. McGinn would be the latest talent, but not top talent, that would ride pine big time.

The Hamilton Accies 'McCarthur / McCarthy' route would be far more beneficial to the player in my view.

Bolton , a half million , clean tidy offer , job done and off to a club where he'll have genuine prospects.

That's what SHOULD happen

Imagine, Neil Lennoin doing us a turn , oh the irony

whistling.gif

Lennons maybe doing us a bigger favour than he realises .

Hoping Blackburn , Wolves , Brighton , Norwich etc , are thinking Neil Lennon knows the Scottish scene well , this McGinn boy must have something , lets join in the bidding.

Some sort of Bolton / Sheffield 'bidding war' would work well for us. I cannot see Celtic Park as being the best place for McGinn. Walk straight into their team my arse - look at some of the names they had constantly sitting on their bench recently, or only trotted them out in League Cup games. McGinn would be the latest talent, but not top talent, that would ride pine big time.

The Hamilton Accies 'McCarthur / McCarthy' route would be far more beneficial to the player in my view.

The lad McGregor has been getting a regular game this season - at the expense of some of the names sitting on their bench.

If John McGinn is good enough then he will get a game.

Not sure if this is true but someone told me that John McGinn's grandfather used to be Celtic chairman.

Any truth in this?

Not sure about John either, but I have it on good authority that his brother Stephen's grandfather definitely was.

Bolton are about £170M in debt. Can't see them getting into a bidding war.

I think if we can get 250-300k with future add ons we should accept and that'll let us get in a few players.

Judging by their recent signings they have plenty of cash to chuck on wages but it's more likely McGinn's grandfather (who I believe has some connection to Celtic?) fits into the age range they are looking at.

Bolton , a half million , clean tidy offer , job done and off to a club where he'll have genuine prospects.

:whistle

:whistle