Have Bod Chucked It

Gus McPherson and Danny Lennon had good records at keeping us up so should we appoint either of them?

I feel that Football has moved on from what a guy like Calderwood offers. Out of interest when was the last time that Calderwood kept a team up?

Id take Danny back in a heart beat. I reckon he'd know how to keep us up from this situation because he did it time and time again

But we shouldn't have been in that position.

We don't have a devine right to not be in that position though. I said at the time I thought Danny probably did enough at the end of last season by getting the players to fight for him to warrant an extension of some sort.

We don't have a devine right to not be in that position though. I said at the time I thought Danny probably did enough at the end of last season by getting the players to fight for him to warrant an extension of some sort.

Why didn't he get them to do it sooner.

Why didn't he get them to do it sooner.

Because he was being undermined by senior players with a grievance and it took him a while to adjust and learn how to tackle it.

Ironically, by the time we let him go he seemed to have learned and reinvented himself accordingly.

Just my opinion... no evidence to back it up!

At the end of the day, St Mirren is effectively the selling consortium's ba' and they don't need to let us play with it at all, but is it too much to ask that they openly engage with the support at this time? They still want us to rack up while....

The manager was bagged a month ago with no permanent appointment yet.

We are in deep relegation trouble.

Our star player at best faces a lengthy lay off.

The transfer window is open but no-one is in, plenty out though.

Press stories abound about foreign/domestic takeovers.

We haven't won a home game since nineteen-canteen.

We really are treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed shite.

At the end of the day, St Mirren is effectively the selling consortium's ba' and they don't need to let us play with it at all, but is it too much to ask that they openly engage with the support at this time? They still want us to rack up while....

That's going to be a Trivia question soon, when and who did St Mirren beat in their last home win, was it Hibees? I was there but it might have been a dream

It's ok though the BOD saved us from a conman they knew all about months ago

Pozbaird. really have to agree completely with your thoughts.Our squad is now paper thin and I read today Teale is phoning his contacts down south for loan signings so we really have no scouting network in place.What about the gems in the lower leagues here like Reilly at QOTS.We are in a total mess.

Said in another thread... Squad is threadbare but I'd rather GT took his time and got rid of those he doesn't want or need... then prioritised his signings according to need and budget.

Might be light for a few weeks.. but I can live with that to give him a fair crack at getting the right people in.

Said in another thread... Squad is threadbare but I'd rather GT took his time and got rid of those he doesn't want or need... then prioritised his signings according to need and budget.

Might be light for a few weeks.. but I can live with that to give him a fair crack at getting the right people in.

Agreed, however history tells us going back to the days of DL when he cleared the place, he forgot to replace them. I for one wouldn't hod my breath.

Agreed, however history tells us going back to the days of DL when he cleared the place, he forgot to replace them. I for one wouldn't hod my breath.

At least we surely couldn't bring in worse players this time round. Bit concerned that Gary is finding it tougher than he thought, was he not aware of the loan system and how English clubs would operate.

A few days into the widow opening and no signings , blind panic engulfs BAWA forum.

Absolutely hilarious guy's keep it up.

Players will come and go in fact one has already gone. We have to be realistic and not sign anyone just for the sake of it they have to be right. There were trials at yesterdays closed door game obviously Teale needs another look or they were not good enough.

A few days into the widow opening and no signings , blind panic engulfs BAWA forum.

Absolutely hilarious guy's keep it up.

Players will come and go in fact one has already gone. We have to be realistic and not sign anyone just for the sake of it they have to be right. There were trials at yesterdays closed door game obviously Teale needs another look or they were not good enough.

Would agree that we definitely don't want GT bringing in pish players for the sake of it, we have enough at the club already. I would have hoped the club might have started the search before now, these players should have been identified a while ago, we've been shite ALL season.

We do need to be realistic and unfortunately, the realism is that relegation looms unless drastic change is made now.

Not massively surprised that with punting Tommy Craig last month and falling attendances this season it has been a case of getting players out the door to free up some money to bring a few signings in, or with the uncertainty about club ownership and team manager issues it has proved difficult to get new players in. Realistically I expect 5 or 6 players out the door to allow us to bring 3 in. Just hope the 3 in will have some SPL / or equivalent experience and will be late 20's to early 30's.

That's going to be a Trivia question soon, when and who did St Mirren beat in their last home win, was it Hibees? I was there but it might have been a dream

Ross County in the league but, more recently, the mighty Dunfermline in the cup.

Do I win a prize? If so. Can I choose? A room in the new hotel facing away from the park please!

players out and and new players in who we hope may be here for a short enough time to make a difference to results before they too become disillusioned with our club and environment of apathy

the real problem lies in the mood throughout our club, how can any employee whether management, office staff, playing staff or even fans genuinely give their all wholeheartedly when their bosses plan A is to bail out asap and therefore sending the message to all of said employees they might be out of a job next week should an offer come in

at the very least the board should announce that even though the club is for sale and even if they accept an offer that the club will only change hands during the close season

that way it will provide everyone's focus on giving it their best shot to getting through the season, no matter how many there are between now and then.

the board and the consortium should be two completely different entities

someone should either be a board member giving their all for the benefit and the future of the club OR they dont want to be there and are a shareholder trying to get cash for their shares

ridiculously we have people who don't want to be there actually in charge

if you're part of the consortium you shouldn't be on the board and move aside for someone who really wants to be there

if you're part of the consortium you shouldn't be on the board and move aside for someone who really wants to be there

Who would cover the funding of any instance where income doesn't match expenditure? Would the new members not need majority vote to take on the role(s)? Sorry, but it's just nonsense. Fan ownership is not going to happen, with regards to the 1.5m price. So we're either left with them remaining, them working with SMISA to pass over control or them selling to the next best bid. If it all goes to shit, well we had a chance and couldn't work together as a group...actually, we couldn't take up share issues as a group either.