Monday 5Th Of January Has To Be A Crossroads In Our Season.

I totally disagree with your post. The defence need to change.

We have not had a single clean sheet this season. In half of our games teams have scored at least 2 goals. In a quarter of our games the team has scored 3 goals or more.

We had plenty of clean sheets last season. Maybe Darren McGregor was a bigger player for us than many gave him credit for?

To have any hope of staying up we NEED at least 1 new first choice central defender.

Last season we also conceded 2 or more goals in half of our first 20 games.

last season we conceded 3 or more goals in more than a quarter of our games at the same stage.

We've only conceded only 1 more goal this season than at the same point as last season and the season before.

This season we have scored 5 less than last season and 10 less than the season before.

7 of our defeats this season have been to a 1-0 scoreline.

Our defence isn't great and does need sorting but our biggest problem in our fight for survival lies at the other end of the park.

Last season we also conceded 2 or more goals in half of our first 20 games.

last season we conceded 3 or more goals in more than a quarter of our games at the same stage.

We've only conceded only 1 more goal this season than at the same point as last season and the season before.

This season we have scored 5 less than last season and 10 less than the season before.

7 of our defeats this season have been to a 1-0 scoreline.

Our defence isn't great and does need sorting but our biggest problem in our fight for survival lies at the other end of the park.

Come on David, that's just total nonsense. how can any club expect to survive relegation

if they cant keep a clean sheet, It's basically like starting every game a goal down..

Our defence is dreadful and needs sorting, as well as the strikers position, if we've to give

ourselves any chance..

Come on David, that's just total nonsense. how can any club expect to survive relegation

if they cant keep a clean sheet, It's basically like starting every game a goal down..

Our defence is dreadful and needs sorting, as well as the strikers position, if we've to give

ourselves any chance..

I've repeatedly said our defence needs sorted but right now we need to score more goals.

We've survived season after season with this sort of defensive record but you can't all of a sudden score 10 goals less after 20 games and expect to win games.

Only 1 team in Scotland that have scored fewer goals than us and only 2 teams out of the 92 senior sides in England have a worse goals to game ratio than us.

We've failed to score in 10 of our 20 league games, 7 of these have been 1-0 defeats. Very fine margins.

The bottom line is we are shite in every department, including defence. I'm not debating that but, IMHO, bringing in 2 new centre halves won't save us unless we start score more goals, much more.

Edited by davidg

I've repeatedly said our defence needs sorted but right now we need to score more goals.

We've survived season after season with this sort of defensive record but you can't all of a sudden score 10 goals less after 20 games and expect to win games.

Only 1 team in Scotland that have scored fewer goals than us and only 2 teams out of the 92 senior sides in England have a worse goals to game ratio than us.

We've failed to score in 10 of our 20 league games, 7 of these have been 1-0 defeats. Very fine margins.

The bottom line is we are shite in every department, including defence. I'm not debating that but, IMHO, bringing in 2 new centre halves won't save us unless we start score more goals, much more.

I think defence is still priority simply because if strengthened, it woukd allow the midfield to be more offensive and creative.

As things stand, the midfield spends so much time covering for the defence that it is isolated from the forward line and unable to supply ammunition.

Start at the back and the forward deficiencies will be easier to solve.

I think defence is still priority simply because if strengthened, it woukd allow the midfield to be more offensive and creative.

As things stand, the midfield spends so much time covering for the defence that it is isolated from the forward line and unable to supply ammunition.

Start at the back and the forward deficiencies will be easier to solve.

Yet we scored much more goals the last 2 seasons?

We have deficits in every area of the park just now. Midfield is our strongest area, but I felt the game passed it by on Ne'er Day. We need an imposing figure in the middle, and while I believe Osbourne could be that player, I get the impression that he isn't 100% confident in his fitness just yet. With Goodwin deployed as a centre half, we lose his presence in the midfield. All that said, we can just about get by, though could do with more options in the wide areas.

The glaring deficiencies are clearly in central defence and up top. I wouldn't prioritise one over the other. Both need strengthened on an urgent basis if we are to have any prospect of survival.

With Goodwin deployed as a centre half, we lose his presence in the midfield.

And we've been saying this for about three years now. For three years he's been dropping in to cover our deficiencies at CH, and we've had no back-up for him to add steel to the midfield.

I just don't see how it's possible for so many people to see the same problem for so long, and for those responsible for fixing it to do nothing. It's selective myopia on a f**king world-class level.

I think we have lost more than half our games by a single goal. A decent defence would have turned many of these into draws and points on the board without a striker in our team. Thommo saved our defence last season as he could cancel out our willingness to concede every game. Without him the deficiencies are exposed.

On the other hand...

I think we have lost more than half our games by a single goal. A decent striking force would have turned many of these into draws and points on the board without shoring up the defence. Thommo saved our team last season as he could cancel out our willingness to concede every game. Without him the deficiencies are exposed.

Bottom line seems to be the forwards AND defence are kinda deficient.

And we've been saying this for about three years now. For three years he's been dropping in to cover our deficiencies at CH, and we've had no back-up for him to add steel to the midfield.

I just don't see how it's possible for so many people to see the same problem for so long, and for those responsible for fixing it to do nothing. It's selective myopia on a f**king world-class level.

That's another story

We need centre halfs and centre forwards to come in

The very basics of a team

It isn't very hard to work out

The 7th or 8th will be our crossroads, or maybe 15th or 31st, however the start of the season was our fate, we play Dons Saturday that's as loss, Both Teams around us play bottom 5 teams so something is going to give. McLeans red will not be overturned, simply cause they wont overturn two of Collums cock ups, so we will stay on 11 points.

There is obviously no urgency, the BOD saw a potential boycott of games coming up so got shot of TC , that's all. BOD don't really have a plan apart from GT getting gig. The whole thing is an insult.

I am trying hard to remain positive but apart from a victory over a total crap Dundee team performances have been poor.

We have 18 matches left BOD, we need a min of 25 points to have any chance of avoiding play offs, that's 7 or 8 wins. Lets get realistic here. Its not going to happen is it?

Oooh u got wee supporters club of ur own, that's nice for u

You're a bit like JJ on a Saturday night. At least he calms down by Sunday....Where as your breeches are well and truly caked in piss.

Not sure where your 'real fan' patter is coming from but it's a tad boring. Most fans on here are real fans and have been with the club up and down the leagues over the years.