Recording Low Inflation

Stuart Dickson

Well Done Osbourne. The joint lowest rate of inflation on record and the lowest since 2000. Great news meaning that everyone has more money in their pockets whether it's from inflation bursting pay rises - even in the public sector - or from the fact that mortgage rates are likely to remain at the current record low for longer.

Why would anyone vote for anyone else in May?

Well Done Osbourne. The joint lowest rate of inflation on record and the lowest since 2000. Great news meaning that everyone has more money in their pockets whether it's from inflation bursting pay rises - even in the public sector - or from the fact that mortgage rates are likely to remain at the current record low for longer.

Setting aside political differences, how can this government state inflation is below 1% when Scotrail increased fares by over 3% and Virgin Media raised their costs by around 8%? Lies, damned lies and statistics spring to mind.

Great thread. Has fair cheered me up given all this talk of relegation and possibly dodgy takeovers at St Mirren.

Well done the Conservatives. I haven't felt this warm and cuddly towards them since a Yuill & Dodds lorry nearly ran into the back of me at about 50mph on the Beith Road during the miner's strike.

Because they care about standards, decency, the less fortunate..............!!! I could go on?

All the more reason to vote Tory. Labour do nothing to alleviate any of the problems you mention, in fact Labour ALWAYS f**k the economy up and leave office with unemployment higher than when they took office. Always. Without exception.

And the cost of living crisis is officially over too.

Great thread. Has fair cheered me up given all this talk of relegation and possibly dodgy takeovers at St Mirren.

Well done the Conservatives. I haven't felt this warm and cuddly towards them since a Yuill & Dodds lorry nearly ran into the back of me at about 50mph on the Beith Road during the miner's strike.

Ah yes , I remember that thundering convoy that was , Yuill & Dodds , cunts. .

All the more reason to vote Tory. Labour do nothing to alleviate any of the problems you mention, in fact Labour ALWAYS f**k the economy up and leave office with unemployment higher than when they took office. Always. Without exception.

And the cost of living crisis is officially over too.

Did you ever vote for that child-molesting c**t in your avatar. .

2% apparently, according to that nice Mark Carney chappie from the BoE. He was also quoted on the radio as saying interest rates may have to rise sooner to try and get inflation back towards 2%. Apparently inflation fuels the economy.

Yeh , these people tell you any old guff , like , "it is England's pound etc. .

As far as "recording Low Inflation " is concerned , what I want to know is who is recording , Low Inflation? Are they any good? Are they going on tour this year. .

Dear oh dear. A genuine good news story proving that the economy is under control, performing the way it should, providing the kind of stability that has created a situation where more people in Scotland and England than ever before are employed in gainful employment and getting pay rises that are above the rate of inflation. And for the first time in my lifetime we have a stable, low interest rate that encourages businesses to invest in growth and the doom and gloom Nats - who clearly haven't got a clue - attempt to down play it. How sad.

And by the way low inflation does not mean low growth. What a load of shite that comment is. rolleyes.gif Almost as ridiculous as claiming that UK borrowing comes from Premium Bonds. rolleyes.gif Want proof, just look at what happened in the UK in 1975 when we had inflation of a massive 24.11% and yet the country narrowly avoided going into recession and our GDP fell by 0.1%. In 2008 we had inflation of 3.61% in the UK but actually did go into a long and deep recession with 5 consecutive quarters of negative GDP figures. The constant in both those examples of course is that we had a UK Government led by the Labour Party.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

The proven lying bigot is all upset. 1, 2, 3 awwwwwww

C'mon folks the poor wee soul shouldn't be laughed at, he's got voices in his head telling him he's not a proven lying bigot.

Pmsl

Are you referring to me? I'm not upset in the slightest. Infact I am delighted that the UK economy is performing so well. I'm delighted 55% of Scots were sensible enough to keep Scotland part of the Union and I am delighted that we will all continue to benefit from the excellent work being done by George Osbourne in steering the UK economy through one of the most financially turbulent times in world history.

In the meantime the third country in Alex Salmonds "Arc of Prosperity" struggles with the real prospect of austerity cuts and depression in it's economy. http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/05/08/uk-norway-economy-insight-idUKKBN0DO07520140508. Still never mind. In the event that the UK election turns out close we Tories know we can count on the SNP to support us back into office. :rolleyes:

Who said low inflation means low growth?

Oaksoft - I know.....he's easy to ignore but he said it on Page 1. "Inflation this low means low growth"

As for Norway, it is struggling. The Krone has taken a battering recently - it's at it's lowest level against the US Dollar since 2002. They might not be totally f**ked but they are royally struggling

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I'll bite. Inflation is low because pay rises have been under 1% for years and oil prices are low. Public sector workers have seen their wages fall in real terms, for many years. Osborne, like yourself, is a dick

I'll bite. Inflation is low because pay rises have been under 1% for years and oil prices are low. Public sector workers have seen their wages fall in real terms, for many years. Osborne, like yourself, is a dick

Rubbish. Inflation is low because the economy is under control. The house price bubble that everyone stressed about has calmed down. The price of petrol at the pumps is down almost 30% since the referendum, and that has a kick on effect when it comes to goods in shops as the cost of shipping drops too - as we can all see with falling or stable prices in our supermarkets. Bread for example is down from the standard £1 per 800g to £0.78 per 800g in most supermarkets today.

As for wages this year most people will be getting a wage rise well above inflation thanks to the fact that that inflation is so low. So it's good news for you even if your boss is a tight c**t. rolleyes.gif

The only people pissed off about it are Labour politicians who are about to get the spanking of their lives in May, and SNP politicians who know it's become increasingly obvious that had Scotland f**ked up and voted the wrong way we'd have been in real deep shit. Fortunately we remained in the UK and we can all enjoy the benefits of a stable and balanced economy.

Edited by Stuart Dickson