Transfer News

This seems to me to have a bit of anti old firm about it just like mo camara and McGowan who both took out of order abuse. Wylde played a huge part in keeping us up last season, let's not forget that. Our "fans" need to get a grip

Camara got abuse because he was sh*te. Nothing to do with anti-OF bias.

Edited by saint in exile

This seems to me to have a bit of anti old firm about it just like mo camara and McGowan who both took out of order abuse. Wylde played a huge part in keeping us up last season, let's not forget that. Our "fans" need to get a grip

Is there a problem with that?

Hardly, he's on a decent wage and for the same reasons other clubs have punted him, Teale is trying to move him on.

He's quite clearly lost interest and has no desire to work for a starting place now he's fit.

Nothing to do with his Old Firm past.

The only way the window closing affects us is if we are trying to sign someone on loan. There's no way we will be signing someone for a transfer fee.

If we haven't signed anyone today, we can still look at bringing in someone on a free transfer. I'm guessing there will be more trialists at the club over the next few weeks.

The only way the window closing affects us is if we are trying to sign someone on loan. There's no way we will be signing someone for a transfer fee.

If we haven't signed anyone today, we can still look at bringing in someone on a free transfer. I'm guessing there will be more trialists at the club over the next few weeks.

Only free agents like EDD or Mo Camera - that market is very much more miss than hit.

We have 2 CH's (assuming that's where JG wants to play) and 1 defensive midfielder who is semi-crocked to cover three positions that have to be filled every match, the chances of us being able to field all three in each of the remaining 13 games is practically zero. None of the existing options within the club have been successful on the park or deemed viable by either of our managers so if we don't sign a player today as cover (or even as first choice) then our chances of avoiding relegation are greatly increased.

Ive missed much of the last weeks news on signings etc but did see a bit of Dayton on tv and although he scored the winner, wasnt impressed and particularly as he couldnt even last 90 minutes - a bit like the other signing, Arquin - so wouldnt be disappointed if we dont take another chance this transfer window.

The result against Thistle was heartening, the performance much less so. I thought Goodwin had a great game but Kenny McLean was again wasteful in front of goal, perhaps he will have more success at Aberdeen in a better team.

I am also unsurprised at Gary Teale being kept on as manager until the season ends, hope it works out for him as well.

Compared to a couple of weeks ago, things dont look quite so bad and its reassuring how bad the other two teams are.

Ive missed much of the last weeks news on signings etc but did see a bit of Dayton on tv and although he scored the winner, wasnt impressed and particularly as he couldnt even last 90 minutes - a bit like the other signing, Arquin - so wouldnt be disappointed if we dont take another chance this transfer window. The result against Thistle was heartening, the performance much less so. I thought Goodwin had a great game but Kenny McLean was again wasteful in front of goal, perhaps he will have more success at Aberdeen in a better team. I am also unsurprised at Gary Teale being kept on as manager until the season ends, hope it works out for him as well. Compared to a couple of weeks ago, things dont look quite so bad and its reassuring how bad the other two teams are.

Dayton hasn't played 90 mins this season, so it's a bit much expecting him to do it in his first game for a new club. Let's see what he's like after a few games and time spent training with his new team mates.

Dayton hasn't played 90 mins this season, so it's a bit much expecting him to do it in his first game for a new club. Let's see what he's like after a few games and time spent training with his new team mates.

I`d no idea that was the case as I dont follow English lower league football, but presumably he is a reserve player there so why sign him in the first place. I could say it seems strange, but the other signing is just as bizarre so perhaps he will come good at a later date.

I`d no idea that was the case as I dont follow English lower league football, but presumably he is a reserve player there so why sign him in the first place.

Yes, this.

Why the f**k aren't we signing established first team players from south of the border with the zero money we've had for transfers for years?

So we shouldn't sign anyone then?

Did I say that?

I said players whose contracts are terminated to allow them to sign after the transfer window closes are in that position for a reason, and that they're much more likely to be a miss than a hit - do you disagree?

Now that we've sold Kenny McLean I'd rather get a CH/defensive midfielder which would give us a bit of cover at the back. Assuming we continue in a sorta 4-1-4-1 formation this would let us play Kelly-Mallan-McGinn-Dayton in midfield with Osbourne , Goodwin or even A.N.Other in the holding role and Thompson up front. we could then bring on Arquin either as a replacement for Thompson or for a midfielder if we have to push for an equalizer/winner. Obviously it's disappointing to lose KM but depending on the quality of his replacement (assuming there is one) the overall balance of the squad might be better.

I`d no idea that was the case as I dont follow English lower league football, but presumably he is a reserve player there so why sign him in the first place. I could say it seems strange, but the other signing is just as bizarre so perhaps he will come good at a later date.

The last bearded winger we signed was Ian Scanlon from Aberdeen.

Aberdeen initially signed him from a lower league English club...